• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The AR15 Picture Thread

Ordered a CLE Douglas 18” rifle length gas. Though it’ll be a month or so before I get it. Thought it be a good time for a new coat of Kyrlon. Gun is mostly used for coyote hunting and popping steel.

Noveske matched upper and lower, JP hand guard and Triggertech 2 stage, USO T12. For a $300 scope it does a pretty good job.
F718B347-0D59-4EA3-BB25-200FF4FA7D77.jpeg

Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.
IMG_2867.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2874.jpeg

Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.View attachment 8018291View attachment 8018292View attachment 8018293View attachment 8018294View attachment 8018295
Very cool. Do you have those Vltor A5s on hand? I haven't been able to find any in stock.

Do you do the pin/weld in house?

It's awesome to see the possibilities with the AR platform in you posts.

Another hard use blaster: SanTan Tactical STT-15 hybrid billet receiver set. Noveske HFCL 14.5" Afghan barrel with pinned and welded Surefire WarComp. Geissele 13.5" MK16 rail. Geissele ACH charging handle. JP Full mass operations system ("FMOS") bolt carrier group. TriggerTech Competition trigger (3.5 LB) on V Seven titanium fire control pins. DHD push pins and ambitious safety. Vltor A5 recoil system. Fortis K2 receiver end plate and locking castle nut. Magpul plastic. Cerakote color - Accuracy Int'l Dark Earth.View attachment 8018291View attachment 8018292View attachment 8018293View attachment 8018294View attachment 8018295

Interesting to see the nod to the old KAC QD Cup lower and I like that castle nut design.

I send my pin and weld jobs to master 1911 pistol smith Matt McLearn. His TIG work is unapproachable.

I keep a supply of Vltor A5's on hand, yes. I also use the BCM MK2 recoil system.

The Fortis K1/K2 castle nut design is really a giant upgrade.

How do you like the VCOG? Any issues not being able to dial elevation?

I send my pin and weld jobs to master 1911 pistol smith Matt McLearn. His TIG work is unapproachable.

I keep a supply of Vltor A5's on hand, yes. I also use the BCM MK2 recoil system.

Tell me more about the Fortis. How is it such as upgrade?

Reactions: MSTN
How do you like the VCOG? Any issues not being able to dial elevation?

Tell me more about the Fortis. How is it such as upgrade?
I do like the VCOG. I have only hade that gun to the range three times and only put to 300 yards. If the weather lets up here I will take it to another range and try longer distances. So far no issues.

Reactions: Naaman and PBWalsh
I do like the VCOG. I have only hade that gun to the range three times and only put to 300 yards. If the weather lets up here I will take it to another range and try longer distances. So far no issues.
I'd be interested to hear your experiences on it. Trying to narrow down between ATACR, VCOG, or a March (VCOG currently winning but mainly because of street price).

Reactions: 168BTHPM

Is Matt McLearn local? The map on the website says OH, but I see a 928 area code on his phone number.

The castle nut on the Fortis K1 is tapered and only requires 25 FT LB to be secured to the corresponding receiver end plate. The K2 version goes even further with the addition of a locking lever on the receiver end plate that seats into corresponding slots in the castle nut.

Matt McLearn used to live here in Payson AZ, (928 area code) but regrettably moved to Ohio a few years back. I still send all P&W work to him.

SR15 CQB owners.. are they worth it or are they worth it?
Damn I want one!
Have one inbound. I’ll let ya know😉
In all seriousness. I think they perform as well as anything else on the market and for those of us that have a thing for KAC, that makes it worth it.
I do have one that may perform better tho, we’ll see. LMT MRP-L 11.5” Proof Carbon. Have yet to shoot it but I’ll do some comparisons for sure.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
SR15 CQB owners.. are they worth it or are they worth it?
Damn I want one!

If you like knowing that you have the best, most Gucci rifle out there then yes. LMT and a few others I would list as equally as good for all intents and purposes, just slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

Have one inbound. I’ll let ya know😉
In all seriousness. I think they perform as well as anything else on the market and for those of us that have a thing for KAC, that makes it worth it.
I do have one that may perform better tho, we’ll see. LMT MRP-L 11.5” Proof Carbon. Have yet to shoot it but I’ll do some comparisons for sure.

LMT is no better, just different and always heavier. My DI LMT rifles have always been slightly over-gassed which is a good thing for reliability but not as much fun when shooting suppressed. The carbon barrel is a nice add and sheds a few ounces but I don't find it to be any more accurate than the factory barrel. I have a Proof Carbon 14.5" middy for one of my LMT's.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
If you like knowing that you have the best, most Gucci rifle out there then yes. LMT and a few others I would list as equally as good for all intents and purposes, just slightly different strengths and weaknesses.

LMT is no better, just different and always heavier. My DI LMT rifles have always been slightly over-gassed which is a good thing for reliability but not as much fun when shooting suppressed. The carbon barrel is a nice add and sheds a few ounces but I don't find it to be any more accurate than the factory barrel. I have a Proof Carbon 14.5" middy for one of my LMT's.
I have no dilutions that KAC is any better than LMT or any other higher end manufacturer.
Depending on your definition of a few ounces, I may disagree with you there. I have 2 LMT’s that I’ve done with Proof carbon barrels and my experience has been really good. Specifically I saved a pound on an MWS.
I decided to use Superlative arms gas blocks with these and on function testing results were very good suppressed and unsuppressed.

Reactions: tex68w
I have no dilutions that KAC is any better than LMT or any other higher end manufacturer.
Depending on your definition of a few ounces, I may disagree with you there. I have 2 LMT’s that I’ve done with Proof carbon barrels and my experience has been really good. Specifically I saved a pound on an MWS.
I decided to use Superlative arms gas blocks with these and on function testing results were very good suppressed and unsuppressed.

I weighed the 14.5" middy LMT barrel and the 14.5" Proof middy barrel and they were a mere 5.5oz different, a 1/3lb savings. I am not arguing that's not a valuable weight loss because it is, but a savings of pounds it isn't. I am currently moving that Proof Carbon barrel over to the MRP-L MLOK upper (once I get one home) in order to shave a few more ounces as well because ounces equal pounds mentality but at best I'll save a pound in total with the move to the MLOK upper, Proof Carbon barrel and a slightly lighter optic setup. My main goal isn't weight in general but simply a better balance with less of a weight forward bias like it had with the quad rail upper, LMT barrel and heavy optic.

I think the finish on the KAC and LMT are comparable and they shoot equally as well as the next (sub MOA), but the KAC rifle stock for stock is lighter and that's just due to the nature of the monolithic upper and barrel mating design of the LMT. Now on a large frame MWS I could see how you might save half a pound or even more with the carbon barrel but we were discussing the MRP-L 556 platform, not the MWS.

I weighed the 14.5" middy LMT barrel and the 14.5" Proof middy barrel and they were a mere 5.5oz different, a 1/3lb savings. I am not arguing that's not a valuable weight loss because it is, but a savings of pounds it isn't. I am currently moving that Proof Carbon barrel over to the MRP-L MLOK upper (once I get one home) in order to shave a few more ounces as well because ounces equal pounds mentality but at best I'll save a pound in total with the move to the MLOK upper, Proof Carbon barrel and a slightly lighter optic setup. My main goal isn't weight in general but simply a better balance with less of a weight forward bias like it had with the quad rail upper, LMT barrel and heavy optic.

I think the finish on the KAC and LMT are comparable and they shoot equally as well as the next (sub MOA), but the KAC rifle stock for stock is lighter and that's just due to the nature of the monolithic upper and barrel mating design of the LMT. Now on a large frame MWS I could see how you might save half a pound or even more with the carbon barrel but we were discussing the MRP-L 556 platform, not the MWS.
Point taken.
I have an MLR upper with a 16 that I’m planning on changing out to a 14.5” Proof when I can find one. That will save 10oz. Worth it IMO.
You make a good point about balance. Much improved in both mine so far.

Reactions: Sigmanx and tex68w
About 2,000 rounds of India special green tip, PMC 5.56, and 77grain TMK down the pipe with out issue so far on the LMT SpecWar. The VLTOR A5, e-BCG, and mid length gas is a winning combo in my book. Going to play with a Geissele Super42 next range day.
View attachment 8021987
I’ve been contemplating swapping my carbine Buffer tube over to the A5 setup on my AR15 carbine and pistol. I have the RE-10/A5SR for my AR308 build I’m doing.

Reactions: MSTN
I like that Spuhr rifle chassis.
It's worked well so far, put it on before a course in August and won top shot...so far it's my lucky charm haha. Heading to advanced precision rifle in May, psyched to continue to abuse it out there!

Reactions: tex68w
Fit my Cloud Defensive REIN 3.0 and SBR pic mount.

First impressions:
- feels the same as the 2.0 in terms of fit, finish, and form factor.
- the sbr mount is great, but I wasn't too thrilled about how far back it has to be mounted if using any iron sight. That said, it's far forward enough and feels great from an ergonomics standpoint (I'm not a fan of tape switches). I do like how tight it brings the light into the optical line when mounted off the top rail. Should be a nice setup for night hunting with a green filter.
- hard to compare to my old 2.0 without it in hand, but the light out put feels marginally better in the house (still light outside). The dual fuel capability is a welcomed change.

20221221_151646~2.jpg

20221221_151619.jpg

20221221_151630.jpg

20221221_151708.jpg

Some of you guys have some really nice rifles. I am personally a budget buyer. I try to get the most quality and features for the least amount of money. Niche items obviously cost a bit more but to the beholder are often worth it.

Springfield Armory Saint Victor PDW 5.5"bbl 5.56
1 Springfield Saint Victor PDW.jpg

Springfield Armory Saint Edge Pistol 10.3"bbl 5.56
3 Springfield Saint Edge Pistol.jpg

SIG M400 SDI Switchblade Pistol 11.5"bbl 5.56
4 SIG M400 SDI SWITCHBLADE PISTOL .jpg

SIG 516G2 Patrol 16"bbl 5.56
6 SIG516G2 Patrol.jpg

Ruger's AR-556 MPR 18"bbl 5.56
8 Ruger AR-556 MPR18.jpg

I know Springfield Armory is on the shit list, likewise SIG is hated by many, and to some Ruger makes shit, but these guns work very well...

Some of you guys have some really nice rifles. I am personally a budget buyer. I try to get the most quality and features for the least amount of money. Niche items obviously cost a bit more but to the beholder are often worth it.

Springfield Armory Saint Victor PDW 5.5"bbl 5.56
View attachment 8027256
Springfield Armory Saint Edge Pistol 10.3"bbl 5.56
View attachment 8027257
SIG M400 SDI Switchblade Pistol 11.5"bbl 5.56
View attachment 8027258
SIG 516G2 Patrol 16"bbl 5.56
View attachment 8027259
Ruger's AR-556 MPR 18"bbl 5.56
View attachment 8027260
I know Springfield Armory is on the shit list, likewise SIG is hated by many, and to some Ruger makes shit, but these guns work very well...
What color is the Sig?

Latest project, scr lower, 16” tromix 450 barrel, claro walnut 870 stock set. Although I love the look of the irons, it needs a scope. Either getting a TT 315 LRH or a March 1.5-15. View attachment 8028877
I don’t know why I like this… maybe it’s kind of like fucin a fat chic that you don’t want your friends to see..

• Haha
Reactions: GLD1980
Latest project, scr lower, 16” tromix 450 barrel, claro walnut 870 stock set. Although I love the look of the irons, it needs a scope. Either getting a TT 315 LRH or a March 1.5-15. View attachment 8028877

I don’t know why I like this… maybe it’s kind of like fucin a fat chic that you don’t want your friends to see..
@S197

I'd definitely introduce her to the friends!

Reactions: 91Eunozs