• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

Re: TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K Divers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rich, do you have a gambling problem? Your horse can't ALWAYS win can it?

Just jealous.....can't win a bet with a girl scout.</div></div>

I got few good buys off that list...real sleepers. Me thinks you'd be a good bet too...If you don't go too high!

Still debating on whether or not to shoot the 338
cool.gif

I hear that .338's perform very well for rapid-fire strings at 200.
wink.gif

Looking forward to meeting you guys.. Should be a great competition.

Jon

Hey Fellas, Any idea how many guys are on the standby list. I would like to make it but its a long ways to come on a maybe. Dean-o

The standby list is currently only one or so as far as I know, but tomorrow I will verify.
Standby might not mean you have to drive here to discover whether you can shoot. Rather, shooters may cancel two weeks prior to the match, for example, and at that time we notify the next-in-line standby shooter of the newly created vacancy. He then gets to choose whether to shoot, having sent in his deposit earlier.
Only if on the morning of the shoot a sudden vacancy resulting from a shooter not showing up at the safety briefing would you have driven over on a maybe. Often a shooter cannot make it to a match and has given no notice of it, or could not due to a sudden occurrence preventing his being present.

I guess I'll have to ride out there on the medic unit.Maybe I'll meet a few people on here and learn a few things.To bad I'll be working.I might even keep the heater turned up in the medic unit if anyone want to warm up for a min. well in the case of Louisiana in might be mid 70's and 110% humidity.

Yeah, we may need A/C, not a heater. We also my need a gallon of Off, if the damn mosquitos don't die off by then, they are very bad right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Equipment? Like what?
Range finders and commonly used gear permitted. I will let you guys know of any gear limitations, but if you have somethng specific in mind let me know. Terry and Jim are liberal with the gear.
Pending veto by the range owner the fee will probably be $150.
Two day match.
<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #990000">Up to 200rds rifle.</span></span>
No pistol.
</div></div>

Oh Lawd, the Texas guys are coming!?

grin.gif
cool.gif

Ritten, I am getting the impression you are ready to go shoot this sucker.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HiCapMag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh Lawd, the Texas guys are coming!?

grin.gif
cool.gif

Ritten, I am getting the impression you are ready to go shoot this sucker.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Ya think? We're probably heading out to PA this weekend to practice what I can think of may come up out to 600yds. Definitely looking forward to the match itself though and finding out what it's all about.

Ritten-

From what I understand the match will be benchrest style shooting from 300yds and less. Definitly not worth wasting time practicing beyond that! Make sure you bring your stake and table tie-down to get your bench really secure!

Oh, and just ignore that my name is on the competitors list. That must have been a typo as well.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bigjohnintexas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ritten-

From what I understand the match will be benchrest style shooting from 300yds and less. Definitly not worth wasting time practicing beyond that! Make sure you bring your stake and table tie-down to get your bench really secure! </div></div>

What a relief!! That means I can leave the data book and LRF at home, just dial in a 200yd zero and hold for the entire match. I can nearly throw windeage calls out the window at that range as well! This should be easy.

whistle.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SHOOTER LIST ATTACHED.Names of Snipers
Tony McCullum
R.G.
Patrick Morris
Todd Morris
Chad haworth
Nick Painter
Sean McKay
Lance Beldstock
Scott Pringle
Ben Matthews
Pete Carpentier
Bill Caughman
Louis Phillips
Richard Emmons
Lonnie Devine
Chase Tresler
Adam Hayworth
Matt Tederman
Scott Bartels
Jeff Badley
Donald Witherspoon
Jerry Newman
Shane McAlary
Vaughan Kennemer
Jim P. Brown
Sean Finney
John Rorie
Chuck Ross
Robert Baker
<span style="color: #FF0000">Adam Hucksinger</span>
Bruce Gordon
Tony Gimmile
John Sommers
Ed Ozierski
David Constance
Kevin Ryan
Kevin Divers
Ted Torres
Kewvin Elppers
Tim Long
Patt Cobbs
Troy Turner
Russell Dean
Geordie Richardson
John Boney
Brian Richman
Kevin Drake
Sean Little
Casey Simpson
Huck Allen
</div></div>

It's Adam Lucksinger, not Hucksinger....I just want to make sure my name is spelled correctly on the LAST PLACE trophy
smile.gif
<span style="color: #FFFF00"> </span>

Casey, Terry and Jim,
Outback and I are bringing a few Targets to give away on the prize table. If anybody wants anything special cut give me a PM.

BTW.. Terry give us some idea on what we are going to be doing? We need lasers,shooting sticks, grenades or what?

Gentlemen, here's an example of our weather changes:
Sunday the temperature was 78F and the sky was clear. 24 hours later the temperature was 48F and very not-clear. There's your range of weather swings for NW LA.

If you don;t like the weather in LA just stick around for an hour, it'll change

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gentlemen, here's an example of our weather changes:
Sunday the temperature was 78F and the sky was clear. 24 hours later the temperature was 48F and very not-clear. There's your range of weather swings for NW LA. </div></div>

42 in the AM tomorrow, 39ish for a low.

Today, Seekins donated rings, bases dbm
USOptics donated a certificate.
Tom Manners a stock

Will you be posting a list of who donated what?

GAP a barrel install including Bartlein barrel.
Keith Taylor a SW Texas weekend deer hunt.
Surgeon dbms, rails.
TAB slings, belts pinch bags.
Volkmann certificate off work.
Evans Financial wine
Bartlein Barrels a barrel (surprise).
Impact Data Books data books.
US Opitics certificate
Seekens Precision dbm rings bases

Thanks, looks like some nice prizes. I hope you have enough for all 50

Gee, sounds like the weather in central Texas...... where I practice
laugh.gif

My reloader 25 is failing me in the 243.... The difference in 30 degree morning and the 70 degree evenings is too much. I'm thinkin H1000

Guys, some would like to know what time Sunday we might finish.
According to Terry, we have no idea.
We will do lots of shooting and it depends on how much we get done on Saturday.
Sounds to me like drag assin around on our parts on Saturday and Sunda would be detrimental to an earlier departure on Sunday. ;-)

I would like to be put on the list if anybody cannot make the shoot. Please advise me on what to do to make the list. Mr. Cross told me it was that they had all the shooters they could have. So if anyone cant make it please let me know.

Call the Pro Shop.
Ph 318 872 0111
Ask to be put on the standby list.
Show up at the match with the match entry fee.
Standbys will be taken in the order in which they were received.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My reloader 25 is failing me in the 243.... The difference in 30 degree morning and the 70 degree evenings is too much. I'm thinkin H1000 </div></div>

When you climb down from the John Deer try H4350

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">H1000 is working miracles.... Nuff said </div></div>

If it works run with it. H1000 would give higher velocities, win/win

As a side, your dads 6BR is chambered, may be ready next week

Casey, can i come to watch the match

Thunderbolt,
I'm sure Casey will answer your question promptly, and I may be wrong because of an insurance policy.
BUT, if you have never been to a tactical match, I highly encourage you go watch.
You can learn alot just by seeing how stages are run and I bet they wouldn't turn you down if you offered to paint targets
wink.gif

Guys, I don't want to speak for Terry and Jim as to what they might allow. LIke most things, I believe reasonableness is the issue; in other words, a small number of interested folks also inclined to assist in whatever need might arise in the form of labor. I know nothing about the match, relays or whatever they might have planned. I'm shooting the match.

Well, i have been thinking about buying some land in west texas or hill country to do comp. i was just thinking i would like to see this one. i would like to get a practical shooting comp started here in texas kinda like the steel challenge. maybe we could do a desert sniper comp if i get land in west texas.

"Sniper" competitions are regularly held in at least three places in Texas: Rifles Only near Kingsville, Tac Pro near Stephenville, and Tiger Valley near Waco.

That's not to say that another wouldn't be viable, but there's not a yawning void just aching for someone to fill it.
laugh.gif

ThunderBolt, more power to you, if you run it like the Raton Sporting Rifles monthly match I bet you could get 20-30 show up each month, depending location, motel availability etc. Only thing I'd do different than Raton is increase the payback to top shooters. If you need steel targets PM me.

Now back on topic hope to see you there you will get plenty of knowledge by coming.

SevenBat, you better get your shit squared away cause I'm coming full throttle.

Yeah u will see targets just hit them LOL

rich i hope to do something like raton do you shoot at tac pro up there they are great guys i wish i live up there

Gentlemen,
I won't be ready for this so my slot is now available . . . hope to catch up with you another time . . . . Best regards, Ed

Roscoe, you are lucky, we went out there yesterday and they had the 1000 yard range closed because they where working on it. Glad to hear they got done.