• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Thanks Sierra Whiskey

1-11HOG

Private
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2010
United States
This is a little bit of shameless plug for a guy who's pretty active on this forum. I recently graduated from usmc ssbs. If there's anyone on here that doesn't know like the paintballers and stuff, stalking is one of the last graded evolutions and the one most guys fail for.
Scott built me a ghille just in time for school and I have to say that had it not been for his great craftsmanship I would have been getting a lot less sleep at night there. While I was down at school we did 15 graded stalks and there wasn't a single time I had to do any ghille maintenance which was huge for study time and sleep. The ghillie scott built me was a big part of me getting the hogs tooth. Thanks man.

Re: Thanks Sierra Whiskey

Congrats on the accomplishment and thank you for the service you provide my family.
Oh and glad that you acquired the gillie from a quality vendor ,but remember, “it wasn’t the bow”

Outstanding HOG I no you kicked the shit out of that suit with a PIG roll and stalks.For me I get the most joy out building you guys a suit that I hope will last a life time.

Or like me till you get to fat your old suit want fit....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1-11HOG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a little bit of shameless plug for a guy who's pretty active on this forum. I recently graduated from usmc ssbs. If there's anyone on here that doesn't know like the paintballers and stuff, stalking is one of the last graded evolutions and the one most guys fail for.
Scott built me a ghille just in time for school and I have to say that had it not been for his great craftsmanship I would have been getting a lot less sleep at night there. While I was down at school we did 15 graded stalks and there wasn't a single time I had to do any ghille maintenance which was huge for study time and sleep. The ghillie scott built me was a big part of me getting the hogs tooth. Thanks man. </div></div>

Congratulations on the accomplishment! I've got a few pieces of his handywork laying around and your praise is well deserved SierraWhiskey is undeniably a great guy that makes top quality gear.

Congrats on graduating, 1-11HOG!

I just got back from a very tough school and was sporting a new suit by Scott for the 10 days I was there. I got tons of compliments from students and instructors alike and would like to second 1-11HOG's plug for Scott's kit.

This suit went through a "private" version of Pig-pond Torture as well as the full version at the school, 10 full stalks and everything else I could throw at it.

It was bullet-proof with the exception of one of the zipper stops coming off--an easy fix that Scott and I have discussed. Not a single stitch blew and everything else held together despite my best efforts at killing it.

My partner's suit (from a popular internet company) had several issues including a blown crotch.

If you're considering a suit, get a hold of SW. Well worth the $!