• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: TEXAS

Austin here... interested in findin a shootin coach, or just some guys whom I could shoot with and who could give me a pointer or two. The only long range shooting i've done is shooting hogs at 800+ on my ranch with my 300 wsm, but just got a Savage 110 BA .338, and am interested in competing in the next few years, I just desparately need some coaching first! If anyone knows of anything or anyone, please let me know!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Houston </div></div>

what range you shooting at?

For those of you in the Rio Grande Valley, is there a shooting range there?

I plan to visit soon and a friend said he didn't know of any near Harlingen.

Damn, wished I'd have seen this earlier and I would have arranged to meet up with you.

I shoot once a week @ BOTW mostly midweek, thus avoiding the weekend warrior clowns

Greetings!

First post just to say I'm in New Braunfels. Deitz range here is decent and has regular rifle out to 200 yards. I used to shoot silhouette there years ago to 500 meters. I have my own place now where I can shoot to 200 yards as well and a place in Cotulla that I can throw lead out past 1000 yards. I hit the ground almost every time at that distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Radar86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mostly shoot during the week too, for the same reason as Jedi. </div></div>

I know in Browsnville there is 3 Masseys Gun Range, Vinsons Gun Range, American Shooting Range. But I also believe their is 1 in Pharr, Pharr Gun Club. I don't or haven't heard of any others

Burleson Texas just south of Fort Worth. Shoot at alpine(100yrd)
and at Tac Pro. Alpine is ok for working out kinks or a quick sight in, other than that to many people. Tac Pro is a great place. If you go mid day on the weekends hardly any one there so the range is wide open. Unless a comp is scheduled then its crazy with shoots and spectators.

Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place!).

I shoot at both BOTW and ARC, but I'm about to let my ARC membership lapse and hand a large stack of cash to the BOTW folks for a lifetime membership
grin.gif
(I'll probably need the rest of my life to figure out how to hit targets beyond 600m
cry.gif
)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldCannon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pflugerville, TX (Between a Rock and a Weird Place!).

I shoot at both BOTW and ARC, but I'm about to let my ARC membership lapse and hand a large stack of cash to the BOTW folks for a lifetime membership
grin.gif
(I'll probably need the rest of my life to figure out how to hit targets beyond 600m
cry.gif
) </div></div>

I think you would be surprised to see how easy it is w/the right setup and a little mentoring. Let me know when you are heading back out to BOTW, it's just down the road from me.

Cypress, TX here. Fairfield to be exact. If there are some guys in my hood here, send me a pm, lets get together.

tomball tx checking in home of big ass chicken fried steak goodsons cafe.been hanging out at american shooters center were you can shoot out too 600yrds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Munson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cypress, TX here. Fairfield to be exact. If there are some guys in my hood here, send me a pm, lets get together. </div></div>

Dude, I live in Fairfield too. We need to hit up ASC sometimes.

Anyone want to meet up at

The 2011 LaRue Tactical Range Day this Saturday Nov. 11?

I'll be there.

Rowlett. Anybody ever want to go shoot during the week, let me know. I am off Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. After the first of the year it will be Wednesday-Friday.

San Antonio! Any local or from Austin drop me a PM and let's go shootin! I go to A Place to Shoot or Bullet Hole. I hear there's a 500 yard shoot on the first Saturday of every month near Dietz Range in New Braunfels but haven't checked that out yet. I plan to when my schedule allows. Always looking for fellow long range and AR shooters!

Hey Any lone in the DFW Metro mess want to help me put a bipod rail on my new rifle late next week or the week after that? I have lno drill press or vise or I would just do it myself. Or at the very least point me in the direction of a decent smith that won't tell me he needs my rifle for a month to do a 4hr job.

Have a .50 BMG on order (EDM Windrunner) and heard best of the west near Austin no longer allows them so I'm thinking what's the point. Any other ranges within an hour or so of Austin to shoot them? For now I'll stick with my .338 Lapua and .308. I really wanted to learn to shoot with the windrunner though. I really like the platform.

Yup, I was just about to buy a .50 then BOTW banned them. So I'm going to stick with .308 and play with some 6.5's. It's really fun hitting steel at 1000 yards from a standard mag length AR round out of the Grendel!

corpus area. does anybody know where to find a tourney schedule for south texas? i'd like to go check out a couple shoots and if i get a decent scope maybe even take part in 1.

Fort Worth now, go down to the temple/belting area once a month or so to use my dads 100yrd .17/.22 range.

abilene here, new to shooting as well, really enjoy it so far. always up for shooting, feel free to drop me line if you want to go shooting

anybody interested in heading to American Shooting Centers to the 600 yard line to play some on this up coming sunday afternoon?