• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas competitions????

oobray

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2008
dallas area, tx
I'm looking to compete using rifle and pistol. I'll do 3 gun however I'm not to keen on the shotgun part. Anyone know of any comps going on in texas, or oklahoma? I know about the 3 gun being put on by Larue Tactical however I think that might be out of my league and I don't think I can swing 150 bucks for a comp.

Re: Texas competitions????

Boltripper is the bouncer...you want in the club, do what he say
grin.gif

Tac Pro next Weekend... It's $200 bucks but most comps now are... just consider it good experience and training, I haven't left any competitions wishing i could get my entry money back, only wished I would have shot better.

Tiger Valley (waco area) usually has about 4 or so comps a year and is a great place to get your feet wet.

There is a couple LR Unkown Distance steel target matches that happen in western Oklahoma that are great matches for those of us that like to get prone and mil UKD's. they're around $100 and usually pay back 100% and have decent prize tables.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oobray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man what is the deal with completing my profile. Why can't we just talk on the forum?</div></div>

Because people who don't fill out their profile have a tendency to be trolls, or shit stirrers, and feel the anonymity of the internet gives them free reign to be an ass.

Whereas if you have your profile filled out, your legitimacy is taken more seriously.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whereas if you have your profile filled out, your legitimacy is taken more seriously. </div></div>

Unless you're from McKinney TX, in which case, you're screwed from the getgo.

Rifles Only puts on several, and the top one's being the Snipershide Cup and the Bash. Tiger Valley and Tac Pro also have some tactical pistol/rifle matches. That's about it, that I know of in TX.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whereas if you have your profile filled out, your legitimacy is taken more seriously. </div></div>

Unless you're from McKinney TX, in which case, you're screwed from the getgo. </div></div>

One more like that and you're banned for a week.

Place out in Breckenridge has a 1k range and a 3 gun match every 3rd sat, well they did not sure about these days. I grew up around there and its a great range, come and go as you please etc. just have to be a member to get the combo. There is also a varmint or LR sorta shoot up in Graham, not sure exactly what it is I think its a LR shoot of sorts, heard about it just never made it up there to check it out.

Ridge Runners Gun club is the one in Breckenridge TX, not sure about the name of the one in Graham

Well if I were you I would complete my Profile, Mike pretty much said it all, and it will help you network with local shooters, or we will continue to Bukakke you here and at the Matches.

So let me see if I understand how the forum works... Unless I divulge personal information (which could easily be fake) I am cosidered to be a "troll" whatever that is? This despite the fact that, while few so far, all of my posts have been appropriate. That doesnt seem right to me. Thank you to those who contributed and helped me with information, it is much appreciated.

Lighten up Francis....

Fill out your profile so we can better help you...

If there is someone local it can be a bonus. get a gmail account... put in your city & state & tell us whatcha like to do...

How hard or personal is that????

It's not like folks are askin for bank account numbers or SSN...

Sorry if I seemed to be over reacting. it seemed to me that I was being "shunned" so to speak because I didn't fill out my profile. I'll work on putting down some info.

BAM!

Bro.... you got about 462 people in your area that can help at any time... I know a few of those cats personally...

You're in good hands up there...

Dont let CKA and Cobra bother you, they are well known homosexuals, and butripper grades the dismount

come to the training next week at tiger valley