• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Texas Hog Hunt Report

Tikkad

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2010
Abilene texas
Just thought I would share some pictures and the story of my last 4 days hog hunting. I will have to add onto this when time permits but just thought i would get it up before i go to sleep. a friend and myself took our dogs out to Throckmroton Texas to try and get on some swine this weekend. We did not do half bad. we ended up with about 15 hogs. our main goal was to work some younger dogs and get them on the right track. I would say that went well my 10 month old 3/4 Black Mouth Curr 1/8 Rodesian and 1/8 American Pit got 2 solid bays of his own . we had a couple of good boars it is hard to get descent pictures on the night hunts we normally dont carry a camera or phone after all of our spurr of the moment river crossings we have had. Most of our bay dogs can stop a pig by themselves. that one picture of the ridgeback boar that we got was 340lbs and our small curr heidi and my and my 10 month old Lou locked it down in no time. We got on the same baor twice that took 6 dogs for a run 2 different nights for a total of close to 10 miles. we never did get him. I took my dad out one day for a quick hunt before he had to leave to head back to dallas.

now the good stuff…

good smaller boar but he had some fight to him
3db7687a.jpg

this was a spotted white and black boar with some serious hardware
90bf6918.jpg

and this was a 340lbs boar with my dog lou on the left and my father

084c7101.jpg

5773edb7.jpg

a little 115 lbs boar up on a nice ridge
2a34de55.jpg

terrible picture but heres part of the crew
d40e697c.jpg

a little hardware
cc83534b.jpg

and finally here whitney with her first over knife kill
1331788654.jpg

my apologies for the crappy pictures and lack there of.

Re: Texas Hog Hunt Report

Seeing a woman holding a bloody knife over a freshly killed boar is the most amazing thing I have ever seen. Thank you. You're a lucky guy.

Thats my buddies wife he is a lucky man to have a woman that will do that. You would actually be amazed the amount of females that want if not beg us to take them to try it out. if i posted a picture of these blonde twins with a knife this thread might go a different direction than i had planned lol

tikka'd, you're making my week better, please continue to do so and post them up.

Mate, if the pigs there are anything like the ones we have down here, you'd want to be washing that blood off ASAP. They carry all manners of parasites and disease.

Otherwise, if you want a change up, get yourself a boar spear and have at it.