• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks Craddock Precision and Many Fine Folks on this Forum!

Fattygabbiee

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2017
I’ve been wanting a “dream” AR15 pistol for some time. I spent a lot of time reading people's advice here and speaking with Paul from Craddock. The education was beyond valuable.

I had Sons of Liberty Gunworks build the lower and Paul Craddock from Craddock Precision build my custom upper. This is my second upper from Paul, first one was a 20” 224V Rock Creek in 1:6.7. I highly recommend him as he carries Bartlein and Rock Creek AR barrels and cuts them to any length you want, size the gas port to your liking and allow you to choose your gas system.

Note, this setup is designed for 100% suppressor use. I did a ton of research and went with a reduced gas port size that is designed for dedicated suppressor use but if you need to run without a can, full power 556 ammo will function. I am mimicking the Sionics RGP, Colt FBI HRT, Daniel Defense MK18, BRT Optimum, and other barrel manufacturers that use .070 or less for their gas port size.

With the Superlative Arms AGB, Vltor A5, and the low back pressure design of the Sandman-S, I finally have matched my KAC SR-15 16" in terms of smoothness, flat shooting and lack of recoil.

I will be conducting some additional in-depth test firing and zeroing at 50 and 100 yards next weekend but initial shots at 50 yards are good with no errors. Groups were nice but really wan't going for accuracy, just function testing. I was able to hit a 200 yard gong on my first 4 of 5 shots using Hornady Steel Match.

I slowly tuned the AGB with IMI 556 55g until it wouldn't lock back on one round. From there, the following ammo locked back at that setting: IMI 55g, IMI 77g OTM, Frontier 55g, Hornady Steel Match 55g, and Hornady 55g Varmint Express. Next time, I will use 223 Wolf Gold, FGMM 69g and 77g, Hornady TAP SBR, and Hornady T2 TAP.

Also, I have a form 1 e-file with SilencerShop's new e-forms setup with the ATF. Hoping the SBR stamp arrives in 30 to 60 days.

I owe many thanks to lots of folks here and Paul for all his patience. All I want to do is go to the range and sign-up for a ton of classes.
Fatty

Build List

• 11.5” 1:8 Bartlein barrel with a .067 gas port and a carbine +1 gas length (Paul recommends this for pistol and SBR builds as it’s smoother than a standard carbine length gas system)
  • Superlative Arms AGB
  • SLR 10.7” Solo Lite handguard
  • Sionics NP3 BCG
  • Radian Raptor-SD charging handle
  • Vltor MUR upper
  • Sons of Liberty M4 lower
  • Geissele SD-E trigger
  • Vltor A5 RE buffer tube with A5 H2 buffer
  • SB Tactical SBA3 brace
  • Dead Air Brake
  • Dead Air Sandman-S
  • Vortex Spitfire 1X Prism (first generation) – due to my astigmatism, I can’t use red dots. I love this sight and have it on my AR9 as well.
  • Streamlight Protac Railmount 2 in an Arisaka offset MLOK mount

Last edited:
Damn fine build, Craddock does impeccable work. Looking forward to hearing about your class/range results :).

It looks great. He did a similar one for me- 11.5 with extended gas and it runs amazing! Plus it shoots under an inch groups with a 1-4 NF! Mine is a Rock barrel, so yours should be even better. Paul is a great guy! I have 4 of his barrels now and debating on an 18" Bart. He has been my go to for about two years now.

Reactions: deersniper
What made you go with the bartlein barrel over something cheaper like a criterion on a pistol?

Reactions: rpoL98
Congrats OP, that is a damn fine build to be proud of!