• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Anyone in the Houston / Woodlands area going to the show at legends sports today or tomorrow? Ive never been is it worth it? There is one in Conroe the 22 and 23 that I am going to go to also, Its a lot closer to me.

Honestly have never heard of the Legends Sports show. Although, I dont really go to gun shows much anymore. Its been a while since I've been to one and stopped going because there just didnt seem to be any "really good deals" like there used to be a decade or two ago. I've thought about going to the Conroe show, maybe I'll check out the one on the 22nd....I could use a few spare Para mags. Having issues with mine and have another IPSC match on the 23rd.

Honestly have never heard of the Legends Sports show. Although, I dont really go to gun shows much anymore. Its been a while since I've been to one and stopped going because there just didnt seem to be any "really good deals" like there used to be a decade or two ago. I've thought about going to the Conroe show, maybe I'll check out the one on the 22nd....I could use a few spare Para mags. Having issues with mine and have another IPSC match on the 23rd.
Definetly not impressed with the legends show. Going to check out conroe in 2 weeks it's a different group that runs it

It's looking more, & more like I'm moving to Odessa in the next few months. It will be a huge change from the Pac NW where I've lived almost my whole life, but opportunity has knocked. So now I need to find someone to shoot with, & a place to shoot. My go to rifle is a 28" 300WM that hasn't seen a target shorter than 750yds in a long time, & usually run beyond a grand to a mile with it. Also have a 16" DPMS for "shorter" ranges. Looking forward to meeting some new friends down there. But not looking forward to the heat...
Thanks in advance for any input.
Jeff

No Hiders around Odessa? Now I'm bummed. Nobody to play with...
Seriously, not much action on here huh?

Don't get bummed so soon. There might be one other Hider out in Middle of Nowhere, TX, give or take.....

Someone's bound be relatively near you out there.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Midland certainly isn't the middle of nowhere.......there are much worse places...farther west.

Anything west of I-35 is MoN, TX. LoL, just messing around. I was trying to be bleak and encouraging in one post.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Wait....at Cawthorn? WtF No idea this was going on so close to me. W T F over.

I've been going to Gunsmoke for IPSC matches the past few months. You guys are even just a bit closer to me. Looks like I can't make March 22, we are having a shoot at our place that day (friends, coworkers, etc) and I have brazosland IPSC match the 23rd. But, I am gonna HAVE to start making it to some of yours! Soon.

Been trying to get my wife to hook up with the AG&AG girls that shoot there. She will take training better from someone other than me. LoL

Marking calendar days now. I'll be there....at least by April's match.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Replies! Cool. About M-O-N I thought I went through there somewhere N of Roswell NM actually. Or was it the part from Roswell East? Don't remember now.
As I understand it there isn't any public land down there, so is all the shooting on "ranges" or is there a Good Ol' Boys club around where a guy could shoot the distance I like? Forgive me. I'm used to driving about 45 min to public land where I have targets hidden at ranges from pistol to 1950yd. Just have to be able to see that far through the weather...

This site is very active. Click on "todays posts" under quick links - read a thread, click on todays posts again, all different. I have a hard time keeping up sometimes. LoL jk.

I have no idea what's out that way sorry. Gotta be something within reasonable drive, lots of land out there....

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Cool. I just renewed. Let me know if you want to shoot at 300. I might try to go next Friday and qualify with the guy that runs the high power "department".

I think we all know which Jared you really wanna take and it ain't that one... Grandfather's birthday is this weekend but new scope, rings, and bipod should be in in a few days. I'm going to sight in at the ranch hopefully and maybe we can meet up sometime soon.

I think we all know which Jared you really wanna take and it ain't that one... Grandfather's birthday is this weekend but new scope, rings, and bipod should be in in a few days. I'm going to sight in at the ranch hopefully and maybe we can meet up sometime soon.

You know it....I'm itching to shoot!

Replies! Cool. About M-O-N I thought I went through there somewhere N of Roswell NM actually. Or was it the part from Roswell East? Don't remember now.
As I understand it there isn't any public land down there, so is all the shooting on "ranges" or is there a Good Ol' Boys club around where a guy could shoot the distance I like? Forgive me. I'm used to driving about 45 min to public land where I have targets hidden at ranges from pistol to 1950yd. Just have to be able to see that far through the weather...

We don't really do much BLM or public land down here. If you wanna shoot you pretty much need to have a range nearby, own enough land, or have friends who do. You see a combination of all of them and some parts of the state are better than others in that regard.

That's what I'm looking for. I really hate "range shooting". I much prefer to get out, & shoot steel @ whatever range I want. Or do steel safari style comp's. Not to mention hunting. Elk, & mule deer preferably.

Wait....at Cawthorn? WtF No idea this was going on so close to me. W T F over.

I've been going to Gunsmoke for IPSC matches the past few months. You guys are even just a bit closer to me. Looks like I can't make March 22, we are having a shoot at our place that day (friends, coworkers, etc) and I have brazosland IPSC match the 23rd. But, I am gonna HAVE to start making it to some of yours! Soon.

Been trying to get my wife to hook up with the AG&AG girls that shoot there. She will take training better from someone other than me. LoL

Marking calendar days now. I'll be there....at least by April's match.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Looks like it might be on the 23rd (sunday) after all. I'll update the site later.

Hope some of you can make it out. It's great matches, designed after the bigger matches. Just w/ slightly bigger targets and longer par times.

Looks like I'll need to maybe rethink my set-up. Looks like the only rifle worth shooting is a single feed Savage 300wsm, which "can be done" but but like you said in one of your videos (I am assuming you are the Ryan in the video? not sure) I would be severely disadvantaged. My only rifle with DBM is a 338LM, so cant bring that. Back to the drawing board.

Looks like I'll need to maybe rethink my set-up. Looks like the only rifle worth shooting is a single feed Savage 300wsm, which "can be done" but but like you said in one of your videos (I am assuming you are the Ryan in the video? not sure) I would be severely disadvantaged. My only rifle with DBM is a 338LM, so cant bring that. Back to the drawing board.

I am Ryan! Thanks for watching it. Yeah the 338 would be to much for our targets.

Do you allow 300WM? &/or Semi-Auto's? If not I can't play either.

Yes, 300win mag is allowed, as is semi auto!

Looks like fun...especially the car hostage drill at the end.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.

Take a photo of Kate for me.

You know it....I'm itching to shoot!

Pricks.

sent from Jennifer Lawrence's bedroom

I'll be the guy with a beard in a blue fishing shirt if anyone else is on the rifle range at ASC tomorrow morning...will have a few buddies there...come over and say hi.

All good. It's also in the calendar

Ryan,

The TxPRC calendar shows the March match on the 22nd, this thread says the 23rd, and a post edit at txprclub.org says the 16th. Can you clear up when this match actually is?

Thanks,

Vinson

Ryan,

The TxPRC calendar shows the March match on the 22nd, this thread says the 23rd, and a post edit at txprclub.org says the 16th. Can you clear up when this match actually is?

Thanks,

Vinson

Calendar should show the 16th now.

16th at 8am is when the match starts.

Ryan,

Thanks for the update on the date. My buddy and I signed up, got slots #120 and #121 which worries me. Is there really that many sign-ups? We're waiting on the confirmation email and link to squad but if there's that much interest then I'm sure we're too far down the list.

Thanks again,

Vinson

In the Sugar Land Tx area.

I'm new to SH and distance shooting. Anyone interested in meeting at the American Shooting Center in West Houston and giving a newbie some tips on distance shooting.

I might be able to on the 21st

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I would love to pick your brain. I recently picked up a Rem 700 .308 VLS with a pretty crappy scope that I will eventually change. But I'd like someone to explain to me what would be the best scope for my rifle and what I'm trying to do so just shooting at the American Shooting range and BS'ing about what I should really do would be cool.

I might be able to on the 21st

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BTW.......I'm an LEO (not a sniper obviously) so every time I hear terms like dope, I get all geeked up..LOL

I'm really green about this. I know how to shoot a deer at 100-200 yards but I'd like to dabble in the 700-900 range.

Anyone going to be at ASC this weekend? Got a AI AE I'm taking out. Also anyone with a chrony :D

I'm hoping to make it out there Saturday morning. If not this weekend then definitely the next.

Sent from Kate Beckinsale's closet.