• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Texas LR Championship

437 registered shooters. With 9 firing points, it should last a very long time. "Relay 23, your prep time will commence..."

:)

Just in case someone gets the wrong idea. I was kidding up above.

The range looks great, and I'm thinking we will have 4 relays. It should be a lot of fun but I am bringing rain gear, just in case.

Last edited:
Actually, we have 20+ firing points. It's going to be quick as it will be all 1000 yards; no moving cars and equipment.

It should be nice weather, not too warm and not too cold; just right.

I will be there at 5:30AM, with a coffee drip and flashlight and with the Official Scale to weigh all the rifles; I have the stickers all printed.

Actually, we have 20+ firing points. It's going to be quick as it will be all 1000 yards; no moving cars and equipment.

It should be nice weather, not too warm and not too cold; just right.

I will be there at 5:30AM, with a coffee drip and flashlight and with the Official Scale to weigh all the rifles; I have the stickers all printed.

Yeah, i knew you guys had 20 firing points, i shot the championship last year. I like the fact that its all at 1000 this year, Palma is fun but it sure is nice to just stay put at 1000 and not move equipment. That was a good match last year in tough conditions, especially on Saturday. I thought i remembered someone saying last year that you guys were adding 5 more firing points for a total of 25. Is that in the future plans for the range? Anyhow, see y'all bright and early Saturday morning.

Last edited:
Well if I knew how to post a pdf I could but...
The local boys cleaned up pretty well. Wish I could have made it.
Congrats Guys!

JW

F-OPEN RIFLE Tournament
Congratulations to Mark Walker for winning the Tournament with a 596-29X.
Second Overall, went to Trinity Preslar with a 596-27X.
Third Overall, went to Bryan Chatwell with a 590-28X.

F-TR RIFLE Tournament
Congratulations to Denys Beauchemin for winning the Tournament with a 580-15X.
Second Overall, went to Dean Wheeler with a 577-14X.
Third Overall, went to Allen Tampke with a 575-14X.

Last edited:
PALMA RIFLE Tournament

Congratulations to Stacey Tamulinas for winning the Tournament with a 595-30X.
Second Overall, went to Tony Miller with a 584-25X.
Third Overall, went to Tommy Laing with a 582-22X.
Congratulations to Tony Miller for setting a new National Record of 200-16 in the Police Class for 20 shots at 1000 Yards.

SERVICE RIFLE Tournament
Congratulations to Wes Van Bramer for winning the tournament with a 549-13X.

ANY RIFLE/METALLIC SIGHTS and MATCH RIFLE Tournament
Congratulations to Kenneth Porter for winning the Tournament with a 588-22X.

Congratulations to Tony Miller for setting a new National Record of 200-16X in the Police Class for 20 shots at 1000 Yards with Metallic Sights.

Sunday was a rainout

When are local matches at the club? Went once but gate was locked.

It's a private club so the gate is locked most of the time. It is opened to let anyone in when matches are scheduled. The full schedule is found at the Bayou Rifles website: Welcome to website of Bayou Rifles Inc.. Essentially there are matches on the first, second and third Sunday of every month with many fourth Sundays seeing matches also. There are over 40 matches a year.

It's a private club so the gate is locked most of the time. It is opened to let anyone in when matches are scheduled. The full schedule is found at the Bayou Rifles website: Welcome to website of Bayou Rifles Inc.. Essentially there are matches on the first, second and third Sunday of every month with many fourth Sundays seeing matches also. There are over 40 matches a year.
I will look it up. Maybe next time I am in town. I am not sure if any of my rifles are legal for the matches.