• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Thank You Snipers Hide

wnroscoe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 12, 2006
NW Louisiana
I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to Frank, the moderators and the entire membership here at Snipers Hide.

When I started building rifles for others I never knew it would work into such a steady business. A large percentage of the business comes from Snipers Hide, the members and their referrals. For this and your support I am truly thankful and humbled.

When I joined the Hide in 2006 I found it simply by chance. I was just surfing one night and found it. Over the past 20 or so years I've been shooting comps of some sort and worked as an LEO for close to 10 years. Firearms have been in my life for as long as I can remember starting off at the age of 8 or so with my dad. At this point they just feel normal and I can’t imagine my life with out them.

When I found SH it was like the Mecca of the shooting world to me. The members here knew so much in the way of shooting, reloading and general field techniques. To say the least, I was blown away. I've met some really great people here and have several new friends as a result.

Now, 4 years and over 3,700 posts later I stand here as one of you and simply say, thank you for everything that has been and all that will be.

Re: Thank You Snipers Hide

Thats a 2 way street William. You sure took care of me on the .223.

Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats a 2 way street Willaim. You sure took care of me on the .223.

Trilogymac </div></div>

Thats how I roll
grin.gif
Thanks

William built my 26yo son's 7saum, how about a 6" 3 shot group at 1 MILE! It was to be his hunting rifle now he shoots it at the 1000yd matches here in SoCal. Thanks for the FINE craftsmanship.

Thanks William for the two you built for me. It's great to deal with someone you can trust. Rachel loved her Christmas present. Weather hasn't let her shoot much.

William,

Congratulations on the continued business. I'm sure it's something you have to love.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrs66vette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William built my 26yo son's 7saum, how about a 6" 3 shot group at 1 MILE! It was to be his hunting rifle now he shoots it at the 1000yd matches here in SoCal. Thanks for the FINE craftsmanship. </div></div>

He sent me that picture in a text message a couple of weeks ago, I was blown away to say the least. Great shooting behind the rifle no doubt.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cockcroft</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks William for the two you built for me. It's great to deal with someone you can trust. Rachel loved her Christmas present. Weather hasn't let her shoot much. </div></div>

When we spoke over the phone after you were first shooting the 243AI it sounded like it was trying to do it's thing. Glad Rachel liked it, now you and her can go kick some A$$ at those pigeon matches
wink.gif

Mr Roscoe,

Wonderful words! This is an extraordinary website run with aplomb and a lot of care by professionals.

This forum is also great because of people like you who are extremely helpful and willing to share their unlimited knowledge.

I am very new to the sight and my interests are rather limited. Regardless, wherever I read it seems you always have a positive and informative input. Your personality reflected has caused me to visit your website several times.

Don't stop what you have been doing!

Wally

William has helped me out a lot. When I first got in to precision rifles not to long ago, my cocky attitude was starting to bite me in the ass. William gave me a reality check real fast and gave me advise. Now I am on my way to shooting much better than I was before.

He got my Ruger to hit 3/8" groups at 100 yards and is also building another for me as we speak. I will continue to promote his business.

Perhaps I should thank you William.

Wesley

Well it sounds like all hide members should get a 50% discount on their next build then
grin.gif
just kidding of course

People that do great work and who are honest will always do well in buisness. I'm sure that your buisness will continue to grow and grow

William,

You should receive mine and Archie's actions tomorrow. I just wanted to say thanks for answering the million (some ridiculous) questions we have had so far. We are VERY MUCH looking forward to getting them back!

Thanks again for what you have done and do,
Nathan

William,
I have not had you build me a gun, but you have been a true genleman to me. You have answered so many questions, and made things clearer to me. The fact that you were a LEO, means something to someone like me who is still in the business.

I appreciate your help. Thank You!

Jack

Thank you William. Before deer season I had William do some work on a 700 300wsm, the work he did was excellent. That freakin gun is a deer hammer. Killed 5 deer and 3 hogs with it already. Anybody looking to have a gun built or have work done on one you already have William is the man. Thanks William, Justin Mitchell

I hope to get you a little 280AI business later this year!! All that time I spent in Sherevport and you were just down teh road.

William, I plan to call you this week with questions about a potential build I'm planning...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">William, I plan to call you this week with questions about a potential build I'm planning... </div></div>

Sounds good, thanks

William, it was a pleasure to shoot next to you at the Terry Cross match. Thanks for inviting us over and taking us to the range the day before. You are a true gentleman and a talented craftsman. The attention to detail that you put into your work is unmatched by the bench-made custom builders. One day, when I have a rifle build that is unusually important to me, I intend on sending you the work.

Thanks Graham, you're more than welcome. Sorry I droped the ball on day two of the match, I'll try and do better next time
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I droped the ball on day two of the match, I'll try and do better next time
wink.gif
</div></div>LOL! You still beat me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I droped the ball on day two of the match, I'll try and do better next time
wink.gif
</div></div>LOL! You still beat me. </div></div>

I was running #6 at the end of day one. I made a brass/ammo change due to some problems with my Nosler Brass and got off on my dope by 1moa. In practice I had been nailing it at 1k with one 3.5" group. I didn’t hit squat at 1k or 800 and my 300 & 400 groups were down in the scoring rings. I dropped 300 points by the time I got it squared away
mad.gif

Oh well, that’s life in comps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wnroscoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry I droped the ball on day two of the match, I'll try and do better next time
wink.gif
</div></div>LOL! You still beat me. </div></div>

Oh well, that’s life in comps.
</div></div>

You defiantly needed to bring your A game with that crowd. Little mistakes cost big if your the only one making them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RADcustom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> You defiantly needed to bring your A game with that crowd. Little mistakes cost big if your the only one making them. </div></div>

No doubt the "A" team was in town and I brought my "Z" game

He who makes the least number of mistakes kicks all the ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks </div></div>

Typical

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SevenBat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks </div></div>

Who's your daddy?

I talked SevenBat out of one of your builds a few days ago. A 6.5x47, it hammers all the way to 1000. Impressive to say the least. I noticed in a previous post that you shoot left handed, can you recommend a 20 moa, one-piece base for a LH Rem700SA?

Thanks

not to stick my nose in un asked but i am left handed and use both Badger and DD Ross bses

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iflylow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I talked SevenBat out of one of your builds a few days ago. A 6.5x47, it hammers all the way to 1000. Impressive to say the least. I noticed in a previous post that you shoot left handed, can you recommend a 20 moa, one-piece base for a LH Rem700SA?

Thanks </div></div>

Night Force or Badger