• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AICS is finaly coming for that savage model 10

Re: The AICS is finaly coming for that savage mode

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I touched a real live Savage AICS. Alas I forgot to ask for a delivery date. </div></div>

Pictures or it never happened!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CL1KKL4C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unfortunately no pics.. I showed my buddy the website one night and he ordered one the next day.

It looks like the chassis on the main page just with a magpul PRS on it. www.xlrindustries.com

He said the company was great to work with (Kyle) I think is what he said his name was, stayed in contact the whole time and pushed it out in about 4 weeks I believe. He also machined it to accept both lefty and righty actions seeing as my buddy is a lefty shooting righty he just wanted to be prepaired if he ever got a left handed action.

Next time we get together I'll snag a couple photos of it. </div></div>

Thanks for posting that link. I've been searching all over and couldn't find exactly what I wanted for my stevens/savage...now I haz found it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I touched a real live Savage AICS. Alas I forgot to ask for a delivery date. </div></div>

i wonder it its the same one they had last year. this years shot marks one year since it showed up at last years shot. thats one and do we know if its functional? or just a glued in action or mock up? just curious.

83a829c3.jpg

ok two things. looking at the action and bolt release on that model makes me happy. looking at the stock it appears to be a 2.0 which is a folder. i dont know much about AI products so correct me if im wrong.

AI said they would not be making it in the 2.0 version in an earlier press release. but even the first model at previous SHOT show was in a 2.0 stock

IMG_0987.jpg

im just curious. its been a year. another company already had a working version in production. i once saw a guy take an airsoft AICS and modify it to fit his 10/22 successfully. it just makes me wonder if they arent trolling for interest before actual production begins

Back up top. Stacey any word on when the production will get started? Inquiring minds want to know. Did anyone see one at shot this year?

nice digging bird dog, you truly live up to your handle. i did send a PM to Stacey. never got a reply. never sent a second one.

Hopefully if we keep it up Stacey will get tired of seeing it and get these into production.

Any updates/news on the availability of a Savage AICS?

I called Derrick bartlett from AI last month, and was given a very generic answer. He said that AI was going to make the chassis for the Savage 110/10 sometime this year. That is all that was said, so don't hold your breath.

As for Alberta Tactical, they did quit making the AI type stock at the request of AI. The owner stated that they have no chassis's in house, and there machinist took all of the diagrams, so they will not make them. I had a Alberta AI chassis on my savage that was stolen when I was deployed, I've been so bummed about the whole AI chassis situation. There is more than enough interest from us Savage owners, just wish we could get a yes or no! I've been waiting to buy a chassis for over 2 years now.

If there was a chassis to suit a Savage in AICS skins, what would you blokes prefer, a v-block mounting setup that you could just drop the action into or a semi-finished radiused bedding block that you could then bed with epoxy?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gregt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there was a chassis to suit a Savage in AICS skins, what would you blokes prefer, a v-block mounting setup that you could just drop the action into or a semi-finished radiused bedding block that you could then bed with epoxy?</div></div>

Bedding block, unless the v-block could be bedded.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: memilanuk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope... looks like unicorns still ain't real.
laugh.gif
</div></div>
cry.gif

Nnooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

FWIW (if anyone is listening), I'd be interested in an AICS for a newer model Savage LA.

Move on, nothing to see here but whisps of unobtainium.

Sounds like AI is blowing smoke about a chasis for a Savage

Shot Show 2010... Means we will see it several years later. I hate it when manufacturers create interest in a new product and then can't bring it to market in a timely manner....

Ya know... it wouldn't be quite so dicked up if AI hadn't put pressure on Alberta Tactical to *stop* making a Savage AI clone - and then blatantly reneged on making one themselves. AI obviously don't want to supply the market, but they don't want anyone else to either. Nice.

Re: The AICS is finaly coming for that savage model 10

We have a short action Savage AICS in test now and ready for production. We will soon be providing prices our distributors and the production models will be available in 6 months.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a short action Savage AICS in test now and ready for production. We will soon be providing prices our distributors and the production models will be available in 6 months.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International </div></div>

I will believe that when it actually happens. You announced the chassis in 2010 and it still isn't here. So it will be 2015 before this this one actually shows up?

You can't even get the chassis you have now.
I had a AX chassis on order for 4 1/2 months and never recieved it and cancelled the order. Ended up going with an CCS chassis. I have talked to atleast 8 other people that are having the same problem.

KT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomirwin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have a short action Savage AICS in test now and ready for production. We will soon be providing prices our distributors and the production models will be available in 6 months.

Tom Irwin

Sorry, had your chance. Too many politics on your end, and booting someone else out that was willing. I will just stick with my Manners.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KBT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will believe that when it actually happens. </div></div>

To me, it don't even matter anymore...

DK

I'm still interested... I had an AICS 1.5 on a custom rifle before, and liked it very much. I'm just very, very skeptical at this point due to the history so far. If it comes out... well, we'll see.

How many of these were made for Savage SA?

Tom Irwin

Tom is this really going to happen or is it just more smoke and mirrors?
If it is happening i am still interested.....One question are you going to make it for both s/a bolt spacings like alberta tactical did...this would be great....One chassis to fit 4.275 and 4.400...

Tom,

Thank you for the update on your forthcoming product; I too am interested in getting one for my 10FP. I'd like to think AI understand the doubts many here have about AI *finally* introducing this product; AI had one at SHOT 2010 and said they would be available Q1'10 and here we are 2 years later being told "They really are coming, just wait 6 more months".

Combine that with the stories of AI leaning on 'little guy' Alberta Tactical to stop making their Savage chassis, leaving a void in the market that AI obviously was in no hurry to fill, and I'm sure you can understand why folks are skeptical, if not outright jaded.

Can you post any pictures that actually PROVE to us disbelievers that these are real and not just vaporware?

It's a conspiracy. Stacey Blankenship and Company are requiring me to purchase an AI because they will not make an AI chassis system to fit FN SPRs.

I'm on to you, Stacey!

Your Jedi mind tricks are quite strong!

I may have to reassess my stubbornness.

But I actually LIKE my A3G, dammit to Hades!

$3500 you say?

Let me ponder it a bit.

BoilerUP,
We had planned for the introduction of a Savage AICS sooner. At the same time we had to ensure the AX series of rifles and AX AICS entered production and were running smoothly and this took longer than planned. In 2011 the PSR activity really kicked in. We still progressed the Savage AICS but at a slower pace. We now will be starting a low rate production run with units produced in the UK followed by USA production.
As far as AI leaning on the "little guy", we did not stop them making a Savage chassis, we stopped them copying an AI chassis.
Regards,
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Blah, blah, blah, as usual just talk from AI!!! I've been listening to the "it's almost ready for years ". I cannot stand a company that feels the need to string it's customers along. I'll believe it when I see it!

Tom,

Nearly 3 months have passed...are we still "just" 3 months from the Savage AICS from hitting the market?

Thanks for any updates/info you can provide!

Need clarification; Is this a complete DBM system or AICS mags that fit a savage 10?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hogrider2003flht</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Need clarification; Is this a complete DBM system or AICS mags that fit a savage 10? </div></div>

They're talking about a full rifle chassis comparable to the chassis offered for Remington 700's. It will replace your entire rifle stock and give you the ability to use AICS mags.

What can the AICS do that an XLR or McRee doesn't to justify the price difference?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dirty D</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What can the AICS do that an XLR or McRee doesn't to justify the price difference? </div></div>

Durability. The AI chassis is based on a combat proven design. The others?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Durability. The AI chassis is based on a combat proven design. The others?</div></div>

Wow, I didn't know that chassis failure had become an issue for sniper rifles.