• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ChrisWay

Private
Minuteman
Supporter+
Dec 18, 2018
Errors are cumulative. Because errors stack onto each other, we always start with the equipment baseline when considering a shooter’s goal and how to help them reach those goals. I don’t like the idea of simply telling people to get better equipment because, often, the gear they have can be used for most of their goals; sometimes, this isn’t the case, though, and we will discuss this in a later article, equipment does matter.

Nevertheless, a human must use equipment, and people add errors to any system, no matter how good they are. Talking about what great equipment you have is fun and feels good, but it doesn’t tell us whether that equipment will be able to accomplish the goals someone has until the error factor of the shooter is established.

FLG_0176-1440x960.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
"3000 reps to build a new positive neural pathway, 9000 perfect reps to repair a bad habit."

That caught my eye. Better to do nothing than do it wrong and acquire that bad habit.

"3000 reps to build a new positive neural pathway, 9000 perfect reps to repair a bad habit."

That caught my eye. Better to do nothing than do it wrong and acquire that bad habit.
This guy disagrees with that thought process and backs it up with scientific data.

This a great episode to learn more about the topic of learning new skills.

EDA3096F-89D2-495B-80D4-E6CE4E75F534.png

Reactions: Maggot
Reactions: Maggot
Chris, I liked this article. Actually, I'm reading up on more of your articles, and if I can keep myself coachable, I'll be a happy camper.

Can I get your wisdom to improve my plan? I have a Bergara B-14R (22LR) that I want to practice the basics with. I know Frank G has a book, and you have courses. Is it reasonable to get a scope like the Athlon Argos for the Bergara, and just spend time on the skills? Would that combo be enough to work through Frank's book and your Guardian course?