• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Competition Events Texas Precision June match

Stank

Stank
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2019
Houston
I’ve been doing local 22 matches and finally convinced some guys in our club to go to something bigger. Just curious if anyone is going or has any tips

Bottled water rather than water jugs. I hate having to find an empty bottle in the truck at a competition.

Reactions: Stank
I’ve been doing local 22 matches and finally convinced some guys in our club to go to something bigger. Just curious if anyone is going or has any tips
Are you talking about the PRS match or the 22 LR match or both? I shoot both. For the PRS match you will need to move (read pack your stuff) and physically move to another location to shoot the second half of the stages, so make sure you can carry all your stuff back to your vehicle easily. I use my old 3-gun cart and it works great. They generally have bottled water at each stage so you're good there. The 22 LR match is pretty self contained...probably spans a 150 yard line, so easy to move about. Both have good, fair stages, but be aware that it is ALWAYS windy there...always. Make sure you're comfortable with anything from 6mph to 18mph. I think this weekend it'll be around 9mph for the PRS match. Good luck and hope to see you there!

Really only into prs/nrl stuff but Navasota is where I’ve been going recently super nice place

Great that’s what I’d like to try also. I’m going to CCC this Saturday to observe and learn. Good luck!
If you have a rifle, bring it and shoot. Or look up TX Precision on FB. They have loaner rifles, just buy the ammo. Youll regret just watching.

Reactions: Stank