• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors The AAC Adventure: 2/21 Update.

virtufauxso

Private
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
I've been lurking around here for a while, but this is my first post. Anyways, back in September the paperwork for my AAC 762SD finally came back. I should mention that this is my first can, however it is not my first NFA item. I went with the 762SD because the 762SD-N6 wasn't on the market back in march when I put the paperwork in, and I wanted a QD can that could pull double duty between my Rem 700 AAC-SD and my short barreled AR in 5.56 (10.5 inch LMT).

Well, approx 2 weeks after taking possession of my can, the teeth on the ratchet latch had worn down and no longer prevented the can from being removed from the host weapon. At this point it had been through less than 200 attachment cycles. I don't know the exact number because I wasn't keeping track of it. I sent AAC an email about the procedure for getting a can repaired, which they never responded to. I ended up calling them, and after telling them about the worn down latch, the AAC rep (who shall remain anonymous) informed me that they had a batch of latches that were not properly heat treated and that it was a known issue for cans made during a certain time frame. I was told to ship it back to them and they would replace the latch and get it back to me. A little over 2 months and several phone calls later, my can was returned with a new latch. Took a fair amount of time, but it's fixed, and that's what counts.

Or so I thought. The new latch had worn down after appox 150 attachment cycles. It had worn down in the exact same manner as the previous one, as well. So, I called AAC again, and explained the situation to the rep. They told me that it was thought that all the bad latches were removed from inventory, and to ship the can back so the latch could be replaced. I inquired about the service life of both the latch and the can when being used on a bolt action .308 with a 20 inch barrel. The rep informed me that certain members of the military have reported over 6,500 attachment cycles on cans that use the 51t ratchet mount system without issue, and that the can would last for 20,000 rounds on that barrel length/caliber combination. So I shipped the can back.

Two weeks later my can came back. Now, after the same part failing twice in a row, and AAC admitting that they have had a batch of bad latches and giving me a known (unofficial) minimum lifespan of the 51t system, I decided to actually test this latch to make sure that it was not going to fail in the same manner as the others. 75 attachment cycles later (25 cycles on 3 different mounts) the teeth of the latch were starting to wear down in the exact same manner as the previous two. Once again, I found myself calling AAC about the this problem. Except that this time, the AAC rep took a rather rude and defensive tone with me. This caught me rather off guard because I had done nothing to provoke such a response, the general idea being that if you are polite to people they are more likely to be polite to you as well. Anyways, this time I was told that the teeth rounding over and metal shavings left on the mount were perfectly normal, and that because the obvious abuse (not their words, just me sarcastically paraphrasing) of 75 attachments (1.15% of 6,500) that I subjected the can to, AAC would no longer be able to cover further repairs under warranty. I cannot quote what they said, because I do not have it written down anywhere, but it was something close of the effect of "are you trying to break it? if this is how you're going to treat it, I don't think that we'll be able to cover further repairs under warranty."

So I started asking around about this problem. Previous internet research (after the first incident) had only found one previous case of a latch wearing down in such manner. I took the can to my local SOT whom I purchased it from, and explained the situation to them. They were rather surprised by this, and one of the employees brought out their personal M4-2000 that was approx 2 years old, and, according to them, had been through at least 1,000 attachment cycles. Needless to say, the teeth on the 2K were almost perfect, only the finish had worn off of the very edge of the teeth. I also spoke to several people who use AAC silencers extensively, and they have had zero issues with theirs. They estimated an average of 35-40 attachment cycles per month on their equipment. I also confirmed that I was in fact using the correct technique to attach and detach the can from the host. It doesn't seem like it's something you could screw up, but you never know. There is a reason why the generic first tech support question is "is it plugged in / turned on?"

And to top it all off, The bore of the can does not actually align to the bore of any host that I have mounted it on. I have checked it on 4 different hosts, and on each one the can deflects in the same direction relative to itself. I also checked all 4 of the hosts with a 762SD-N6, and it aligns perfectly on all 4. The 762SD doesn't deflect enough to obstruct the path of the bullet, but it is concerning to say the least. A little surprising since AAC claims "tapered-bore EDM technology is utilized to ensure precise bore alignment". That doesn't do you much good if the internal shoulder that mates up to the mount is out of alignment. I'm starting to wonder what else might be wrong with my can.

As far as actually using the can, it is much better than unsuppressed fire. Sadly that is the only thing I have to compare it to. I've put a total of 395 rounds through it at this point.

I guess the short story is, has anyone else had this problem of the latch wearing out? And has anyone had similar customer service issues with AAC?

Sorry about the long post, and thanks for taking the time to read it, this has been a long and rather unpleasant experience.

Re: The AAC Adventure

That's the first case I have ever heard of the teeth wearing on the mount.
Is their anyway you can post a picture of whats happening , maybe explain what your doing when taking it on and off?
Not saying your causing the issue but being such an isolated case and after several repairs , process of elimination points that way

I have pictures comparing it to the M4-2000 that I mentioned, I will find a way to post them.

As far as installing and removing it, latety I have taken to holding the latch down while installing just to avoid wearing it any further. Other than that, just watch any video of a 51t ratchet mounting silencer being attached, and that is what i was doing before switching to holding the latch down. When I remove it, I depress and hold the latch until the can is clear of the mount, not just clear of the threads.

I have access to a Rockwell hardness tester, but I don't know if AAC would void my warranty (if it isn't already) because of using a testing method that is widely used and valued because it is non-destructive. That would be the quick way to find out in no uncertain terms, though.

Yea I would like to see pictures too. I run an AAC M4/2000 on several rifles to include a bolt rifle and three AR's and have not seen the issue. I have another issue where the suppressor doesn't lock up perfectly and can wiggle but only on one mount.

I was told up front that it was a good idea to hold the latch down when attaching, to avoid inevitable wear. Over 3 years with my SPR-M4 and no problems. Sounds to me like you need to get a new latch and then quit wearing it out!
smile.gif

Wow you've attached/detached the suppressor 425 times and only shot it 395? In three months?

Do you have OCD combined with overly strong Popeye forearms that are capable of rounding off latches?

Sounds to me like a perfect storm: AAC's well-known less-than-stellar attitude on the phone, combined with a customer who might be bordering on unreasonable (and I'm being kind).

My SCAR's buttstock latch is supposed to take being slammed open, but I don't do it that way if I have time, I hold the latch open and open the stock. I did this because just looking at it tells me that slamming it open is going to cause wear that can be easily avoided.

Really, you mounted and dismounted the can 425 times and you only have 325 rounds through it? This would be like me slamming my SCAR's buttstock open 20 or 30 times a day for three months then bitching when the tabs broke off the latch. I have NO love for AAC, man, but I think you're a little out of line on this.

If the literature does not state "depress the latch during installation", I don't think the OP is out of line. AAC prides themselves on building rugged repeatable gear and it doesn't sound like this system holds true to that philosophy.

I have an 18 tooth system and it locks up tighter on my mounts than a friends 51T mount.

Yeah, other than the batch of bad latches (say that 3 times fast) the only other case of this that I've heard about was a fella who admitted to a habit of sitting and absent-mindedly ratcheting his can on and off because he enjoyed the sound. I don't blame him, it does give one a good feeling to spin one on. Kinda like pulling excalibur from the stone, as it were. He was up front about it, as I recall, and AAC took care of him. That was when I learned the tidbit about holding down the latch when you spin it on. I've had my can for over 3 years, and I doubt it's been on and off as many times as the OP, though. Best thing to do might be to take the humble route (hard as it might be) and admit to over-doing it and ask for one more latch that will be preserved at all costs. Or just pay for it, worst case.

I tell all of my clients and customers to hold the latch when mounting and dismounting cans.

I have seen one can where latch wear may have been an issue. that was a special case in which the can went through an abnormal number of cycles in a very short time.

If the can's bore is not lining up with the rifle's bore, is it possible that the threads are not cut concentric to the bore?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, other than the batch of bad latches (say that 3 times fast) the only other case of this that I've heard about was a fella who admitted to a habit of sitting and absent-mindedly ratcheting his can on and off because he enjoyed the sound. I don't blame him, it does give one a good feeling to spin one on. Kinda like pulling excalibur from the stone, as it were. He was up front about it, as I recall, and AAC took care of him. That was when I learned the tidbit about holding down the latch when you spin it on. I've had my can for over 3 years, and I doubt it's been on and off as many times as the OP, though. Best thing to do might be to take the humble route (hard as it might be) and admit to over-doing it and ask for one more latch that will be preserved at all costs. Or just pay for it, worst case. </div></div>

do we know the same guy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chainring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, other than the batch of bad latches (say that 3 times fast) the only other case of this that I've heard about was a fella who admitted to a habit of sitting and absent-mindedly ratcheting his can on and off because he enjoyed the sound. I don't blame him, it does give one a good feeling to spin one on. Kinda like pulling excalibur from the stone, as it were. He was up front about it, as I recall, and AAC took care of him. That was when I learned the tidbit about holding down the latch when you spin it on. I've had my can for over 3 years, and I doubt it's been on and off as many times as the OP, though. Best thing to do might be to take the humble route (hard as it might be) and admit to over-doing it and ask for one more latch that will be preserved at all costs. Or just pay for it, worst case. </div></div>

do we know the same guy? </div></div>

I don't know him, just read about it on silencertalk or somewhere. I remembered it, though!
smile.gif

Ok, picture time.

Both M4-2000(Left)and 762SD(Right) side by side

2011-12-23_13-43-34_215.jpg

Close up of both cans, again the 2k on the left, the SD on the right.

2011-12-23_13-42-21_507.jpg

Here is the M4-2000 close up, teeth in perfect condition.

2011-12-23_13-42-49_257.jpg

Here is my 762SD close up, you can see that the leading edge of the teeth are rounding over. This is exactly what the previous two latches have done, except that the others had worn down to the point of bieng just gums, and not actual teeth, so to speak.

2011-12-23_13-43-00_606.jpg

The approx 425 attachments are spead out between 3 latches. But even 425 is still no where near 6,500 and other numbers I've heard thrown around. Besides, unlike the number of rounds put through the can, there is no limiting time frame on the latch life. I don't expect the can to withstand a 20,000 round continous burst, but I don't think the latch has a cool down time between attachments. 75 attachments in one week would put as much wear on the latch as 75 times in one year.

Besides, correct me if I'm wrong, but the farthest back that I have found examples of the 51t system was in 2007. So even if we give this system a full 5 years of being in use, 6,500 attachments equates to 3.56 cycles per day, every day. At that rate of use and the estimated point of failure being (generously) 200 cycles, this latch would take only 56 days to go from unused to completely worn down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexasGunTrustLawer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
If the can's bore is not lining up with the rifle's bore, is it possible that the threads are not cut concentric to the bore? </div></div>

No, the threads are loose enough to allow of proper alignment, it is only when the can is fully seated that it is out of alignement. There are also witness marks on one side of the shoulder that are not present on the opposite side, and they correspond with the direction of deflection.

Most people who care about their AAC suppressors end up disengaging the latch while mounting their suppressor- this of course makes mounting a lot less fast and cool, but solves this problem.

That you were able to wear one latch out in 200 cycles and another in 150, would seem to be a pretty strong indicator of the wear life of the latch as it pertains to mounting without disengaging the latch.

If the operator doesn't fixture the can properly, the EDM won't care- it cuts the program blindly- it's a machine- common sense isn't part of the EDM machine's capabilities.

That establishes the accuracy of the bore to the mount interface, now if the can loosens 1/4 notch before the ratchet teeth engage, the bore alignment will suffer also, as it would if the barrel thread was not ideal.

My empathy goes to the OP, As I have had to deal with AAC cust. service on 3 of 4 cans.

They Suck.

Honey badger, Honey badger, Honey badger.... lets see if Silvers shows up now?

We know AAC mounts suck, so if you want a QD, might want to check out other brands. However, I would not be threading it off and on that many times. If you get it fixed again and decide to keep, I'd hold the latch down for less headache in the future....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Griffin Armament</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most people who care about their AAC suppressors end up disengaging the latch while mounting their suppressor- this of course makes mounting a lot less fast and cool, but solves this problem.

That you were able to wear one latch out in 200 cycles and another in 150, would seem to be a pretty strong indicator of the wear life of the latch as it pertains to mounting without disengaging the latch.

If the operator doesn't fixture the can properly, the EDM won't care- it cuts the program blindly- it's a machine- common sense isn't part of the EDM machine's capabilities.

That establishes the accuracy of the bore to the mount interface, now if the can loosens 1/4 notch before the ratchet teeth engage, the bore alignment will suffer also, as it would if the barrel thread was not ideal. </div></div>

I guess I will just have to continue to diengage the latch when mounting. It is worn, but the portion with the worst amount of wear doen't actually contact the teeth on the mount when fully seated.

In my book the cool equipment is the stuff that does it's job and does it well, but on the plus side it is less noisy to attach that way. The teeth engage rather nicely on the 700, almost no slop or play when fully seated, its not as nice on the short barrel, but i'm not as concerned about that one.

I guess I will just have to do what I should have done all along, dedicated direct thread on for the 700, QD for the short barrel.

who else would you look at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We know AAC mounts suck, so if you want a QD, might want to check out other brands. However, I would not be threading it off and on that many times. If you get it fixed again and decide to keep, I'd hold the latch down for less headache in the future.... </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC: "TWO WEEKS"
grin.gif

</div></div>

HA!!!!!!!!!!!

The latch in our silencers is meant to hold the silencer in place and keep it from un-threading inadvertently.

OP, if you mount your silencer completely (turn it to the right until the silencer stops) and then turn it to the left WITHOUT pressing the latch. Does the silencer remove? If not the latch is doing its job.

There is no reason why you should be taking your can on and off 400 times! That is absurd.

I have had a hell of a lot more "engagement cycles" with my M4-2000, 762-SD, and N6 than 200. When you go to demo your gear or to a gun show, people want to see how stuff works. That could mean 50-60 engagement cycles per day at a gun show. I have not had a fail. Metal on metal will wear. Nothing is impervious to wear. If you have the money, fail test your gear and buy what suits you best. I am extremely hard on my gear, and thus far AAC has withstood the test of time and this dumb grunt. If it didn't, I would not sell it. Period.

It takes thousands of repetitions to build muscle memory for anything, I know I have used other pieces of my equipment much harder than this can with no ill effects what so ever. I wouldn't say that I fail test my gear, but I don't pamper it either. I do my homework and buy equipment that is designed and known to stand up to hard use. Everything that I had read, seen, and heard about AAC was that they made some exceedingly tough stuff. Unfortunately, my experience has proven otherwise.

To answer your question Mr. Mers, no the silencer does not remove without depressing the latch. However, it is considerably more worn that any other latch that I have seen(reference above pictures), and is wearing out in the same manner and at the same rate as the previous two. Also, what about the bore alignment issue?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: amatac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had a hell of a lot more "engagement cycles" with my M4-2000, 762-SD, and N6 than 200. When you go to demo your gear or to a gun show, people want to see how stuff works. That could mean 50-60 engagement cycles per day at a gun show. I have not had a fail. Metal on metal will wear. Nothing is impervious to wear. If you have the money, fail test your gear and buy what suits you best. I am extremely hard on my gear, and thus far AAC has withstood the test of time and this dumb grunt. If it didn't, I would not sell it. Period. </div></div>

+1 i've had my m4-2000 since 2009 and the latch is a little worn, with that being said the latch still engages properly. it's been off and on of multiple 10.5" sbr's for over 5k rounds. i run it fairly hard and still works perfectly

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virtufauxso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It takes thousands of repetitions to build muscle memory for anything, I know I have used other pieces of my equipment much harder than this can with no ill effects what so ever. I wouldn't say that I fail test my gear, but I don't pamper it either. I do my homework and buy equipment that is designed and known to stand up to hard use. Everything that I had read, seen, and heard about AAC was that they made some exceedingly tough stuff. Unfortunately, my experience has proven otherwise.

To answer your question Mr. Mers, no the silencer does not remove without depressing the latch. However, it is considerably more worn that any other latch that I have seen(reference above pictures), and is wearing out in the same manner and at the same rate as the previous two. Also, what about the bore alignment issue? </div></div>

Bore issue,

May i ask who threaded the barrel of your host rifle?

How does this silencer shoot? i.e. does it group?

The rifle is a Rem 700 AAC-SD, it was threaded at the factory. Other AAC silencers align perfectly on my rifle, and my 762SD does not align on any of the 4 mounts that I have tested it on. It deflects a consistent amount and in the same direction relative to the silencer on each mount.

The best groups that I have seen with the silencer attached are around .75 inchs at 100 yards, using Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr 7.62x51mm. The average groups with the silencer attached are in the 1 to 1.25 inch range, the worst being around 1.5 inches. Without the silencer this rifle/ammo combination consistently groups in the .5 to .75 inch range, with the best groups being closer to .35 inches.

All sizes are 5 shot groups of the afore mentioned ammunition type, at 100 yards. The rifle is in an AICS, and is shot off of the bipod, supported with a rear bag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">AAC: "TWO WEEKS"
grin.gif

</div></div>

They told me two weeks to re-face my Cyclone just yesterday.

I take it I should expect a longer wait?

virtufauxso, If you shooting a bipod on a hard surface it will tend to bounce, if you add the wieght of a silencer it will tend to bounce more. try and shoot it off a bag. Not saying this is the issue but might be worth a look.

I will look into it, thanks for the tip. I currently use an Atlas bipod. Primarily I am shooting off of a hard surfaces of one type or another, but I haven't noticed much bounce.

I hear and see alot of problems with AAC products. Companies do have problems with their cans, but I see AAC on the blotter most often. At least they have the glorified .300 fireball (read .300 Blackout) to fall back on and their M249 SAW and AK47 chambered in their cartridge (look at me!!!).

Anyway... I went with KAC and OPS INC... Maybe a Surefire next

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear and see alot of problems with AAC products. Companies do have problems with their cans, but I see AAC on the blotter most often. At least they have the glorified .300 fireball (read .300 Blackout) to fall back on and their M249 SAW and AK47 chambered in their cartridge (look at me!!!).

Anyway... I went with KAC and OPS INC... Maybe a Surefire next </div></div>

Why do I picture you at the computer with a barfcom tshirt on and chugging mountain dew?

How many AAC cans have YOU had that were problematic? I own several and only had one issue with one of them, they replaced it and paid for everything to be shipped. overnight.

I had an problem with an AAC can. I bought a pilot with the 1/2x20 thread pitch instead of the normal 1/2x28.It was more mine and my dealers fault. Had nothing to do with AAC. I called AAC to see what I could do. They changed my thread pitch and sent in back to me in one week.This was all free of charge. They went above and beyond for me.

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear and see alot of problems with AAC products. Companies do have problems with their cans, but I see AAC on the blotter most often. At least they have the glorified .300 fireball (read .300 Blackout) to fall back on and their M249 SAW and AK47 chambered in their cartridge (look at me!!!).

Why do I picture you at the computer with a barfcom tshirt on and chugging mountain dew?

How many AAC cans have YOU had that were problematic? I own several and only had one issue with one of them, they replaced it and paid for everything to be shipped. overnight. </div></div>

Cool story bro. Just sayin'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear and see alot of problems with AAC products. Companies do have problems with their cans, but I see AAC on the blotter most often. At least they have the glorified .300 fireball (read .300 Blackout) to fall back on and their M249 SAW and AK47 chambered in their cartridge (look at me!!!).

How many AAC cans have YOU had that were problematic? I own several and only had one issue with one of them, they replaced it and paid for everything to be shipped. overnight. </div></div>

Cool story bro. Just sayin'. </div></div>

Good post BRO. Just sayin'

My post was not a story, unlike yours. It was full of facts in which you have not answered any of them because you cannot do so. You are not an expert on AAC products because you read it somewhere....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hear and see alot of problems with AAC products. Companies do have problems with their cans, but I see AAC on the blotter most often. At least they have the glorified .300 fireball (read .300 Blackout) to fall back on and their M249 SAW and AK47 chambered in their cartridge (look at me!!!).

Cool story bro. Just sayin'. </div></div>

Good post BRO. Just sayin'

My post was not a story, unlike yours. It was full of facts in which you have not answered any of them because you cannot do so. You are not an expert on AAC products because you read it somewhere.... </div></div>

<span style="font-weight: bold">Okay. Have fun with that</span>

Waiting on my first can. Can't wait to get my 762-sdn-6! Was told the first wait is the worst. Heard they were reliable. My dealer had demoed a few AAC cans for me and they been through the ringer before I even handled them. They still mounted up like new. AAC seems to make solid products from the little time I was exposed to them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who else would you look at?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 346ci</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We know AAC mounts suck, so if you want a QD, might want to check out other brands. However, I would not be threading it off and on that many times. If you get it fixed again and decide to keep, I'd hold the latch down for less headache in the future.... </div></div> </div></div>

Gemtech, YHM, SWR, SRT, etc. Do you think AAC is the only game in town???

And yes I own a AAC can, my first and last. Going with a 30P-1 next...

dangedan87

I am having a BLAST, because you can type all day but just can't back it up with any hard evidence. If you're going to profess claims that AAC is full of problems better come with some evidence. Do they have some small issues? Yes, all manufacturers will face them from time to time. It is inevitable.

Ahhhhh the internet makes everyone a professional, I forgot. Carry on with your wisdom, Dan.

Ok, Im waiting on my paper work to come back for my first can! Its a AAC cyclone and im excited, but you guys are killing my hopes and dreams here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dangedan87

I am having a BLAST, because you can type all day but just can't back it up with any hard evidence. If you're going to profess claims that AAC is full of problems better come with some evidence. Do they have some small issues? Yes, all manufacturers will face them from time to time. It is inevitable.

Ahhhhh the internet makes everyone a professional, I forgot. Carry on with your wisdom, Dan. </div></div>

Hmmm....I never said AAC was full of problems....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, Im waiting on my paper work to come back for my first can! Its a AAC cyclone and im excited, but you guys are killing my hopes and dreams here. </div></div>

The Cyclone is a good can. Don't worry about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dangedan87</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dangedan87

Ahhhhh the internet makes everyone a professional, I forgot. Carry on with your wisdom, Dan. </div></div>

Hmmm....I never said AAC was full of problems.... </div></div>

You said " I hear and see a lot of problem with AAC products"

Explain those problems, from your personal experience please......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: country888</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok, Im waiting on my paper work to come back for my first can! Its a AAC cyclone and im excited, but you guys are killing my hopes and dreams here.</div></div>

Cyclone kicks ass I have one, and have a SDN-6 waiting on stamp. Don't worry AAC is good stuff!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virtufauxso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle is a Rem 700 AAC-SD, it was threaded at the factory. Other AAC silencers align perfectly on my rifle, and my 762SD does not align on any of the 4 mounts that I have tested it on. It deflects a consistent amount and in the same direction relative to the silencer on each mount.

The best groups that I have seen with the silencer attached are around .75 inchs at 100 yards, using Federal Gold Medal Match 175gr 7.62x51mm. The average groups with the silencer attached are in the 1 to 1.25 inch range, the worst being around 1.5 inches. Without the silencer this rifle/ammo combination consistently groups in the .5 to .75 inch range, with the best groups being closer to .35 inches.

All sizes are 5 shot groups of the afore mentioned ammunition type, at 100 yards. The rifle is in an AICS, and is shot off of the bipod, supported with a rear bag. </div></div>

Something is up. I know this silencer has been here twice but I did not have R&D check for a bore issue.

Can you send your rifle and silencer to us? I can send you a UPS label to cover shipping back to the shop.

The Cyclone and 762SD-N6 are great suppressors. The Cyclone is one of the quietest 30cal cans I have ever heard. I have both and use the Cyclone quit a bit

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1_ar_newbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: virtufauxso</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The rifle is a Rem 700 AAC-SD, it was threaded at the factory. Other AAC silencers align perfectly on my rifle, and my 762SD does not align on any of the 4 mounts that I have tested it on. It deflects a consistent amount and in the same direction relative to the silencer on each mount.

All sizes are 5 shot groups of the afore mentioned ammunition type, at 100 yards. The rifle is in an AICS, and is shot off of the bipod, supported with a rear bag. </div></div>

Something is up. I know this silencer has been here twice but I did not have R&D check for a bore issue.

Can you send your rifle and silencer to us? I can send you a UPS label to cover shipping back to the shop.

</div></div>

Way to step up Mike.

I have nothing but good things to say about my AAC products. I can't attest to their customer service......I've never needed it.

That being said, 400 on off cycles in a few months is ridiculous. I've had cans for years that I've not taken on and off half that much and I shoot a lot and almost always suppressed.

That's like 10/15 times a day for no reason while you owned it.

In all fairness a product like AACs should last longer but still, that's obsessive.