sphurgeis1.jpg

Last edited:

MSTN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2010
MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
MSTN.BIZ
A new .300 BLK build utilizing a V Seven 10.25" SS barrel with proper feed ramps for this caliber (a rarity for some reason). JP FMOS bolt carrier group riding as smoothly as can be inside the STT-15L receiver set. Geissele 9.5" MK14 rail and ACH charging handle. TriggerTech Competition 3.5 LB trigger on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD magazine release and stainless Ionbond DLC coated push pins. STT bolt release. BCM MK2 recoil system with H0 buffer, secured in place by the novel design Fortis K2 receiver end plate and castle nut. SB Tactical pistol brace. OSS/HUXWRX flash hider (substitutions available). Magpul K2 pistol grip. Lance translucent .300 BLK magazine. Aimpoint T-2 with 39mm QD mount.

IMG_2793.jpeg
IMG_2796.jpeg
IMG_2797.jpeg
IMG_2799.jpeg

Last edited:

FuhQ

Unreconstructed
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2013
    Your Wife's Pussy
    Forgot I had won this Rifles Only/Dead Air HAD suppressor cover back in like 2020… Found it in the safe today and decided to fit it on my Sandman-S on my 10” .300 BLK just to protect [what’s left of] the finish. Not my ideal color, but it was free, so…

But it still looks pretty good in there, IMO.

35D20909-3E28-4697-BAB5-24ABD2163471.jpeg
    CDD18F3D-3A7B-4E32-B29B-52F71EA2F9EA.jpeg

Da Jimmer

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 2, 2020
    evidently, you didn't go blind. but do you have hairy palms? :ROFLMAO:
    I worked with a guy once who, when he heard that, looked down at his hands… then looks back up at us and says “I don’t think that is true…”. He was looking very bewildered… 🤦🏻‍♂️

• Haha
    Reactions: rpoL98

Tiribulus

Private
    Minuteman
    Mar 30, 2021
    Michigan
    Last edited:
    Reactions: Sigmanx

jpop8807

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
  • Nov 16, 2022
    Pueblo, CO
    BCM 14.5" SOCOM, Aimpoint Pro in a QRP2 with SDK 1.93" riser.

Colt 6940 cut and pinned to 14.5" by Adco, NF NXS 2.5-10x42mm and a 1.54" 0moa Badger Ordinance mount.

Waiting for funds to recharge before I add an offset T2 to the 6940 and probably a Magpul bipod. Any one have better bipod recommendations for a shorty SPR?

View attachment 7997897
    Not sure why but I love those magpul rail covers. I got a fn military collector m4 and it had the knights armament covers and they made the girl a bit too thick.

drglock

Yote slayer
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Jan 13, 2012
    Morrison,Oklahoma
    Ordered a CLE Douglas 18” rifle length gas. Though it’ll be a month or so before I get it. Thought it be a good time for a new coat of Kyrlon. Gun is mostly used for coyote hunting and popping steel.

Noveske matched upper and lower, JP hand guard and Triggertech 2 stage, USO T12. For a $300 scope it does a pretty good job.
    F718B347-0D59-4EA3-BB25-200FF4FA7D77.jpeg

MSTN

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 31, 2010
    MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
    MSTN.BIZ
    Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.
    IMG_2867.jpeg
    IMG_2868.jpeg
    IMG_2870.jpeg
    IMG_2872.jpeg
    IMG_2874.jpeg

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2020
    Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.View attachment 8018291View attachment 8018292View attachment 8018293View attachment 8018294View attachment 8018295
    Very cool. Do you have those Vltor A5s on hand? I haven't been able to find any in stock.

Do you do the pin/weld in house?

It's awesome to see the possibilities with the AR platform in you posts.

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 10, 2017
    Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.View attachment 8018291View attachment 8018292View attachment 8018293View attachment 8018294View attachment 8018295

Interesting to see the nod to the old KAC QD Cup lower and I like that castle nut design.

MSTN

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 31, 2010
    MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
    MSTN.BIZ
    I send my pin and weld jobs to master 1911 pistol smith Matt McLearn. His TIG work is unapproachable.

I keep a supply of Vltor A5's on hand, yes. I also use the BCM MK2 recoil system.

The Fortis K1/K2 castle nut design is really a giant upgrade.

PBWalsh

Preston Walsh Fitness
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Feb 10, 2017
    Central AL
    How do you like the VCOG? Any issues not being able to dial elevation?

I send my pin and weld jobs to master 1911 pistol smith Matt McLearn. His TIG work is unapproachable.

I keep a supply of Vltor A5's on hand, yes. I also use the BCM MK2 recoil system.

Tell me more about the Fortis. How is it such as upgrade?

Reactions: MSTN

168BTHPM

Werepig
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
  • Mar 1, 2008
    Nevada
    How do you like the VCOG? Any issues not being able to dial elevation?

Tell me more about the Fortis. How is it such as upgrade?
    I do like the VCOG. I have only hade that gun to the range three times and only put to 300 yards. If the weather lets up here I will take it to another range and try longer distances. So far no issues.

Reactions: Naaman and PBWalsh

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2020
    I do like the VCOG. I have only hade that gun to the range three times and only put to 300 yards. If the weather lets up here I will take it to another range and try longer distances. So far no issues.
    I'd be interested to hear your experiences on it. Trying to narrow down between ATACR, VCOG, or a March (VCOG currently winning but mainly because of street price).

Reactions: 168BTHPM

Naaman

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 13, 2020

Is Matt McLearn local? The map on the website says OH, but I see a 928 area code on his phone number.

MSTN

Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 31, 2010
    MIDDLE OF ARIZONA
    MSTN.BIZ
    The castle nut on the Fortis K1 is tapered and only requires 25 FT LB to be secured to the corresponding receiver end plate. The K2 version goes even further with the addition of a locking lever on the receiver end plate that seats into corresponding slots in the castle nut.

Matt McLearn used to live here in Payson AZ, (928 area code) but regrettably moved to Ohio a few years back. I still send all P&W work to him.

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 10, 2017
    AZ to OH, man did he get that backwards lol.

Reactions: MSTN

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    SR15 CQB owners.. are they worth it or are they worth it?
    Damn I want one!
    Have one inbound. I’ll let ya know😉
    In all seriousness. I think they perform as well as anything else on the market and for those of us that have a thing for KAC, that makes it worth it.
    I do have one that may perform better tho, we’ll see. LMT MRP-L 11.5” Proof Carbon. Have yet to shoot it but I’ll do some comparisons for sure.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 10, 2017
    SR15 CQB owners.. are they worth it or are they worth it?
    Damn I want one!

If you like knowing that you have the best, most Gucci rifle out there then yes. LMT and a few others I would list as equally as good for all intents and purposes, just slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

Have one inbound. I’ll let ya know😉
    In all seriousness. I think they perform as well as anything else on the market and for those of us that have a thing for KAC, that makes it worth it.
    I do have one that may perform better tho, we’ll see. LMT MRP-L 11.5” Proof Carbon. Have yet to shoot it but I’ll do some comparisons for sure.

LMT is no better, just different and always heavier. My DI LMT rifles have always been slightly over-gassed which is a good thing for reliability but not as much fun when shooting suppressed. The carbon barrel is a nice add and sheds a few ounces but I don't find it to be any more accurate than the factory barrel. I have a Proof Carbon 14.5" middy for one of my LMT's.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    If you like knowing that you have the best, most Gucci rifle out there then yes. LMT and a few others I would list as equally as good for all intents and purposes, just slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

LMT is no better, just different and always heavier. My DI LMT rifles have always been slightly over-gassed which is a good thing for reliability but not as much fun when shooting suppressed. The carbon barrel is a nice add and sheds a few ounces but I don't find it to be any more accurate than the factory barrel. I have a Proof Carbon 14.5" middy for one of my LMT's.
    I have no dilutions that KAC is any better than LMT or any other higher end manufacturer.
    Depending on your definition of a few ounces, I may disagree with you there. I have 2 LMT’s that I’ve done with Proof carbon barrels and my experience has been really good. Specifically I saved a pound on an MWS.
    I decided to use Superlative arms gas blocks with these and on function testing results were very good suppressed and unsuppressed.

Reactions: tex68w

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Supporter+
    Mar 10, 2017
    I have no dilutions that KAC is any better than LMT or any other higher end manufacturer.
    Depending on your definition of a few ounces, I may disagree with you there. I have 2 LMT’s that I’ve done with Proof carbon barrels and my experience has been really good. Specifically I saved a pound on an MWS.
    I decided to use Superlative arms gas blocks with these and on function testing results were very good suppressed and unsuppressed.

I weighed the 14.5" middy LMT barrel and the 14.5" Proof middy barrel and they were a mere 5.5oz different, a 1/3lb savings. I am not arguing that's not a valuable weight loss because it is, but a savings of pounds it isn't. I am currently moving that Proof Carbon barrel over to the MRP-L MLOK upper (once I get one home) in order to shave a few more ounces as well because ounces equal pounds mentality but at best I'll save a pound in total with the move to the MLOK upper, Proof Carbon barrel and a slightly lighter optic setup. My main goal isn't weight in general but simply a better balance with less of a weight forward bias like it had with the quad rail upper, LMT barrel and heavy optic.

I think the finish on the KAC and LMT are comparable and they shoot equally as well as the next (sub MOA), but the KAC rifle stock for stock is lighter and that's just due to the nature of the monolithic upper and barrel mating design of the LMT. Now on a large frame MWS I could see how you might save half a pound or even more with the carbon barrel but we were discussing the MRP-L 556 platform, not the MWS.

mrtoyz

Armchair Commando
    Minuteman
    Jul 11, 2009
    Western WA
    I weighed the 14.5" middy LMT barrel and the 14.5" Proof middy barrel and they were a mere 5.5oz different, a 1/3lb savings. I am not arguing that's not a valuable weight loss because it is, but a savings of pounds it isn't. I am currently moving that Proof Carbon barrel over to the MRP-L MLOK upper (once I get one home) in order to shave a few more ounces as well because ounces equal pounds mentality but at best I'll save a pound in total with the move to the MLOK upper, Proof Carbon barrel and a slightly lighter optic setup. My main goal isn't weight in general but simply a better balance with less of a weight forward bias like it had with the quad rail upper, LMT barrel and heavy optic.

I think the finish on the KAC and LMT are comparable and they shoot equally as well as the next (sub MOA), but the KAC rifle stock for stock is lighter and that's just due to the nature of the monolithic upper and barrel mating design of the LMT. Now on a large frame MWS I could see how you might save half a pound or even more with the carbon barrel but we were discussing the MRP-L 556 platform, not the MWS.
    Point taken.
    I have an MLR upper with a 16 that I’m planning on changing out to a 14.5” Proof when I can find one. That will save 10oz. Worth it IMO.
    You make a good point about balance. Much improved in both mine so far.

Reactions: Sigmanx and tex68w

Sigmanx

Private
    Minuteman
    May 20, 2022
    Pennsylvania
    About 2,000 rounds of India special green tip, PMC 5.56, and 77grain TMK down the pipe with out issue so far on the LMT SpecWar. The VLTOR A5, e-BCG, and mid length gas is a winning combo in my book. Going to play with a Geissele Super42 next range day.
    View attachment 8021987
    I’ve been contemplating swapping my carbine Buffer tube over to the A5 setup on my AR15 carbine and pistol. I have the RE-10/A5SR for my AR308 build I’m doing.