• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terrapin X vs Leica 3500 CRF vs Revic BR4 Rangefinders

ratton

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 21, 2009
Nevada
My old Zeiss Victory 8X45 RF binoculars crapped out after 15 years. I would like opinions of the above listed range finders. The Revic BR4 and the Leica 3500 CRF are priced similarly. I have a Kestrel Elite so I am familiar with compatibility of the Terrapin X and the Leica. I like the Revic's 10X vs the 7X of the Leica and Terrapin X. Interested on you opinion of reliability, warranty, range, etc.

So to rank them in order from best to worst as far as ranging abilities and reliable Bluetooth connectivity it would go:

1) Terrapin X (pretty good ranging and reliably connection)

2) 3500.com (good range, spotty connection)

3) Sig 3000 binos (similar to 2800 as far as range, reliable connection)

4) 2800.com (not as small beam divergence as 3500, but still ranges far out there, worse connection than even the 3500)

5) any other sig BDX (not as good at ranging, has reliable connection to kestrel)

I have a Revic and I like it a lot. Works perfect . I’m sure between the revic and the sig you will have a 50/50 split. Being that both are proven

Would like to know if the same BR4 laser is in the new Revic LRF Bino.
Any reviews yet on the Revic Bino-lrf?

The new Vortex razor 4000 GB may be worth adding to your list. Built in Geoballistics software, on sale 55% off right now if you qual for their VIP pricing, not gonna beat the warranty. I grabbed one but won't get to use it for another month or two.

Would like to know if the same BR4 laser is in the new Revic LRF Bino.
Any reviews yet on the Revic Bino-lrf?
The laser in the Mono BR4 is a little better. For reasons that would be a little boring here. However, I consistently range better/faster with the bino. I believe this is strictly a function of the steadiness and FOV from the two handed bino.

The laser in the Mono BR4 is a little better. For reasons that would be a little boring here. However, I consistently range better/faster with the bino. I believe this is strictly a function of the steadiness and FOV from the two handed bino.
Can confirm. A recent MD using Leica 3200s was insisting steel was at 620 when my BR4 got 540, the Revic was correct. The Leica was getting the scrub behind.

Reactions: diverdon
Had a Sig and went to the Revic BR4. I have found the revic is better overall, especially the optical clarity and user interface. However, I do have to give sig big props on their laser. It really could reach out and get a read on small targets.