• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Terrapin X case

6gunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2017
    CO
    I just treated myself to a Terrapin X. For the money it’s a shame that for the money all it comes with is that shitty rain cover. Those of you that own a Terrapin, what case do you store it in? I was thinking of picking up a Pelican 1120 case.

I just treated myself to a Terrapin X. For the money it’s a shame that for the money all it comes with is that shitty rain cover. Those of you that own a Terrapin, what case do you store it in? I was thinking of picking up a Pelican 1120 case.

Fits perfect. Was recommended to me by another member
    8AC5A9E1-A2C1-4E80-91BB-8CA9B48D1198.jpeg
    7E0273D7-B030-42C7-9F5D-066864039191.jpeg

Reactions: 6gunner
    You also can go to Harbor Freight and get one of the hard cases they sell. I have the 2 of them a small and medium. They are great for the money. I even sent my AI-PSR in the medium one to Mile High to get some work done on it I just had to take off the foreguard. They come with a lot of form so you can customize it to what you need. Take a look online.

Last edited:
    If you want a soft case that can be carried on webbing/MOLLE, I highly recommend the large rangefinder pouch made by FHF gear. It's got good padding to it, MOLLE on the back/sides, and has a good secure buckle strap in addition to an elastic pull tab. I've also got their Kestrel pouch attached to the side of it. Very handy set-up.

Plus 1 on the Pelican. Considering what the unit cots I like to protect when it's going back and forth from the field. Our in the brush I expect to have something happen, but I'd hate to see it crushed in car between a color and a gun case.

@USMC22 I did pick one of these up (link below) and it does fit the LRF perfectly but no room for Kestrel.

If you only care about holding the Terrapin then it might be for you. However now seeing the pouch in #14 above, I'd probably go that direction now.

Reactions: USMC22 and 6gunner