• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Dallas $30K Millionaire = Douchebags. LOL

shankster..

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
May 11, 2004
North Idaho
http://www.dallasobserver.com/2007-11-29/news/douchebags-in-the-mist/

Too funny.

"
I was finally on the verge of a breakthrough. I found myself standing, nearly motionless, in the dark, warm environment that I'd identified as the native habitat of the creature I'd been trying so hard to track down: Homo sapiens douchebagus, a hard-partying bipedal primate indigenous to Dallas.

"Many people know this creature better by its common name: the $30,000 millionaire. The name is derived from their distinctive behavioral pattern of spending more money than they make in an attempt to appear wealthy and desirable. A clever creature, adept at camouflage, Homo sapiens douchebagus is a peculiar species, and evidence of its existence is largely anecdotal. I hoped to capture one in the wild."

Re: The Dallas $30K Millionaire = Douchebags. LOL

It is totally true and "$30,000 Millionaire" is a common phrase. It's funny and sad at the same time. It's both genders. They can barely pay rent on their studio apartments but they have a nice car and valet stubs leased on a high interest note. They usually talk about how they are thinking about buying a boat.

I live in the suburbs with a wife and two wonderful children in a nice comfortable rut. That article was pretty damn funny!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Scooty Puff Sr.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live in the suburbs with a wife and two wonderful children in a nice comfortable rut. That article was pretty damn funny!</div></div>

you said you lived in a yurt!

So, I'm thinking of buying a boat...

Seriously, they are thick as thieves with the "inside the loop" crowd here in Houston. They wear affliction t-shirts, lease audi's, and claim to have insight into the third-coast rap scene. They are relatively equivalent to the multi-cam clad d-bags that never leave the square shooting range.

I thank my lucky stars that my wife is normal and that we live in the 'burbs.

That's funny. Coming for L.A. That's the norm out there. I happen to be the opposite of that shit. I drive a pick up and drink beers. The clothes I wear look old an worn out. Those douches couldn't even afford one of my rifles. They are the problem,; they don't save, an expect somebody to bail them out when their in trouble. That's why you see all those commercials for credit card relief.

Jamie

Is this like those losers on that gay ass jersey shore crap?

That certainly is Not limited to Texas. Moved to Scottsdale, Az from Cleveland, Oh in '90, back when it was MOSTLY desert and horse property. Even back then this type was noticable. I thought I was clever by calling them "$30K Millionaires" back then and getting ALOT of laughs with it locally. My rational was that despite their lavish lifestyle they would be lucky if they actually had $30K in assets. There is VERY little open desert here anymore. If the economy wouldn't have tanked, there wouldn't be any left by now. What was the name of that movie starring Jurgen Prochnow that warned about what would happen when the "Well Of Souls" ran dry ??? I think we are finding out. I've met many REAL Millionaires out here and the majority are truly eccentrics that don't wear their wealth on their sleeve.

"Cool River" over on McAurther and Hidden Ridge is an excellent hunting ground for $30k millionaires (assuming it's still there.)

I also remember when that article came out. For those of you who don't know, Dallas is very big on appearances. I'll never forget when I moved from College Station to Dallas. Every other car is a Porsche or BMW and I think that the average woman here has more silicon than sense.
Now I'm happily married and I don't miss going out in Dallas at all. I live in Las Colinas about 2-3 miles north of Cool River. Every year when the Byron Nelson comes around it turns into douche bag central. I'm much more
Step 1 - Order a pitcher of beer
Step 2 - Sit on a barstool and drink
Step 3 - Try not to get in a fight
Step 4 - Repeat

Ooh, I need one of those inflatable tanks as a new tool to discourage my neighborhood association from telling me what they think of my latest home improvements.

Mucho funny article. Unfortunately, because of these douche bags, the rest of us ultimately have to pick up the tab when they default on their loans, credit card debt and mortgages. They live it up while the rest of us just work hard to support not only our families, but others. Sad, but true.

Around here,they are called $50.00 millionairs.This is farming country,and they get weeded out pretty fast.Back in the heyday of farming,there were lots of them,it just surprises me that the banks could not see what was obvious to the rest of us.With a little practice,it was easy to see who was going broke and who was successful. Pete edit to add that this is funny!