• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The audacity of these scamming mofos

I was able to see the account page just fine, and reported it as well. Scammers/spammers are the one time all of us need to be hitting the report button.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 07.10.38.jpg

Do we have a rule about purposefully impersonating other good standing members?
Rule? Frank put out a warning about the new tactic of these scammers a couple months ago.

They are posing as known members with high activity, especially buy/sell activity in the PX, to steal our money and goods. They are the lowest of fucking scum. My New Year's wish is an agonizing terminal disease falling upon all of them.

I was able to see the account page just fine, and reported it as well. Scammers/spammers are the one time all of us need to be hitting the report button.

View attachment 8306740
Yes. You couldn’t see it using the search function. Can see it once it’s tagged. Was going to delete this thread after the tagging but y’all seem to be having a ball

Yes. You couldn’t see it using the search function. Can see it once it’s tagged. Was going to delete this thread after the tagging but y’all seem to be having a ball
Any further visibility of the tactic is a good thing.

Listen up everyone, check your own username for spoofing this way. Try to tag yourself in a post by typing the @ symbol followed by your username like this:

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 07.37.29.jpg

You see how mine comes up with no other options to click on? Nobody has tried to spoof my username yet. Now lets look at Burt's:

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 07.31.11.jpg

There it is, shows the real Slim Shady and the spoofer using a period at the end of the username as well as the identical profile pic. Tag them in a post, click on their account and go to the account page, upper right corner of the profile is a report button. Click that shit and report the account as a scammer so the mods can smoke check their ass.

Check your own names, ESPECIALLY if you do buying and selling in the PX. You may just save someone some money, potentially a lot of money.

The reason the thieves are here is because their tactic is working and they're making money at it. The harder we make thier efforts to profit time, the sooner they leave our home and go steal someone else's money.

I personally think the minimum post count to read PX or even DM other members sounds like a good idea. Not sure if the forum has that ability though…..?

Reactions: Milf Dots
You guys don’t actually have to hit the post button after your test. Maybe you just want to just like the guys who feel the need to “tag” in a thread instead of just clicking the “watch” button or the “I sent a PM” guys who make public announcements about their private messages just because. 😂

Just reported one using a new version of the scam, they added the "." to the front of the name.

Is second time in less than a week for someone to pose as @gasrat

Reactions: Redmanss
Just reported one using a new version of the scam, they added the "." to the front of the name.

Is second time in less than a week for someone to pose as @gasrat
Well, son of a bitch...

Let's just see how far this rabbit hole goes, at least them putting the dot in front makes it a lot easier to shake the idiot tree.

First tag on each line is the likely scammer, second/last one is the likely real bubba.

@.Breiss13 @Breiss13
@.CBeck @CBeck
@.derek1ee @derek1ee
@.Diabeetus @Diabeetus
@.drwoods96 @drwood96
@.FLguy55 @FLguy55
@.johannes1776 @johannes1776
@.NarMan @NarMan
@.NBot @NBot
@.Sm1990 @Sm1990
@.wisey113 @wisey113. or the likely real @wisey113

There's a few, time to weed through the ones with dots starting the username and see if they pass the smell test. If I tagged you and you have a genuine alter-ego username because one got locked out or some shit, give me a shout because I'm about to start hitting report buttons on anyone that reeks of a scammer.

I

Fucking

Hate

Thieves...

ETA: I've already hit the report button on all the scammer accounts above except one, no need to really piss the mods off doing it again, I'm sure one of them will ban cat their asses shortly. All the ones reported were the zero post count user names, many joined just over the last weekend but some stretch into last month or so.

Last edited:
@Lowlight @MarinePMI I just blew up the reports list for the scam accounts in the above post, trying to weed out the scumbags. One I could not report as they limit who can see their account is @wisey113. with a dot at the end of the username, but they're another likely scam account and need looking into.

Reactions: BurtG
Was told someone is mimicking my name.

F u @BurtG.

Used search function but won’t let you find members that don’t post

I reported that one less than 30 minutes after it was made. But while doing it I was thinking "well, shit what if it is really one of his?" LoL

• Haha
Reactions: Redmanss and BurtG
DS/Burt is at least creative enough to come up with a completely different profile name and personality each time. I wonder how many he has waiting in the wings, or if he comes up with them each time through a thoughtful period of reflection and consideration after watching B-Rate 90s parody action/horror flicks all night again.

DS/Burt is at least creative enough to come up with a completely different profile name and personality each time. I wonder how many he has waiting in the wings, or if he comes up with them each time through a thoughtful period of reflection and consideration after watching B-Rate 90s parody action/horror flicks all night again.
My first thought was "Did he get banned again? That's really poking the bear reusing that name." Then looked and saw his account was still active. Had @BurtG been on at the time I'd have posted the account in an active thread, but I doubt the nigerian/pakistani or whatever would have taken the bait.

IMG_0256.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Yasherka
They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery but WOW, never thought someone would try to impersonate someone as unremarkable as me.

Reactions: Redmanss
I get home from the holidays soon, I’ll take a lazy bed day and cross them with the system and try to tie a few more together and nuke them in a mass take down, see if I can block some IPs
Would it be possible to get an IP for a scammer who took me acouple of weeks ago? Just curious.

YALL NEED TO GET RID OF THE ABILITY TO “LIMIT WHO VEIWS YOUR ACCOUNT “

No report button to be found when people shield tbeir account

47C3B3C4-34E6-4B61-8777-B3BA78BE3383.png

A122F3F5-D367-4A25-B1D6-E2933473B03A.png

DE5F1A70-196E-4876-AADA-DA363B3E6327.png

Reactions: camocorvette
They sort of stepped on their ass, and I am removing like 10 of these accounts a day

They went into overdrive and did not hide their tracks like they used too with the smaller scale they were operating. It seems they changed far too many accosts and made it noticeable so pay attention

Our efforts are working, but since it's the internet, we have to be vigilant. The Wolf is out there hunting and they want you

Frank
I know you're probably well aware how to.....but a reminder never hurts.
Search terms
@.* and
@*.
Can't hurt to be reminded that wildcards are a good thing in times like this :)

New(ish) name, but the personality is the same. And, Burt Gummer v BurtG? Not exactly a stretch.

Reactions: Bullfrog08
New(ish) name, but the personality is the same. And, Burt Gummer v BurtG? Not exactly a stretch.
05D5B22F-B20E-4469-9379-5AF1B0165385.gif

Second. There was a lot of people between DS and BG and during bannings by the angry one.

Please keep up

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
View attachment 8310905

Second. There was a lot of people between DS and BG and during bannings by the angry one.

Please keep up
All of “them” were the equivalent of a trick-or-treater wearing a bedsheet with 2 holes in it. Sure, it’s a “ghost.” Ooooo. We can all see through the disguise.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG