• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The crap I see at the gun shows.

"Easy there scooter, I know you want to pistol whip him while you scream "9mm fucktard" but there is a high probability this retard has money."

That made my morning.

I went to the big Ft. Worth gun show at the Will Rogers Memorial Center right after the panic started. Big mistake. What should have been a half hour drive turned into a hour and a half drive till I finally said screw waiting and drove through construction areas.

As soon as I parked and paid the $8 fee, I saw two folks walking back to their trucks, I asked them if there were any good deals laying around. "Buddy, just go home and eat the fuel and $8 loss."

I figured I already drove out there and wasted the diesel, and $8 to park, I might as well pay another $8 to look at guns for the next couple hours. BIG. MISTAKE.

I walked in the door and paid the entry fee, and as soon as I walked through the next door to the show, I was met with the smell of unbearable body odor and hustling and bustling. I started shoving my way around as that was the only way you could get anywhere, and I wish I had just shoved my ass back through the door. The first table I came across seemed quite promising, as that hippie looking dope smoking motherfucker had a whole table of pocket revolvers for sale, which was what I was looking for at the time.

I remember even a year or two ago, they went for the cool price of $80, in damn good shape. Well boys and girls, those days are gone. I saw the two shittiest pistols on the table, pointed em out, and that old high bastard said $400 a piece. $400 a piece for two old IJCW revolvers in .32 S&W. I was speechless. I asked if he was joking, and apparently he didn't like that very much. The old shit-hill started yelling at me and cussing despite ladies being present, that I was a stupid runt who had no idea what the pistols were worth cause they were very old. I informed him that I had about 15 of them over the past few years, and I had not paid more than $100 for any of them. More profanity ensued, and I left him with the simple phrase "Just because something's old, doesn't mean it's valuable."

Moving on down the lines, I saw $800 SKS's, $2,000 Bushmaster AR's (the $600 ones that could be bought at Walmart right down the road), $300 YES THREE HUNDRED DOLLAR single shot H&R shotguns, and $600 single action .22's.

I went through the aisles, shaking my head in severe disappointment, till I finally made my way to the door, and promptly hauled ass.

If you look through the piles of junk, some of the old-timers actually have some decent deals and are not just looking to make a buck off people who don't know what they are looking at. I went to one right after the big scare, and I still got a bunch of (about 1000 once fired) Lake City brass for dirt cheap, and the old guys were very polite. They also would haggle. Picked up 1900 small rifle BR-2 primers for a steal too (about $60 total) compared to what everyone else was selling for at the big tables ($100/1000). Sat and talked to them for a while with my 10 year old daughter (who shoots the crap out of my AR), and they took a shine to her and GAVE her a two 100 count boxes of .224 50 gr Hornady VMAX bullets for her "old man to reload for her use only". Then spent another couple hours walking around looking at a bunch of stuff, bought some "redneck champagne glasses" (mason jars on crystal stems), bought some Indian fry bread and fresh lemonade, and headed home.

Time spent with my kid is time well spent, no matter what we do together. Look at it this way, if you got a laugh, and have some good stories to tell about stupid people, it is cheaper than going to see a movie for two with candy and popcorn. And it can last all day long rather than 2 hours.

I went to a Pamona GS with my original 1863 sharps Carbine looking for replacement hammer spring since this one was broken. I stopped by this one table and started talking to this guy about the spring and he said he had one somewhere and he would even install it for me. I said great I left my rifle there and I said I will be around in an hour or two to pick it up and pay him what I owed him. After two hours and nearly going insane from looking at all the tables I noticed this guy with a carbine that looked just like mine. So I went up and and started talking to him about his rifle. I then notice not only was it a nice looking rifle it was my rifle. I asked him where he got it and he said he just bought it and got a really good deal on it. I calmly told him that I left my rifle with with guy to fix and it should of not been sold. I was pissed we went back to to the table and found this guys wife there panicking when we showed up. She sold the rifle when her husband went to get something to eat and when he came back he asked her if the guy came back and paid her for the repair work since the rifle was gone. She said she just sold it for 3000.00 an hour earlier. That is when all hell broke loose. He was out looking for the guy she sold the rifle to. If anyone has ever been to a Pomona gun show back in the late 80s these were huge. The chances of me seeing my rifle was just a fluke. Needless to say I got my rifle back no cost for repair and the guy got all his money back. Lesson learned.

EuroOptic is always at the shows I go to. They are the only booth I visit and know I'm not getting smoke blown up my ass.

I once had a guy try to sell me on an AR15 with 3 fucking flashlights mounted on the rail. Yes... THREE.