• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Re: TEXAS

I'm from Sweeny about an hour south of Houston and I shoot at Greenwood Gun Club in Brazoria.

I'm looking for a shooting partner. Someone that I can take turns shooting/spotting with. I also shoot pistols and carbine and did some three gun. But I live in the spring area just north of Houston, and south of the woodlands.

If anyone is interested please email me at [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddies in Houston come to BOTW in liberty hill for long range. We have a few clubs here, Austin Rifle Club in Manor/Elgin area, and Eagle Peak in Jonestown near Lakeway.

I hear there is a 1500 yard range in Dallas, is it open yet? </div></div>

Hey, kinda new to the Austin area. I have been to BOTW a buncha times, but not the other clubs. Would you recommend the ARC for practical/tactical shoots. Would like to get into some weekend shoots. </div></div>

ARC is not a place for practical/tactical shoots unless you are attending one of the Texas Tactical 2 gun matches. The range is a bench/prone only slow-fire range otherwise.

I do recommend the Texas Tactical Matches. They take place on the first Sunday of the month at ARC. They have an 'extra' one on the 29th this month. More info at texastactical.net.

sreid, i will be at american teaching somebody to shoot on next friday, the 28th if you want to come out and join us

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bulldog308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FNG from Magnolia(Houston) here! </div></div>
i grew up in magnolia.

living in DFW for now, hoping that NETT opens up again. their court date is sometime around 1OCT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddies in Houston come to BOTW in liberty hill for long range. We have a few clubs here, Austin Rifle Club in Manor/Elgin area, and Eagle Peak in Jonestown near Lakeway.

Hey, kinda new to the Austin area. I have been to BOTW a buncha times, but not the other clubs. Would you recommend the ARC for practical/tactical shoots. Would like to get into some weekend shoots. </div></div>

ARC is not a place for practical/tactical shoots unless you are attending one of the Texas Tactical 2 gun matches. The range is a bench/prone only slow-fire range otherwise.

I do recommend the Texas Tactical Matches. They take place on the first Sunday of the month at ARC. They have an 'extra' one on the 29th this month. More info at texastactical.net.</div></div>

Awesome, will swing by to check it all out. Also a new range in Georgetown with 100 rifle, pistol and tactical bays. Going to be meeting with them soon to discuss setting up some training there.

New to the spring area. Just moved down from PA. I work offshore and my schedule is all over the place. I will be home on the 9th October for 3-4 weeks maybe less, could be more. I never know. Anyone in the area looking to shoot let me know. I'm available any day when I'm home.
John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vinson</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: killborn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GlockandRoll</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My buddies in Houston come to BOTW in liberty hill for long range. We have a few clubs here, Austin Rifle Club in Manor/Elgin area, and Eagle Peak in Jonestown near Lakeway.

I do recommend the Texas Tactical Matches. They take place on the first Sunday of the month at ARC. They have an 'extra' one on the 29th this month. More info at texastactical.net.</div></div>

Awesome, will swing by to check it all out. Also a new range in Georgetown with 100 rifle, pistol and tactical bays. Going to be meeting with them soon to discuss setting up some training there.</div></div>

Any news on the Georgetown range? What's the distance? I need a closer range and live just south of Georgetown. I do shoot at ARC but it's only 200 yards. Still nice though, hardly anybody out there most of the time. This past weekend only 1 person on the rifle range when I showed up and 1 when I left. At one point I was the only person there.

any of you houston yahoos looking to get some range time in between the 25th of october and the 5th of november?

I will most likely be at American shooting Centers on the second with a friend at the long distance side. if you have never shot there, you will have to qualify for anything over 300 (a five shot group of 2 moa in the white circle at 300)

actually Rm, you are wrong...we actually have plenty of ranges around the houston area

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">actually Rm, you are wrong...we actually have plenty of ranges around the houston area </div></div>

Other than Golden Triangle at Beaumont and down at Lake Jackson....what other ranges support 600 yd. plus shooting??

well, there is American shooting centers, out almost to katy where they have a 100, 200, 300, 400, and 600 line, along with sporting clays, and trap/skeet. there is also impact zone out in waller but they only have a 300 yard line and are more along the lines of IDPA/USPSA. There is Bayou rifles down south of Houston that has a 1000 yard line, and i believe that there is a range up near conroe that has a 1000 yard line too

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: seaaggie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well, there is American shooting centers, out almost to katy where they have a 100, 200, 300, 400, and 600 line, along with sporting clays, and trap/skeet. there is also impact zone out in waller but they only have a 300 yard line and are more along the lines of IDPA/USPSA. There is Bayou rifles down south of Houston that has a 1000 yard line, and i believe that there is a range up near conroe that has a 1000 yard line too </div></div>

That's good!

Gotta love private land owners in Texas. One friend has plowed ground I can stretch out to 1000 on, it's 15 minutes from my house. Even had a Sherrif deputy come out one day when three of us were banging steel at 600 and out. He said "well this is clearly more than ten acres". We talked for a while. Then he said "I'd sure like to hang out here with y'all, but I gotta go." He said "if I get some time later I may come back and see if one of you will let me shoot one of those rifles."

I like visiting foreign countries...I mean other states, but it would take a team of mules to drag me away from Texas permanently.

I don't remember where exactly it was, but i remember hearing about one up there. I just remember hearing somebody was building a 1k range up north of town. whether or not they did is another story

Try Carter Country off Treswhig(?) Rd.
I'm headed there tomorrow to test some loads/break in a new barrel.
relentless

I have shot in 3 matches at Spartan Tactical's range near Jacksboro. (2 3 gun and 1 IDPA) the range is a fantastic facility especially for the 3 gun matches (this is the host range for the Fallen Brethren 3 gun match) using natural terran and 7 or 8 tactical bays. I want to say that Jim told me that they have 3500 acres he even mentions some sort of long range "golf" type rifle course. I asked one of his helpers if they were open to the general public and he said that they were not currently but they hope to have some sort of open range days in the near future. They are good people and usually respond to emails. ping Jim and see what they have working. There email addresses are on their website. http://www.spartantactical.com/Contact.html

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RedSeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">San Antonio - still looking for good place to shoot

Bull hole is where I currently go</div></div>

You may wanna look into Blackhawk Shooting Range, or possibly Dietz in New Braunfels off HWY 46... Bullet hole isn't too bad. The new place off of IH-10 is really only good for pistol or 25 meter zero on a rifle.

TM

I am looking for some small matches to get my feet wet and gain some experience before entering the larger comps. Anyone have any websites or places I could look for some locations and dates.

I am in the College Station area but don't mind traveling for some fun.

Sorry it took me so long to answer.

I shoot at a private shooting lease just outside of Greenville.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TXSTDU</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am looking for some small matches to get my feet wet and gain some experience before entering the larger comps. Anyone have any websites or places I could look for some locations and dates.

I am in the College Station area but don't mind traveling for some fun. </div></div>

Texanstactical.net for idpa or carbine matches in Manor and New Braunfels.

I live in West Houston, about 10 min from ASC and I'm looking for shooting partners. I currently only have a pistol and a carbine, but in the next few months I have a Tac Ops rifle coming, so I'll be getting into the long range game. I work offshore, 3 weeks on 3 off, so my shooting schedule is a bit erratic.

Just moved out of Houston to Alabama, I miss Texas but there are alot of good folks up here. The carry laws are amazing here, it is easier to get your CC then your DL it is to funny. I met an amazing guy named Sky Watkins from Texasoutdoorsman and he said that he was building a 1000 yard out side of Houston. My wife passed away and I lost touch. I miss the texas hill country and will be back to visit soon.

Hey Gents, I am in San Antonio and in need of a good range where I can shoot further than 100 yards! Any help with a long range shooting area would be greatly appreciated!

Semper Fi!
Rick

Welcome Rick Bexar community range goes out to 200, Bullet Hole goes to 300. There was a recent bad review on the Bullet Hole but I encourage you to try it out.

Hi Phil, I have not heard of Bexar Community Range could you tell me where it is? I have not tried the Bullet Hole yet just because it is across town from me. I am in the Live Oak area!

Thanks for all the info!

Rick

another Houstonian here...

wish I could find a 1K range. All that is available is Bayou Rifles and they won't allow any more members.

Thanks for the posting but they really don't help...none are public ranges and are too far away for a day of shooting. American shooting center is just down the road but only has a range out to 600.

yea, sometimes the 600 kicks my butt but there have been plenty of times where it's no more difficult than 300.

One thing I learned a while back was that if you don't significantly push yourself, you never get significantly better....hence the 1k range. I know what I can do at 600, 1k...I have no idea.

Hey Gents, I am in San Antonio and in need of a good range where I can shoot further than 100 yards! Any help with a long range shooting area would be greatly appreciated!

Semper Fi!
Rick

My suggestion is to head north to Liberty Hill and hit up the Best of the West range. They have steel out to 1000 yards and tactical bays you can rent.

I also wanted to mention this match coming up at the Austin Gun Club: http://austingunclub.com/the-texas-mile-tactical-challenge-2/

Thanks for the nod to Libery Hill...

If anyone on here wants to take a newbie to LR shooting, hit me up... I'd love to learn. I've shot quite a bit; plinking, hunting, etc. but never purpose driven LR shooting. Would love to join someone sometime.

Thanks.

Dave

Grand Prairie here, smack dab in the middle of dfw on 30. I shoot out at Tdsa but am looking into stretching my 700's legs.