• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Texas Gunsmith??

Texas_Republic

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2009
Texas
Live in the lubbock area. Anyone know of a good gunsmith in these parts they would feel comfortable with working on a 338 Lapua rifle?

Re: Texas Gunsmith??

Mark Pharr in Austin. Mail it to him. Youre gonna end up mailing it to a good smith anyway, trust me.

I have worked out in the area. I think for a decent smith your going to have to mail it out. You will spend cash on shipping, but you will save cash on the drive and for sales tax on whatever gets done! Win Win. Or Win/Lose since you will still be living in Lubbock!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LukeUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hill country rifles </div></div>

They are a long way away from lubbock. If your going to have to mail you might as well hit up GAP, Roscoe etc..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shaggyback</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mark Pharr in Austin. Mail it to him. Youre gonna end up mailing it to a good smith anyway, trust me. </div></div>

I'll 2nd Mark,
I just bought a barrel from him, very nice and very knowledgeable
grin.gif

Mark S. Pharr
Tumbleweeds Custom Rifles
3005 Live Oak St
Round Rock TX 78681
www.tumbleweedsrifles.com
512-246-7563 shop
512-636-7563 cell