• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The biggest fight of my life

snowdin5000

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2012
Idaho
Well this last year has been hell for me and my eyes I had went blind once due to cataracs but I lucked out and got into one of the best doctors in my area and he fixed that issue. With the new lens I can see like a freaking hawk just cant read a book in front of my face but thats what dollar store readers are for. But this last month I got a major punch to the gut. I've got glaucoma and it has progressed to the point that a third of my left eye is dead and the right is still alive but getting tired of fighting but that little fuckers not giving up. All the doctors here have looked and gave up but my main doctor knowing that shooting and my eyes are my life made some calls pulled some strings and got me into the University Utah and the Moran Eye Center with Dr. Zabriskie. I have sat down talked with him he took a look at things and he told me he really thinks he can save my eyes we are going into emerency surgery Monday night for the left eye were he is going put a tube in threw the top of the eye and feed it to the back so the presure can drain. But things are going to be ok because I'm just to damn mean to give up.

Bummer. Good luck Monday! I've heard Dr Zabriskie is great, so you don't have to worry about that part at least.

Hang in there brother. We need people like you to enrich the lives of . . . everyone. Thoughts and prayers are with ya.

Good luck man. Keep up the great attitude. The will to persevere and come out on top is more than half the battle. Sending a prayer your way for a full and speedy recovery.

Mark 8:25 ESV

Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

Unsure of your own affiliations, or mine, but I hope it helps.

Mark 8:25 ESV

Then Jesus laid his hands on his eyes again; and he opened his eyes, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly.

Unsure of your own affiliations, or mine, but I hope it helps.

Great quote for this situation. I wish you the best and will be sending prayers.

Thats the attitude brother don't give up, I'll add you to mu prayers when you can let us know how it went.

Good luck, hope all goes well. It's amazing that some doctors just give up before exhausting ALL possible resources, thankfully you found one that is as stubborn as you.

Well though that I would give everyone an update after going under the knife for an hour and a half of pure hell it looks like things have paid off. Got the patch off this morning and everthing is looking and testing great so now it's up to me and my body to heal. I would like to thank all of you for your prayers, Dr. Zabriskie, and his crew. So know it's time to heal and get back out on the range.

Prayers for your continued recovery. As pmclaine quoted one, I'll quote another, Matthew 9: 27 As Jesus went on from there, two blind men followed him, calling out, “Have mercy on us, Son of David!”

28 When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, “Do you believe that I am able to do this?”

“Yes, Lord,” they replied.

29 Then he touched their eyes and said, “According to your faith let it be done to you”; 30 and their sight was restored.

Man congratulations on the results. Listen to the doc and take care of 'em. Best wishes.