• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The best summer drink

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__recipes__images__2012__07__20120705-southpaw20bbq-8-4a2a97dac09447ff8f3d7a4a35db7b2b.jpg

Reactions: Im2bent
I totally agree.

A Martini is Gin but I guarantee if you walk into 10 bars and ask for a Martini, 8/10 bartenders will ask "what kind of vodka?"

Same BS lack of knowledge idiocy with the use of Vermouth. Original formulations of the Martini was 3:1 gin to vermouth and sometimes even 2:1. There was never a "super dry" martini. Most people and most bars have never tried a good vermouth and hence the migration to a "super dry" martini. Martini and Rossi isn't one which is what most bars use. Dry vermouth should also be kept in the fridge like white wine or it spoils. I never buy anything but 375mL bottles of dry vermouth for that reason.

When I want a "super dry" martini, I drink gin on the rocks
I believe that is called a "Churchill Martini".

Take iced gin, pour into glass
Nod at the vermouth, to acknowledge it.
Enjoy

Reactions: Nik H
I like the method of shaking the ice in vermouth and then pouring it off and adding in the gin. It probably doesn’t even approach 3:1.

I do keep the vermouth in the fridge.

If you find a bottle of Old Islandia, it’s a new close second to Hendricks in my cabinet.
You should try 3:1 and add a couple of shakes of orange bitters to it. You may be pleasantly surprised.

I'll give that Gin a try. My favorite is Plymouth, especially the Navy Cut which is 114 proof.

Baja, California. Now, he makes rum.
Like, with his own hands? Or, does he pay a factory distillery something to put his name on a bottle, then up-charge based on name recognition? I’ve got a hunch…

Like, with his own hands? Or, does he pay a factory distillery something to put his name on a bottle, then up-charge based on name recognition? I’ve got a hunch…
Yes, in between singing for Van Halen back in the day, and doing some Red Rocker things now and then, and teaming up with fellow VH reject Michael Anthony for Chickenfoot and Perfect Circle, he is personally out there with a machete hacking down the plants. What do you think?

But I do know a rocker who actually built his own stuff and planted and worked the land. James Keenan, AKA Maynard from Tool, built his own winery from the ground up, literally.

Yes, in between singing for Van Halen back in the day, and doing some Red Rocker things now and then, and teaming up with fellow VH reject Michael Anthony for Chickenfoot and Perfect Circle, he is personally out there with a machete hacking down the plants. What do you think?

But I do know a rocker who actually built his own stuff and planted and worked the land. James Keenan, AKA Maynard from Tool, built his own winery from the ground up, literally.
So, it’s the Made in China US Optics of spirits? Another is a long list, unfortunately.

So, it’s the Made in China US Optics of spirits? Another is a long list, unfortunately.
He no longer owns Cabo Wabo Tequila. He sold it many years ago and I do not know where that company now makes it.

I'll just keep clinging to my Jack Daniels for dear life.

Its good for all 4 seasons

Live and learn. Cellarman's also has a nice margarita. I suggest that with the mushroom platter.
Yea we go there a lot, oysters Rockefeller are good too

Yea we go there a lot, oysters Rockefeller are good too
I have not been out to eat hardly at all in a few years. Most recently was to celebrate the birthday and retirement of a colleague in my industry. Otherwise, I work, visit my wife where she lives in a skilled nursing facility, and then to home.

But she and I would go to Cellarman's once in a while and Texas Roadhouse a few times, as well as the other restaurants at Sherman Town Center.