• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The 13th Warrior

Was his book... And it was all based on a bet that he could re write Beowulf and make it a bestseller. I believe his book was the 13th Warrior, but may have been changed when the movie came out. Or book was an adaptation of short story called eaters of the dead. It is a good movie! Cheers, Sirhr

Was his book... And it was all based on a bet that he could re write Beowulf and make it a bestseller. I believe his book was the 13th Warrior, but may have been changed when the movie came out. Or book was an adaptation of short story called eaters of the dead. It is a good movie! Cheers, Sirhr

I love this book and didn't know this. Thanks!

Anything Crichton wrote is worth reading... Timeline is a fun book. Prey is excellent. State of Fear is a total rip on the fake modern environmental movement.

And to go back to his early days, the book and movie Andromeda Strain is brilliant. Beyond brilliant.

BTW, the book Jurassic Park... not like the movie at all. Another indictment of the environmental movement... and bunk science.

Read them all. Enjoy the movies...

Cheers,

Sirhr

Loved the 13th Warrior - “do we have anything resembling a plan? Yes, ride til we find them, kill them all. “

Loved that movie as well. Left the theater wanting to buy a sword. Movies that make you want to buy medieval weaponry are always good.

Reactions: JG26_Irish
During the last few years of Precision Shooting, publisher Dave Brennan would occasionally salt the content with small space fillers, many of them snippets from Crichton's Eaters of the Dead.

Last edited:
Lo, there do I see my father
Lo, there do I see my mother and my sisters
and my brothers
Lo, there do I see the line of my people back
to the beginning
Lo, they do call to me
They bid me take place among them
in the Halls of Valhalla
Where the brave may live forever...

Indeed, good movie based on Eaters of the Dead.

I loved Pirate Lattitudes by Crichton, I need to delve back into his classics like The Great Train Robbery, Jurrasic Park, etc.

The Jurrasic Park book was so much better than the movie, the guns actually worked on dinosaur's not like Spielberg's ghey version. Blowing raptors up with grenade launcher was such a crazy mental image.

Reactions: Cgbaugh
"This sword is too big, I can barely lift it!"

"Get stronger!"

One of the good ones from when I was a young impressionable high school kid.
The “engineering dispute” was classic. Reminds me of some days working in the oil patch. Figuratively speaking.

Reactions: redleg1013