• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Thanks Electronic Shooters Protection --

B.Bates

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2005
Palatka, Fl
I recentlly shot the Lone Star Challenge just a few weeks ago. I was lucky enough to win a stage and was rewarded with a certificate for a set of ESP ear plugs.

As a kid I had alot of ear infections had tubes twice and also blew out an ear drum down at 170ft, I have around 20% to 30% hearing loss and dont want it to get any worse, I have looked at ESP in the past but never committed.

Naturally I was excited to win these, the process was pretty simple I went to a local hearing aid store had them make me the molds and I mailed them to Jack at ESP less than 2 weeks later I recieve my ear plugs.

I am very impressed with the product, they fit great, extremely comfortable, mine are the analog model, and I am very happy with them. When I talk wearing them I know they are there, but the conversation with others is just as clear as not having them in. I am sure the digitals would be even better but for most of us the analogs will be just fine.

I shoot a lil bastard braked rifle and they do a great job at reducing the sound, if you have ever shot or been around these you know they are obnoxious.

For reference I own and use a set of the MSA Sordins and use them for casual shooting but do not like running them in a match. Living in Fl they get hot quick and I find them to get in the way getting into tight or un naturall positions plus I had them come off running during a cof, so I switched over to the surefire ear plugs a few months back, they are comfortable and work great but hearing converstion, stage briefs and instructions suck with them in. I find the sound quality to be better than the sordins, I usually run my sordins all the way up, with the ESP I am able to turn them up and pick up more distant sounds. I can see myself trying these out during hunting season, to gain an extra edge and hear deer off in the distance, plus I have been struggling with the possiblity of running a braked hunting rifle and these solve that issue.

To me the esp really solves all my problems, you get amplified sound so you can hear instructions and whats going on around you, they are comfortable and most importantly they protect your ears and hearing.

Thanks ESP for sponsoring the match and providing a great product.

Wow, I too have been looking at these as potential solutions. That said, I lose one earpiece a week roughly of the surefire EP series ones.

Mind, I'd be more careful if I owned a set of these.

Do you have any idea of the claimed db reduction?

Great product. I have had mine now for over a year and it has been the best purchase I have ever made for shooting!!

Are people mostly using the $220 mechanical ones or are people mostly using the digital ones?

Montana,

It seems alot are using the digital specifically the ESP Stealth, I have the Analogs they are $1200 less.

I've worn mine quite a bit the past few days, I have no complaints, sure I can tell the sound isnt digital, but t$1200 is a big up charge, If I were in a situation were I wore them one a daily basis either as an instructor or for those that put thier lives in harms way to protect others or other capacitys where they are going to be worn alot I would recomend getting the digital, but for the rest of us who shoot on the weekends and run a handful of matches a year, the analogs will be just fine and the extra money would be better sent on getting out and shooting.

Personally I would not want the $220 mechanical ones, sure they are going to block sound and be comfortable but you arent going to be able to hear much of what going on around you, I would save up and get the electronic version, I think you will be more happy with the purchase.

Last edited:
Thanks for the review guys. AS follow up on a few questions:
The NRR is +/-25db somewhat depending on the size of the persons ear.
The main difference between analog and digital is the quality of the sound reproduction. The noise protection is the same in all electronic models as the earplugs itself is the protection. All of the amplifiers limit their output to approximately 90db.

MONTANA - all of these folks are using the electronic models. The ESP Silencer is a very high quality solid earplug. There are no valves or filters in them.

If anyone has any questions please call me @ 303-659-8844 or email at [email protected].

Jack Homa