• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texas mid-range championships

Re: Texas mid-range championships

Here are the state matches

For those needing to look at 2010 work & vacation schedules, here are some important dates:

March 26-28 Regional at Bayou Rifles Houston
April 10-11 Mid Range Champ Camp Swift
May 1-2 Regional at Carthage
May 21-23 High Power Champ Camp Swift
October 8-11 Long Range Champ Bayou Rifles Houston
October 22-24 Service Rifle Champ Camp Swift

Panola County Gun Club will have some mid range matches this year with the XTC matches. You can view the schedule at epcgc.com

Bayou Rifles will have a full schedule of matches for XTC, Mid Range, and Long Range. View the schedule at bayourifles.com

Here is the latest email on the mid range championship from the match director.

"The Mid-Range Championship program is posted on the TSRA website at:
https://www.tsra.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=87&Itemid=149
Please don't send entries until March 1.

TSRA has a new website; if you haven't visited lately, take a look.

I have changed the awards schedule this year. Categories will be any rifle open sights, any rifle optical sight, service rifle, F/O and F/TR. The category for any rifle optical sight will be for those individuals who wish to shoot their sporting rifle with a sling in competition. If you know of someone who wants to get involved with competitive shooting but is waiting because they don't have a good rifle, this is a good opportunity to shoot what you have and get started. Any rifle iron sights will include Palma and Match rifles.

Barracks should be available and I will send the info later when that is confirmed.

Kenneth Gaby"

Update on the TX State Mid-Range Championships, here is the Match Director's email:

"I was notified early this week that a deploying Guard Unit has requested all ranges at Camp Swift for April 10-11. I thought we were past these issues this year but obviously not. Requesting all ranges is a standard request when a unit does not know the exact training schedule for the weekend. We are in the process of contacting the unit to determine what their schedule is. The personnel in charge of the schedule were on leave this week. We may not be able to determine their schedule for a couple weeks.

I am requesting that ALL ENTRIES BE HELD until the original date is confirmed or denied. I am holding checks received to date and will continue to hold until I know something. I will inform everyone as soon as I know.

If we have to reschedule, I am looking at April 24-25, May 8-9. I do not know at this time if these dates are available at Swift. I regret this has happened but it's beyond my control. Thanks for your patience.

Kenneth Gaby"

You are right, here is Ken's email:

"Received word this morning the Mid Range Champ is A GO. Please forward your entry forms. The SARTS Sniper Unit will be shooting along side us on Sat.

As soon as I have word on which barracks are assigned to us, I will forward that info.
See you at Camp Swift or at the Regional at Bayou Rifles March 26-28.

Kenneth Gaby"