• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The .308 got new glasses today

clayne_b

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2009
Saratoga Springs, Utah
Picked up a 5-15x44 Vortex Viper HS mildot .01 mrad scope (from mscott. he is good to go!), although I really liked the 20x SS I had on it I really needed a variable magnification scope for hunting.

here are a few pictures.

1113121735a.jpg

1113121735c.jpg

1113121735b.jpg

1113121735-1.jpg

Should get to try it out tomorrow!

Re: The .308 got new glasses today

Thanks, It shoots pretty good how it is. Next on the list, Trigger and a McRees Precision chassis/stock

Hopefully a few coyotes get to look down the wrong end of it this weekend, I have my first coyote competition and will be be using this rifle.

Here is the only 5 shot group I have ever shot at 500 yards with it while testing out some reloads... It all worked out nicely!

1104121520a.jpg

steel putty... HA HA Seen a thread on a "red neck build" here on the hide and gave it a try. I actually like it quite a bit! May not look the best but it works damn good.

What is that you have on top of your cheek riser? Looks thinner than the one I have. I like yours more.

Its a thin pad, Im not sure where it comes from, The cheek riser is a friends, he let me borrow it. it was already on it

Very nice set up! Wish I had somewhere to shoot 500 yd around here, good shootin'

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, It shoots pretty good how it is. Next on the list, Trigger and a McRees Precision chassis/stock

Hopefully a few coyotes get to look down the wrong end of it this weekend, I have my first coyote competition and will be be using this rifle.

Here is the only 5 shot group I have ever shot at 500 yards with it while testing out some reloads... It all worked out nicely!

1104121520a.jpg
</div></div>Damn! At five hundred? Pretty donggonned good if you ask me.

Ill second that. Nice setup and good shooting. I always liked Vortex. I will soon be selling my Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA mill dot rifle scope. I hate to do it because it is such a nice scope but I wanted more magnification and a different reticle. I even thought about keeping it and buying a rifle for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: texasbrian66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I even thought about keeping it and buying a rifle for it. </div></div>
That is always the best solution.

Took it out and let 10 rounds fly, sighting in and getting muzzle velocity, then took at shot at 300 yards on a rock and 405 yards on a rock... both first round hits. Picked up a tall bipod and sling and buttler caps today. Its ready to go whack some coyotes!!!

1115122003.jpg

1115122005a.jpg

Over all im happy with the scope! glass seems good to me.

1115122006.jpg

This weekends coyote competition

Left Friday night, slept in a tent in the rain, made 12 stands today, heavy clouds and some rain, drove 300 miles, 80 miles on very slick dirt roads. Competition check in is at 4 tomorrow afternoon. And I am home now where it is warm and not wet inside. Still raining pretty good out side. I will bet up an hour before the sun to see if its still raining or snowing. If not...... here we go again

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: clayne_b</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This weekends coyote competition

Left Friday night, slept in a tent in the rain, made 12 stands today, heavy clouds and some rain, drove 300 miles, 80 miles on very slick dirt roads. Competition check in is at 4 tomorrow afternoon. And I am home now where it is warm and not wet inside. Still raining pretty good out side. I will bet up an hour before the sun to see if its still raining or snowing. If not...... here we go again </div></div>

so, how many dogs so far?? I competed in one last year for the first and only time, killed 6 dogs and got second place... First place team and my partner and I did not get invited back (sore loosers). It was a ton of fun and I want to do it again, but that was the only group within 200 miles of me that I know of that does them.

Sorry about your luck in the hunt, but take solice in the nice, very capable rifle and scope you're driving.

Bluegrass tactical posted a link to an LA Times article on Facebook about a yote comp in new mexico this weekend that was taking place this weekend. It has received a lot of negative attention. Too bad freaking liberals have their hand in everything. We need to start protesting their BS every chance we can!

nice rig and groups...what bolt knob or handle is that?