• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns The 1911 that I built for my son:

Firedude

Private
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2006
SD
In May, my son graduated from the United States Naval Academy. He is now a 2nd Lieutenant in the Marine Corps, and after TBS will be on his way to flight school. For one of his graduation presents, I built him a 1911. It was my first 1911 build. It is made with all Wilson Combat parts, Novak adjustable night sights, Caspian Recon receiver, engraved and Cerakoted. He was in 13th Company, thus the "Lucky 13" and clover above the ejection port. My wife and I couldn't be more proud of him. He was very surprised and happy for the 1911!

Attachments

• IMG_3754.jpg
    IMG_3754.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3749.jpg
    IMG_3749.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 139
My son got to shoot it when he came home on leave after graduation. It shot great!

When he graduates from TBS (a 6 month school that all USMC officers go through) at Quantico, I'm thinking about giving him a tanker holster and matching double mag holder from El Paso Saddlery that has USMC on it:

He wants to fly helicopters and will be going to flight school in Pensacola after TBS.

That is a wonderful piece of art. Its something to keep and pass on to future generations. I’m sure your son is very proud. Congratulations.

Reactions: Firedude
This USNA alumni is seriously impressed.

Bravo Zulu

May I suggest an additional set of presentation-quality walnut grips with the same decoration (USNA crest on one, EGA on the other) laser engraved but about half as big? Then he has one set for go and one for show.

Thank you all for the compliments. He certainly worked hard and deserved it. It was a fun but somewhat "intense" project being my first 1911 build. Fitting the frame to the slide took the longest. On all things I would take a little off, check fit, and remove more if needed. You can always take off more but you can't add metal!?

That is beautiful work. Congrats to you and your son. Sounds like a very disciplined and dedicated young man as we all hope to see in our children some day.

Reactions: Firedude