• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The Best Rock Song Ever Made

...and she bought him Hendrix's guitar strap that he uses in every performance.

No one gonna guess on In A Gadda Da Vida?

You are saying that Polly bought Hendrix's guitar strap for David ? I did not know that. I have noticed the strap lately, but did not know it was Hendrix's. If true, very cool :cool:

So, fill us in about In A Gadda Da Vida.....

Thx

It's true. The "brown" one with the latigo X's on it. I put "brown" in quotation marks because it is brown now, but was purple when Hendrix owned it. It just faded into a brownish color. He's very proud of it. If you look up Hendrix images, you will find him using it sometimes.

The original lyric was, "In the Garden Of Eden, honey". When he sang it in rehearsal the first time, his bandmates heard what you now know the song as. They decided to go with that instead.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Some good tunes here. I could burn a CD of just these for the truck and be good. (Yeah, I know I could iPod them but I like having CDs, not so much to sort through if I'm in the mood for a particular tune)