• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

Re: TerryCross/JimClarkMatchDec 5/6LongRangeAlley

Terry & Jim,

Thanks for a great match and all the hard work that went into making it a pleasurable and education event. Well designed and smoothly run.

Can't leave without saying that it is the fellow squad members, shooters, and old & new friends that really make it a great experience as well.

Well, I got in late yesterday afternoon, and finally got all my gear put away.

First off, I would like to thank Terry, Jim, Casey, Luke, Jess, Logan, and Glen for taking the time out of their already busy schedule, to make this match happen. The COF was great and certainly made me realize what I need to work on. I learned a tremendous amount of stuff.

Secondly, a big thanks out to all of the contributors to the prize table. We are all grateful and blessed to have such the support to make our sport possible.

It was also a great privilege to meet all of you shooters, as well as have the opportunity to shoot with you in the competition.

Kevin, thanks for the tips and CONGRATULATIONS bro! It was fun hanging out at dinner with you, Tony, Chad, and crew… (Can’t remember all the names) Tony G., after that episode at dinner, I am convinced that your ass needs a prescription of Ritalin…
grin.gif

Roscoe, thanks for the hospitality and convoying us to the range for zero checks…

Graham and Painter, thanks for the lunch and shuttling me around the range....

Terry and Jim, I hope this was the start of what is an excellent, annual Tactical Match at LRA…. Hopefully someone will take the reins and run with it…

Looking forward to shooting with you all again…

Best Regards,
Jon

Wow... What can I say about a match that was put on by 2 Master shoters??? It was excellent! You knew from the start that it was not going to be a walk in the park. Especially since in another life Terry used to be a member of "Cirque de sole" and would rather shoot in a contorted sitting or kneeling position than prone!!! I had a great time and met some great guys.

Congratulations to Keivn on the win.

I look forward to shooting with yall in the future.

Can you believe the prize table???? It was the largest I have ever seen. Everybody got something!!!!

Can you imagine the shooting we could done if it was a week long???? (hint, hint)????

Once again, thanks Terry and Jim.... I did miss laying next to yall and soaking up your mojo!!!!!!

I just want to echo what everyone else has already said and give a <span style="font-weight: bold">BIG</span> thanks to Terry, Jim, their families, Casey, and the sponsors that generously gave to the competion. For me to come away 24th place and still win a prize worth $300 says a lot about the prize table.

The most fun thing about the competition for me was meeting all of you in person. There was a great bunch of guys there and I sincerely enjoyed the company and the Capt.(Superior Grill guys will understand). Congratulations to the top winners, and I assure you that I will try to do my best to keep Rich sober next time. I think he shoots better with a hangover.

See you at the next one!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: preston pritchett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone have a equipment list on the top 10?
Thanks </div></div>

A 591 was on the first place rifle if that helps, I know because I shot next to him several times during the match
wink.gif

Preston 8 of the top 10 were surgeons. I was 8th and will be shooting a surgeon next year so it would have been 9 out of 10. Thanks for the tour

The Aussie, s

I know first place was running a GAP built surgeon.
Rich Emmonds was running a Surgeon in 2nd or 3rd.
Me and dad were running scalpels in 5th and 6th

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems like one of those matches a person ought to not miss...</div></div>Fargo, you could even stretch it a bit and say it was a match made in heaven.

Saturday evening stage had many exercises, all with the potential for scoring:

Stage 1)

Start at the Superior Bar and Grill. Brush briefly against the divorced women packing the entranceway. Avoid the inevitable cold bore shot at point blank range, as this is primarily a spotting exercise and there are no points available.

Stage 2)

Be seated at the long table with the other shooters in your squad, immediately next to the live band. Chat with the girl at the next table who is asking 'the guy who looks like Tom Hanks' to grab a volleyball and shout "Wilson!!!"'. Confirm the identity of the shooter by taking a digital photo of Rich. 100 points.

Stage 3)

Starting with two rounds in your pocket, and a five dollar bill, walk from the host stand to the bar in the back, about 45 yards, an order multiple drinks on someone else's tab. Have them delivered to your table. 20 points per drink, for a total of 100 points.

Stage 4)

This is the KIMS part: On the way back, dance with the tall, skinny girl with the crazy eyes who can't keep from pulling up her shirt while rubbing against her blonde friend. 50 points if she whispers in your ear. 50 more points if the next morning you can write down what she said to your spotter and promise never to repeat it to his girfriend. Total: 100 points.

Stage 5)

Mil range the bottle blonde, determine the size of the rack, take an average of the readings for length and width, then interrupt the guy she is dancing with. Survive the encounter without assistance from the rest of the team, for a total of 100 points.

Stage 6)

This one was, I believe, a former military exercise: Stalk the crowd and establish an FFP at the entrance from the bar to the patio. Engage multiple targets at multiple distances, using at least one hold-under
wink.gif
. Run back to the start position, gather your equipment, and follow four movers in two teams of two men each. Cutting the center scoring ring on each target is 100 points per team member. No in-person verification of the other person's score will be permitted on this exercise.

Stage 7)

Not many formal matches have a nav exercise, but this one, apparently, did: find your way back to the range for an 8am start time the next morning.

That's all I can remember of the most challenging courses of fire. The rest was a lot of work with rifles and stuff. </div></div>

I'm still laughing my ass off thinking how much fun this stage was!!

Terry, that link doesn't appear to be working for me: says 'forbidden'.

Hey Terry, I did not want to see a photo of myself, but I am sure there are a few other guys that would like to see themselves. The link you posted did not work.

I will be send you an email this week. GREAT job on the match.

Sorry. Not sure about protocols, hyperlinks and HTML . . . .
Fixed it where you can get there from above. Just not as elegant.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fargo007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This seems like one of those matches a person ought to not miss...</div></div>Fargo, you could even stretch it a bit and say it was a match made in heaven.

Saturday evening stage had many exercises, all with the potential for scoring:

Stage 1)

Start at the Superior Bar and Grill. Brush briefly against the divorced women packing the entranceway. Avoid the inevitable cold bore shot at point blank range, as this is primarily a spotting exercise and there are no points available.

Stage 2)

Be seated at the long table with the other shooters in your squad, immediately next to the live band. Chat with the girl at the next table who is asking 'the guy who looks like Tom Hanks' to grab a volleyball and shout "Wilson!!!"'. Confirm the identity of the shooter by taking a digital photo of Rich. 100 points.

Stage 3)

Starting with two rounds in your pocket, and a five dollar bill, walk from the host stand to the bar in the back, about 45 yards, an order multiple drinks on someone else's tab. Have them delivered to your table. 20 points per drink, for a total of 100 points.

Stage 4)

This is the KIMS part: On the way back, dance with the tall, skinny girl with the crazy eyes who can't keep from pulling up her shirt while rubbing against her blonde friend. 50 points if she whispers in your ear. 50 more points if the next morning you can write down what she said to your spotter and promise never to repeat it to his girfriend. Total: 100 points.

Stage 5)

Mil range the bottle blonde, determine the size of the rack, take an average of the readings for length and width, then interrupt the guy she is dancing with. Survive the encounter without assistance from the rest of the team, for a total of 100 points.

Stage 6)

This one was, I believe, a former military exercise: Stalk the crowd and establish an FFP at the entrance from the bar to the patio. Engage multiple targets at multiple distances, using at least one hold-under
wink.gif
. Run back to the start position, gather your equipment, and follow four movers in two teams of two men each. Cutting the center scoring ring on each target is 100 points per team member. No in-person verification of the other person's score will be permitted on this exercise.

Stage 7)

Not many formal matches have a nav exercise, but this one, apparently, did: find your way back to the range for an 8am start time the next morning.

That's all I can remember of the most challenging courses of fire. The rest was a lot of work with rifles and stuff.</div></div>

Absolutely Brilliant, Graham!

I lost some of and picked some points up on this stage, and some points are yet to be determined.
grin.gif

You Sir, are a word smith.

Edited to add: You forgot the know your limits drill....
grin.gif

Rich,

Don't post pics of the chicks that you wish you took home. Post the pics of the big black chick with the thong hanging out that you actually took home that night.

It just now dawned on me why you shot so well on Sunday!!!

Fargo, and for those of you who asked, here's a breakdown of the stages the way I remember it:

Dec 5 AM

1) Cold Bore, 189 yards, 1 shot, 100 points
2) Know Your Limitations, 189 yards, 4 shots, 100 points
3) LE face target, 189 yards, 1 shot, 100 points
4) Box your scope drill, 100 yards, 4 shots, 100 points
5) Run to line & shoot, 160 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
6) Speed drill dots, 100 yards, 5 shots, 100points

Dec 5 PM

7) Milling targets, 0 shots, 100 points
8) 5x Popper from sitting, 500 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
9) 5x Popper from kneeling, 300 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
10) Pop Ups, 200 yards, 4 shots, 100 points
11) Pop up smiley faces, 100 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
12) 2 Poppers UKD, 611 and 624 yards, 2 shots, 100 points
13) Left to right UKD, 493-475yards, 4 shots, 100 points

Dec 6 AM

14) Cold Bore, 189 yards, 1 shot, 100 points
15) 5 x Poppers at 1020 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
16) 5 x Poppers at 820 yards, 5 shotd, 100 points
17) Bullseye Target for score, 400yards, 5 shots, 100 points
Bullseye Target for score, 300 yards, 5 shots, 100 points

Dec 6 PM

18) Weak side dots prone, 100 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
19) Kneeling dots, 100 yards, 4 shots, 100 points
20) Shapes KIMS, 100 yards, 5 shots, 100 points
21) Hostage target, 160 yards, 2 shots, 100 points
22) KIMS headshot, 25 yards, 1 shot, 100 points

Sorry, but I don't remember the target sizes or time limits, both which, I admit, matter a lot. Most of the time limits were generous enough. Some of the targets were also generous in size, but others not so much.

Man, looks like I missed a good workout!

Jim put one on a few years back at the Shootout, a 1 day gig, and I remember how much fun and how difficult it was.

Wish I could have come up.