• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The California Exodus can no longer be denied

I’d be curious to see actual research data, because my bit of anecdotal evidence says otherwise. I just went through a many months process of buying a home in CA and the competition was absolutely bonkers. Many tech folks are moving out of the Bay Area to cheaper COL areas because they can work 100% remote, but many are also having their wages slashed accordingly. And if we’re going by out of state plates, well I’m seeing an unusually high number of TX and NJ plates lately, but that too is anecdotal. I guess it’s just hard to believe the most populous state with top tier country-scale GDP, shitty gun laws and lots of Democrats is a place people want to live in?

edit: found some actual research https://www.capolicylab.org/calexodus-are-people-leaving-california/

KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
• We find no evidence of a pronounced exodus from the state.
• Drilling down, however, we find that net exits from the Bay Area have increased during the pandemic, particularly in San Francisco, where exits in the second through fourth quarters of 2020 were 31% higher than during the same period in 2019, and new entrances were 21% lower.
• Historically, the number of people leaving California tracks the number of people entering California, but this pattern deviated in Q4 2020, when 267,000 people left the state and only 128,000 entered.
• Despite concerns about tax revenue impacts, there is little evidence that wealthy Californians are leaving en masse.

Last edited:
Governor Newsom put the F-15 squadron on alert to use against the citizens of California if they didn't stay home like he instructed them to do. Someone should show the sheep how to build a gallows before the governor drops napalm on them .

Do you honestly believe any governor in America would order the bombing of its own citizens? What about a pilot who receives such an unlawful order? Or is it just something you read about on the internet?

Do you honestly believe any governor in America would order the bombing of its own citizens? What about a pilot who receives such an unlawful order? Or is it just something you read about on the internet?
Are you really from Dogtown, CA? That little town in Marin County? Or a different Dogtown, CA?

For your reading enjoyment...

Different times, but it sheds some light on your question.

Reactions: Aries256
Answer to your question is YES . We had a congressman threaten to use nukes to disarm Americans. We have a POTUS who is taking in covid infected illegal aliens and dispersing them throughout the nation I guess to keep infection rates up to maintain control and fear of the people.

It’s brutal in Co, politics screwed up and house prices look like the Bay Area. I’m from here, but had to leave and moved back. Have to find a house this year and prices are nuts. Even moving the budget up to $2m it’s tough to find anything nice in the foothills. Job is in the city so I can’t split for the western slope like so many other og CO folks.

I’d be curious to see actual research data, because my bit of anecdotal evidence says otherwise. I just went through a many months process of buying a home in CA and the competition was absolutely bonkers. Many tech folks are moving out of the Bay Area to cheaper COL areas because they can work 100% remote, but many are also having their wages slashed accordingly. And if we’re going by out of state plates, well I’m seeing an unusually high number of TX and NJ plates lately, but that too is anecdotal. I guess it’s just hard to believe the most populous state with top tier country-scale GDP, shitty gun laws and lots of Democrats is a place people want to live in?

edit: found some actual research https://www.capolicylab.org/calexodus-are-people-leaving-california/

KEY RESEARCH FINDINGS
• We find no evidence of a pronounced exodus from the state.
• Drilling down, however, we find that net exits from the Bay Area have increased during the pandemic, particularly in San Francisco, where exits in the second through fourth quarters of 2020 were 31% higher than during the same period in 2019, and new entrances were 21% lower.
• Historically, the number of people leaving California tracks the number of people entering California, but this pattern deviated in Q4 2020, when 267,000 people left the state and only 128,000 entered.
• Despite concerns about tax revenue impacts, there is little evidence that wealthy Californians are leaving en masse.

its Not just wealthy Californians leaving. The point was PEOPLE were fed up with the high taxes, high cost of living, overcrowded schools, roads, stores etc... crime surging, restrictive gun laws reduced services, decided living close to a beach they can’t use or living in San Francisco covered with human shit was no longer really worth all they pay and put up with. Just last year, Gavin even proposed a post departure tax for Californians that leave the state will be still have to pay
California taxes for 10 years after they move. Yeah, that sounds like the ruling vampire class in california isn’t worried about running out of people to drain.... sarcasm.... More And more people are coming to this conclusion Despite CNN and the other communist propaganda news programs putting out stories stating otherwise.
I mean think about todays California sales pitch Hi, come to California. We have Nancy Pelosi, Maxine waters, Nancy’s nephew Gavin who runs the place...wink wink. We are actively trying to get rid of all guns, we have some of ( if not) the highest taxes in the country as well as gas prices, food, housing, all so we can help ourselves...I mean those unfortunate souls who no longer have a house or are in this country illegally, but those strawberries ain’t gonna pick themselves. Sounds great! Where do I sign up?
California used to be great but now should be used as a model and warning of what liberal policies did to a once awesome state In only a few decades.
but hey, don’t feel bad. It’s not just Cali, NY and Ct and Nj aren’t too far behind. Plus, in the farm system, there’s up and coming stars like Washington state, Colorado, Oregon, and Maryland.

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes
Governor Newsom put the F-15 squadron on alert to use against the citizens of California if they didn't stay home like he instructed them to do. Someone should show the sheep how to build a gallows before the governor drops napalm on them .
Isn’t that what happened to Ben Richards ...you remember the butcher of Bakersfield. There was a food riot in progress and he had orders to fire on them and he said ” the hell with you” in a very heavy Austrian accent. They detained the man followed the Gov orders and killed 60 unarmed men, women and children while framing Richards for the massacre.
😉
coming soon to a California town near you.
funny how life imitates art .....far more than art imitates life....it seems Oscar was correct.

Reactions: candyx
Where's that second paragraph from because it sure as hell isn't me?

hahaha, saw some article about how there is no exodus

i think u-haul will almost pay you to drive one of their trucks back here :ROFLMAO:

Sure CA may not be losing "net" population, but the exodus to other states is real. TX, ID, MT, OR have all seen a huge influx of CA locusts. They bring their voting patterns with them.

So if all these people are leaving who is going to CA? Its like there is an open border somewhere that people can just walk in to a state that welcomes them with free gifts which they charge the working people to pay for those gifts. A reminder that Bush Sr. in 88 won CA. What happened to those voters? Also CA voted to ban assistance (via Constitutional Amendment at State Level) to Illegals after that (Prop 187) 59-41 (naturally overturned at the Federal Level).

The working people have been squeezed out by "correctly" voting freeloaders.

Sure CA may not be losing "net" population, but the exodus to other states is real. TX, ID, MT, OR have all seen a huge influx of CA locusts. They bring their voting patterns with them.

So if all these people are leaving who is going to CA? Its like there is an open border somewhere that people can just walk in to a state that welcomes them with free gifts which they charge the working people to pay for those gifts. A reminder that Bush Sr. in 88 won CA. What happened to those voters? Also CA voted to ban assistance (via Constitutional Amendment at State Level) to Illegals after that (Prop 187) 59-41 (naturally overturned at the Federal Level).

The working people have been squeezed out by "correctly" voting freeloaders.
there are still more people here that voted for trump than several red states combined, and the 4th most "registered firearms", whatever that means.
the voting results just reflects the fact that ballot harvesting has been legal here for some time.

You can actually find nice and inexpensive property in the more remote mountainous areas of California to the north and east.
I have looked at areas around Alturas in Modoc county and can not dispute this post. Showed them to the girlfriend (Costa Mesa) as well as some places in Texas and her response was "I don't see what appeals to you about those places". My response was "I understand and I think I'm going to have to dump you..."

I have looked at areas around Alturas in Modoc county and can not dispute this post. Showed them to the girlfriend (Costa Mesa) as well as some places in Texas and her response was "I don't see what appeals to you about those places". My response was "I understand and I think I'm going to have to dump you..."
Wise decision. Don’t let a woman decide where you live. Live a place you are happy to be and find some replacement lady friends!

there are still more people here that voted for trump than several red states combined, and the 4th most "registered firearms", whatever that means.
the voting results just reflects the fact that ballot harvesting has been legal here for some time.
Probably part of the effect, although just having a large population, even a small percentage can add up. I'd argue its much more a demographics shift, which certainly makes harvesting easier. People like me should be in Silicon Valley, but a ton of us said awww hell no

Just another fun fact to counteract the “empirical evidence” which is really just leftist lying propaganda, suggesting that Americans are not fleeing California. There are reports that California is loosing a congressional seat due to population leaving. Additionally, a few of Cali’s buddies are all losing seat as well. Michigan, Ny, il from what I can remember. They are going to Tx who picks up 2 seats, NC, Fl, Mt, all pick up a seat. Mostly red states. OR and Colorado pick up a seat as well. This also supports reports of Californians relocating to these new “liberal Meccas.”

we all here at the hide, have known about this for sometime know. But piece of shit apple news which i rank right up there with NPR as liberal trash propaganda ran a story about the mass exodus leaving Cali. I do enjoy reading or listening to the left trash to try and see just what they are working on and trying to upload into all of their NPC followers heads. Surprisingly, the article was pretty good. It summed up fairly well that its not one or two reasons but its many many reasons most californians have had enough. Sadly, the article does not really delve into the homeless problem, shit on the streets, and the flood of illegals....but hey its apple news.
I know here in TN i have seen waaaay too many cali tags as of late. I hope they learned the lessons of the shitty state they helped sink and make those same mistakes here...or anywhere else for that matter.
Not every Californian is a liberal hive mind drone. There are plenty of conservatives leaving that dead ass state for greener pastures. I left in 2005 and haven't looked back. I plan on rescuing my Dad from there after I've established myself in Florida.

Not every Californian is a liberal hive mind drone. There are plenty of conservatives leaving that dead ass state for greener pastures. I left in 2005 and haven't looked back. I plan on rescuing my Dad from there after I've established myself in Florida.
Chester County, PA is nothing like it was when I lived there. I would never move back there. Get to FLA as fast as you can.

Chester County, PA is nothing like it was when I lived there. I would never move back there. Get to FLA as fast as you can.
My lease isn't up until late September. Delco is where I landed after moving from Tejas. Delco is pure fucking trash! Chesco is okay but I want out. I plan on making a return trip before the move for interviews and to find housing. I can't buy a place due to my credit being shit right now. I'll have to rebuild it before I can do that.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin