• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The 2020 Accountability Thread

I see this thread is now in the Pit with the merger of various subforums, and there does not appear to be a tag for Fitness. Am I missing something?

At my age, in my condition, running two steps can be hazardous. Seems that most of my exercises from now on need to be intellectual (good luck with that, Greg!)

What I would like to do is some real help putting the sabot into the gears of Biden's Gun Owner-Harassment Operation (GO-HO!). I'm old, getting expendable, might be some fun on the way out the back door.

I'd also like to see how to easily reconfigure AR's so they can't be outlawed.

I'd like to find some way to ease my Wife's serious discomfort (musculoskeletal).

Maybe getting out for some walks would be a good idea. Some parts of Spring and Autumn aren't bad at all. I have a really nice walking stick made from a Yucca Pole.

Finally get that project rolling in my shop where I can build stick and tissue flying Models.

There must be ten other things, but like most other septuagenarians, I tend to forget...

LOL!

Greg

Reactions: E. Bryant
I have issues. One of them is Cold Exacerbated COPD.

I can't do exercise in cold air without my lungs getting blocked up.

I spent an entire vacation in a hospital room in Las Vegas two Januaries back. When the ambulance arrived; my PO2 was in the low 80's. The sensation is flat out terrifying until they can get you on the O2. You can breathe all you want, you just can't get enough of it...

Sucked, big time...

Right now, it's too cold here to even go to the range, for me.

Sucks, big time...

Greg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: KZP
Well 2020 was kinda a bust, but I did make some headway. I only ride in the dirt or on the trainer. Getting the new trainer in October really saved me! It is nice being able to have controlled output rides, ride in the crap weather, and get long recovery rides in without going totally insane. Usually I try to get recovery rides in with the kids as were still going somewhat slow. A 2 outage outage year SUCKS. Basically kills two entire months.

To more miles next year! All rained out here, so ill get to end the year on a Zwift ride.

strava137586010836168241.jpg

Well, my 2020 has concluded with yet another knee injury and it’s off to the Sports Clinic in San Antonio Monday for an MRI and what I expect will be some form of surgery. Feels like tendon and ligaments are toast, but knee joint itself should be okay. Have been making what I felt was very good progress on bike, and a simple quick move over weekend has it on ice, in every sense of the word. Looking forward to a final resolution of long term issue, though it will be a few months in recovery from what I understand. Will be back here looking for proper motivation once assessment is complete. Happy New Year, and be safe out there on the road.

I have issues. One of them is Cold Exacerbated COPD.

I can't do exercise in cold air without my lungs getting blocked up.

I spent an entire vacation in a hospital room in Las Vegas two Januaries back. When the ambulance arrived; my PO2 was in the low 80's. The sensation is flat out terrifying until they can get you on the O2. You can breathe all you want, you just can't get enough of it...

Sucked, big time...

Right now, it's too cold here to even go to the range, for me.

Sucks, big time...

Greg

Sorry to hear of your struggles. I have (very) mild exercise-induced asthma that can leave me struggling for breath in cold weather, so I literally cannot imagine your condition. It must be hell.

That being said, find someplace warm to get in a few steps, and if that's the hallway of your house, so be it. None of us are gonna say anything negative about it...

Started the New Year with our annual New Years Day hill climb ride 21.85 miles with a shade over 2200 ft in elevation gain. We ride the same course every year with some of the hills exceeding 12% grade.