• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The .45 Automatic Then and Now...

oneshot onekill

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2008
DeBary, Florida
The top pistol is my Colt Model 1905. The Colt Model 1905 was the first semi-auto pistol to be chambered in what would become .45ACP. This one was made in 1907. It has 99+% of its original Factory blueing.
The bottom pistol is my newly acquired Kimber Eclipse Pro Target II. These are both Great Pistols for very different reasons. Just thought I'd share. Enjoy...
2hzkc4w.jpg

Re: The .45 Automatic Then and Now...

Man, that old Colt is absolutely stunning. I'm sure that picture doesnt do it justice, still beautiful.

Wow!!!! Where did you find the M1905? That sure is neat. I like old retro autos, especially the European models but any of JMB's designs are simply fantastic. My oldest of his fertile imagination is a Model 81/(8). The only other one similar I've seen in person was a M1900 (but caliber was 38ACP) at the MacArther memorial in VA.

Awesome picture!! There's a reason America has used the 1911 for 100yrs. Where did you find that 1905 in that good of condition?

That 1905 was in the same collection for over 60 years. I was fortunate enough to appraise the collection a few years ago. I was told to pick my favorite pistol in the collection and was able to buy it at a much reduced amount before the entire collection went to a well known auction house in Massachusetts. That 1905 was the one I chose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oneshot onekill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That 1905 was in the same collection for over 60 years. I was fortunate enough to appraise the collection a few years ago. I was told to pick my favorite pistol in the collection and was able to buy it at a much reduced amount before the entire collection went to a well known auction house in Massachusetts. That 1905 was the one I chose. </div></div>

Nothing personal, I HATE YOU!

Way cool!

neat seeing the how far it's advanced.

JMC

I'm really wondering who thought it'd be a good idea to put an adjustable sight on a compact pistol.

Awesome 1905, though. Can you shoot it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm really wondering who thought it'd be a good idea to put an adjustable sight on a compact pistol.

Awesome 1905, though. Can you shoot it? </div></div>
I haven't shot it for 2 reasons. First and foremost, I don't believe it's been shot much and I don't want to wear it out too much. Second, because I don't reload pistol rounds and the 1905 was made to shoot .45 Rimless Smokeless which is not as powerful as .45ACP. That's why many 1905's have cracked slides. Little known 1905 trivia...

Sweet Colt 1905. It's a great piece of history.

Very nice, your pair.

Here's my somewhat "'tweener," a Colt 1911. It's WWI battlefield gun.
Shipped to Britian, then to France with a U.S. Doughboy.

Colt-14.jpg

Combat effective then, still is now ...
ColtT-2.jpg

cool.gif

That 1905 was a great choice. The condition is unbelievable. Very very nice.

Steppenwolf: you gotta do a post on your collection.