• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes The best turrets you have ever felt?

G101489

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2017
A lot of folks here seem to care about glass where's I care more about turrets. Iv spun some high end glass, with some scopes and was less than impressed. What do y'all think? Do y'all care about turret clicks? For me it's the most important part of a scope. Nothing is worse having a 3k scope that has less than desirable clicks. BTW, the best turrets I have felt to date are on the NF 4-16/42.

Last edited:
The DT S&B's are quite a bit better than the MTC. I have the MTC and wish it was a DT.

For me though here's my list, I've owned them all.

1. Kahles 624i, Gen II.
2. Premier 5-25
3. S&B MTC
4. Gen I Vortex Razor

I currently run the S&B 5-25 MTC, it's a slightly mushy, but still better than most. It's still the best combination of features for my needs. The rest I sold off for reasons not related to the feel of the turrets.

Iv never felt the DT turrets, but have felt the MTC. How much better we talking here?

Ironic I say this because all of my S&B glass is MTC now, but the .1 and .2 adjustments are a pain sometimes. I do like the feel, although a bit stiff.

My older scopes have loosened up a bit, which is good. A lot of this is going to be extremely subjective as everyone has different tastes and needs.

My S&B DT turrets are the best I have ever felt followed by my NF ATACR F1 and Khales (neck and neck but not as good as the S&B) followed by my USO

Maybe frank can give us his opinion since this isn't a "glass" thread

For me though here's my list, I've owned them all.

1. Kahles 624i, Gen II.
2. Premier 5-25
3. S&B MTC
4. Gen I Vortex Razor

Can't argue with that list though I like the Premier a touch better than the Kahles. I like the Kahles better overall, though. I have no experience with the Gen III yet - I should have one in a few days so maybe my rank order will change.

My favorite feeling turrets would be the 5 mil per turn NF NXS, though I really like the turret on my NF ATACR F1 4-16 and GEN 2 Razor, but that has more to do with features rather than feel of the clickers clicking.

NF ATACR F1 5-25
NF NXS 5 MIL per T

Have owned multiple SB's, Vortex RZRS - many NF, maybe just my personal preference, but I like the perfect repeatability and positive clicks IMO

1. AMG
2. NF 4-16 F1. Best most visible numbers and lines.
3. Razor G2
4. Premier 5-25

Hensoldt 4-16x56 locking turret clicks feel like glass rods breaking. The crispest cleanest clicks available.

Vortex Razor 2 very nice solid clicks and very good optics
Steiner Military 4-16x50 a very close second and overall great scope

​​​​

Surprised to see some agreeing with the 4-16 NF. I thought it was just me. Those damn things feel great

If you're making a definitive statement on best ever, give some context with other scopes you've compared it to.

And yes the 4-16 Atacr F1 is very good, and in addition I appreciate the markings on it. Very legible even in low light.

Also so I believe there is some difference as perceived best because some people like a positive heavy clunk and others like a finer click that appears very crisp. I think it's important to rank scopes that you have experience with to give everyone some context.

I love my 4-16 F1 ATACR, the elevation knob is awesome but the windage knob is significantly stiffer.. Maybe it's just the lack of cranking on it since it's still new... I actually would like to see a 5-25 with the same zero set low profile elev. turret to match the 4-16...

March is my vote . After dialling up and down several days a week , over 5 years , the click feel and quality is the same .
Hand lapped component quality is hard to beat . As above , Hensoldt a very close second , then S & B .

Reactions: lead ƒarmer
I love my 4-16 F1 ATACR, the elevation knob is awesome but the windage knob is significantly stiffer.. Maybe it's just the lack of cranking on it since it's still new... I actually would like to see a 5-25 with the same zero set low profile elev. turret to match the 4-16...

Don't tease me

A lot of folks here seem to care about glass where's I care more about turrets. Iv spun some high end glass, with some scopes and was less than impressed. What do y'all think? Do y'all care about turret clicks? For me it's the most important part of a scope. Nothing is worse having a 3k scope that has less than desirable clicks. BTW, the best turrets I have felt to date are on the NF 4-16/42.

For conversations sake I'm curious which $3000 scope you came across that had less than desirable clicks???

Unfortunately for me I haven't felt the ATACR clicks yet, just the older NXS line including a F1 but have tried the turrets on most of the others mentioned in this thread. I think it gets to the point with high end scopes that personal preference is the deciding factor.

I currently have March and S&B with S&B coming out on top. Of both the MTC and the DT it's a tie for me. I really like the MTC for what it is and the DT for what it is. The March scope I have has overly stiff clicks, my wife actually struggles to turn the elevation turret but I can turn it fine.

For me it's the most important part of a scope.

Really? The feel of the 'clicks' on a turret is the most important aspect of a rifle scope to you? How about that it tracks true, and that it's repeatable and reliable? Great 'clicks' doesn't mean a thing if the scope doesn't track.

That said, best turrets I've played with = Tangent Theta (and yes, the scope tracks lol).

Reactions: Steel+Killer
Of course there is a lot of subjectivity in this ( as, incidentally, is there is glass evaluation ) but for me the 'best turrets' question comprises three things: feel, features and ease of use and so I rate them as follows (based on what I own or have spent a sufficiently long time with to properly evaluate):

#1. Tangent Theta 5-25x56
#2. Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56
#3. NF ATACR F1 7-35x56
#4. S+B PMii DT 5-25x56

For me there is not a great deal to choose between the top three but when price ( I live in Canada ) is factored in then the Razor really pops as it is priced well below the NF and literally thousands below the TT.

A long ways behind would be:

#5, Bushnell Tactical DMR 3.5-21x50 and, even further ..

#6.Leupold Mk 4 8.5-25x50

Last edited:
Ok, I should clear up what I meant by "turrets sucking" what I actually mean is that some scopes, compared to others, have clicks that would make the turret on the scope in question feel "suckier" most high end scope turrets don't suck, but in comparison to others some do.

Don't tease me

Wouldn't that be great, hell, I wouldn't mind seeing it on the windage knob as well instead of a capped turret... I also gotta say that my Razor gen 2 turrets are awesome as well, great spacing in between clicks and love the locking turrets.. One of the best designs in the industry in my opinion...

If we're talking strictly turret feel, for me I'd go:

NF Atacr F1 4-16
Burris XTR2 4-20
Razor HD2
Steiner
USO

I enjoy good audible, tactile turret spinning too and so far those are the ones that stick out to me. Hoping my next 2 scopes (ZP5 and AMG) will put these to shame though.

Last edited:
I'm a turret guy to , and I've felt quite a few turrets over time. The BEST turrets I ever felt were years ago while I was at university...

For me TT bar none. Head and shoulders above my NF 4-16.

1. TT
2. Razor 2
3. NF 4-16 f1
4. S&B MTC DT
5. AMG
6. Gen 1 Razor

Covert is as Covert does.

Plenty of good feedback on the scout site.

The best titties I ever felt was on this girl I meet one night at a local bar they looked so perfect I thought they were bought until I felt them then I knew her mama gave them to her......oh wait a minute you were asking about scope turrets.......that would be my NF BEAST then my Razor Gen 2.

With regards to the OP as to turret "feel"... here would be my top 5.

1) Optronika Premier 5-25 (The others I've owned were not as good)
2) NF F1 7-35
3) NF F1 5-25
4) Vortex Razor Gen 2 4.5-27 = S&B 5-25 DT
5) Premier 5-25 and 3-15

Tangent Theta. The difference is obvious as soon as you turn them. Compared to S&B, NF, Leupy, Vortex, Bushsmell. There is no comparison, I can just about guarantee that few people would turn them and think anything is better. THat's for clicks, not to mention the tooless rezero for the stop and the little weiner thing that gets excited and sticks out on the second turn (although others have the weenie too).