• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

The best product I saw at the AAC Suppressor Shoot

Boogyman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2010
Palmetto State
The W.A.R. receiver by Innovative Arms was the most interesting thing I saw at the AAC Suppressor Shoot in Memphis last weekend.It is a receiver that allows you to dampen the gas system for shooting an AR/M16 with suppressors. Just had an in-depth conversation with Phillip Woodell (owner of Innovative Arms and designer of the W.A.R. reciever). Here are some details:
1) Recievers cannot be retrofitted. Suggested price will be between $225-$250. It will come with a W.A.R. gas tube. On a new AR build this is a no-brainer.
2) The W.A.R. reciever is tunned to be totally combat reliable for high power SS109 and XM193 combat loads. The gas switch has two settings: suppressed and unsuppressed.( Phillips whole mindset with this system is to follow the K.I.S.S. system.) If you have small adjustable screws, they will fail or come lose in combat conditions at the worst time. An adjustable W.A.R. reciever is protyped and patented. It may be marketed after existing contracts have been filled.
3) The large adjustment knob has a slot that you can use a flathead screwdriver or the back of a cartrige case to turn. The knob is large enough to turn by fingers due to agressive knurling on the outside. It is cool to the touch even after several mag dumps.
4) Blowback is almost non existant with the W.A.R. reciever (several people on here can attest to that statement, it was a real eye opener at the shoot.) You can use a standard charging handle.
5) Added benefit is that The W.A.R. Reciever reduces a complete 2 db at the ear, with any reputable suppressor. Also you can use most aftermarket handguards and tubes, due to the ability to use any normal gas block.
6) Everything is patent pending inside and out. A lot of research, time, manpower and effort has gone into this development. Phillip has a great patent lawyer, so copycats you have been warned.
This receiver is the real deal, not just a gimick or "tacticool" accessory. If you have anymore questions just let me know. I'll try to get answers as they come in.
The projected commercial release is January 2012 maybe sooner if he can fill existing contracts early.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150213015825353.309604.159413995352
war2.jpg

Re: The best product I saw at the AAC Suppressor Shoot

nice product information preview. thanks for sharing

Seems to be a quality product and a game changer, nice post.

Can you help me understand how this differs from POF or similar so-called regulated piston designs on the market?

I really liked the 12" REPR, Knights Stoner LMG and the Ops Inc 50 BMG on the Barrett. Odd hearing a 50 so damn quiet!

Oddball, this is for a direct gas inpingnment system.(standard AR gas system). Most companies put the gas adjustment on the gas block(which becomes very hot after substained fire). Innovative Arm has come up with a system that moves it back to the receiver.The video will explain it better.

Completely unimpressed.

I'd be super interested to know what "contracts" he has for it. Especially knowing what departments around here actually have $$ to spend on hardware.

I've seen his suppressors in person. I've picked them up and held them. In all of 30 seconds of fingering them, I wasn't even interested in shooting them at a later date. He's a nice enough guy. His stuff just doesn't hold a candle to the other companies offerings out there. Maybe in a couple of years he will be worth looking at again.

Curious, which suppressor did you fondle and what disinterested you to the
point of never wanting to try it first hand?

I also would like to know the same thing! How long ago and what did you handle Bachelor Jack?

I have handled a few so far and have been impressed with what you get with Innovative Arms. I know for a fact my local shop can't keep his stuff in stock while the AAC stuff just sits there.

He has a booth at the local gun shows here. It gets my attention because he is the only booth at those shows besides Upstate Armory who has suppressors. I've stopped a few times just to see his hosts. The dura-coated hosts stand out.

Like I said, he's real nice. Nothing against him. And his products appear to be of a much higher build quality than GreenO's stuff. They just aren't comparable to what the big boys are putting out. And I don't feel the difference in price compensates for 2-4 generations back in the technology race the industry is now experiencing.

Guess it all comes down to frame of reference. Put his stuff on a table with the latest from AAC, Gem-tech, SWR, SilencerCo, Surefire or ThunderBeast. Throw some stuff on a high quality scale. Make some comparisons, or better yet take some serious notes. I've shot everything on the market except two suppressors that I really want to. Plus a ton of other obscure stuff. My posts are just my opinions backed by my experience.

Again, I've got nothing against the guy. Expect to see him next month, yet again. Will stop by and pick things up and poke them like always. I just haven't been impressed yet. This new product, the one we are discussing, is just like his cans. Not as refined or well executed as other stuff currently available. Stuff that solves the same problems, yet for some reason doesn't have any contracts...

Bachelor Jack,
I think we are talking about different companies. It has been over four years since Innovative Arms has rented a table at any local gunshow.(SC Arms Collectors or Land of the Sky)The two times Phillip set up, Robert(owner of Upstate Armory, fine fellow by the way) was not doing the show circut yet.
Did the dealer you are refering to have firearms for sale on his table? If you dont mind please describe the people at the table? Thanks

The longer I sat here, reading Bachelor Jack's armchair warrior reply, the more it bothered me… I'm usually a calm & collective guy, and disdain slamming someone. But when a person bashes a fine company with no proof or legitimacy, it really gets to me.
1) <span style="font-style: italic">"He has a booth at the local gun shows here. Again, I've got nothing against the guy. Expect to see him next month, yet again. Will stop by and pick things up and poke them like always. I just haven't been impressed yet.”</span>
Innovative Arms has not held a booth at a gun show in over 4 years . He became too busy with suppressor orders to keep working the shows. I'm still trying to figure out who you might be talking about.
2) <span style="font-style: italic">"They just aren't comparable to what the big boys are putting out. And I don't feel the difference in price compensates for 2-4 generations back in the technology race the industry is now experiencing"</span>
They are the big boys, but without the big boy attitude and price tag. Their patented suppressor designs are advanced enough to draw the attention of a major firearm manufacturer. They are, at this time, looking to break into the suppressor industry. They have inquired about purchasing some of their products for T&E... Oh by the way they are located in your area... Also the "big boys" are still making rifle suppressors with a plethora of baffles welded into a "fully welded core." Gee, a couple of my suppressors (more than two, by the way) have a solid machined billet core with no welds. It's over two years old. Do your research and you'll find that two years ago, most full bore rifle suppressors where made with a stack of K baffles... 2-4 generations back?.. my ass...
3) <span style="font-style: italic">"Put his stuff on a table with the latest from AAC, Gem-tech, SWR, SilencerCo, Surefire or ThunderBeast. Throw some stuff on a high quality scale.” </span>
They have been at the table and on the firing line with every major brand out there, such as AAC, Silencer Co, SureFire, Ops inc, SWR, and Knights Arm. They give the same level of suppression or exceeded suppression with every brand encountered. In many cases, they smoke them on price point and quality of construction as well. Take note: From attending the local NFA shoots they’ve hosted, I’ve personally seen several of their cans metered along side other suppressor brands. It was very noticeable. Their LDSP 7.62 suppressor is quieter than my buddy’s AAC Cyclone (I have hard data to prove it, not just an opinion) and was $300 easier on the wallet.
4) <span style="font-style: italic">"I've shot everything on the market except two suppressors that I really want to. Plus a ton of other obscure stuff. My posts are just my opinions backed by my experience."</span>
How have you have shot every item on the market, if you have not shot an Innovative Arms suppressor for comparison? If you have ever shot a Surefire or a Knights Arm. Suppressor, you would know that these suppressors aren’t even in the hunt... but all the armchair guys love them because of the big contracts and "tacticoolness.” They absolutely suck at suppression, and their DB numbers show it. Rugged ... Yes; well made… Yes; quiet... Hell NO. If you’re going to bash a company, have some legitimate proof instead of an armchair opinion.
5) <span style="font-style: italic">" This new product, the one we are discussing, is just like his cans. Not as refined or well executed as other stuff currently available.” </span>
Just curious....where did you see or hold one? Hmmm, there are just a handful of them. Phillip hasn’t released one to the public yet... It debuted just two weeks ago. Wow, man you are good... very good... must be Ex CIA or SF...or maybe a private contractor that just got back... Where can any of us pick up an adjustable upper receiver for our direct impingement AR15? SWR, Gemtech, AAC, Silencer co, Knight’s Armament, SureFire, Thunder Beast or Noveski? Nope. Only Innovative Arms. Until the W.A.R Fighter receiver there have been two ways, that I am aware of, to control gas flow for DI guns. 1) Switch block that may burn your fingers after 15+ rounds and you lose the factory hard sights. 2) Adjustable inline gas screw. Hard to tweak and your sticking a screwdriver through your quad rail. Innovative Arms has taken it up a couple of notches by eliminating the issues with the previous two. They have made it safe, super simple, and reduced DB at the shooters ear.
6<span style="font-style: italic">)"Stuff that solves the same problems, yet for some reason doesn't have any contracts... "</span>
From what I know the W.A.R. has no contracts yet, but rather, pre-orders from retail dealers. Their contracts are for their suppressors. He supplies security forces in SC and through out the nation. Being a true professional, he doesn’t divulge the identities of his clients. However, several LE agencies in your area have their cans in use. I have personally been at their shop, when a privately owned SC company, picked up 100 plus Grunt 5.56 suppressors. If you ask him, I’m sure Phillip will give you some references from satisfied and loyal clients (who have given permission for their identities to be released), and they will let you know what they purchased, and how many.

Go for the facts, man, not opinion... Now, with all that said... I want to personally extend an invite to shoot some of his stuff... and others. Ill pay for the ammo, if you wish. There’s going to be a NFA shoot located in Clinton, SC in the fall. Please come out and look me up. One thing Phillip loves to do is make believers out of the most skeptical.

I own a LDSP and had the pleasure of getting to demo an apex and shepherd 45. I was thoroughly impressed. I plan to no longer clean my tac65 and purchase a stainless apex to replace it.

This is the first I've heard of Innovative Arms, and now they are tagged as a favorite. Might be a good alternative suppressor for my Mk18; I want effective suppression on it.

As far as this upper, quite interesting.