• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thanks Dillon Precision!

turbo54

Mr. 7mm
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2010
Michigan
I've got an older than dirt 650 I bought used. It came with a spare parts kit, which I've had to break into several times. I've kept the broken springs/pieces in a baggie, so I could call Dillon with a list of new parts I needed.

As usual, they graciously fedexed me all my requested bits, extras, and also revised shellpate and primer chute/catch can.

Dillon costs more, but it is good stuff.

3rd EddieNFL
I love my Dillon XL650. I Cant say enough great things about the company and staff. I have had a few parts wear out and after a quick simple phone call everything is ordered and delivered within 3 days. In my experience the equipment is worth the extra money...

And if you want to update to the latest and greatest press, send them yours, and $75 for a "rebuild."

If you press is really old, they just replace it.

I should do this at some point. Mine is 20 years old. I don't even have the holes for grease fittings.

And if you want to update to the latest and greatest press, send them yours, and $75 for a "rebuild."

I should do this at some point. Mine is 20 years old. I don't even have the holes for grease fittings.

I told the technician my press was old, and different from my friends' new units.

They sent me all the parts to update it. New greasable crank linkages, thicker ramhead plate/Caseslider etc etc.

I actually feed kinda bad about all the free stuff...

I have been using Dillon products for over 25 years. They are great and their service is second to none. I cannot understand why anyone looking for a progressive press would not check them out.

I'm about to order a new 550. I have the $$ sitting here, a ton of handgun components to load, but I'm waiting until I have some work finished so I'm not distracted. I should just order it, because I can set it up on a Saturday, load on Sunday afternoon, then be done and waiting for the next run.

Why?

Just use the 550.
I agree. Just bought a new 550B. Takes a while getting all my dies dialed in, but looks like it's going to be a breeze. No lube needed on their carbide dies! I live a mile from them and can drop by any time if I have questions or issues. Total cost of their unit less than all the stuff I had purchased from Hornaday and much better thought out. Money very well spent and you won't ever be disappointed by their Lifetime Warranty! Great bunch to guys.

I agree. Just bought a new 550B. Takes a while getting all my dies dialed in, but looks like it's going to be a breeze. No lube needed on their carbide dies! I live a mile from them and can drop by any time if I have questions or issues. Total cost of their unit less than all the stuff I had purchased from Hornaday and much better thought out. Money very well spent and you won't ever be disappointed by their Lifetime Warranty! Great bunch to guys.

Better use lube on the bottleneck cases. They recommend it even though they are carbide.

--Daniel

Grease fittings? On a Dillon? Really? I guess mine's pretty old, too.

Getting my new 550B dialed in for reloading and had problems with the large rifle priming cup. Quick trip to Dillon 2days ago and swapped out at no charge and things have been running flawlessly since. Great product and friendly helpful customer service. I agree with the OP " Thanks Dillon"!!!!