• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The departure from "just another action company" ARC's new rifle:

I posted this in the other ARC thread, but think it better suits the conversation here:

Thanks for sharing! Always enjoy Ted's videos, he's pretty unrefined and unpolished, but you get glimpses into his creative genius, which as a fellow engineer I always appreciate.

The video showed off some features that previously I was unaware of, it's obviously a very well thought out chassis.

I love the bump in the mag release/catch lever, that's an ingenious and simple way to prevent the mag from rotating and thus binding. The level idea is cool, until the video I didn't realize that it "popped through", I figured it was a QD attachment. The quick adjust on the LOP and cheek piece seem very well thought out as well. That ARCA/RRS with built in Anschutz and Area419 (whatever their holes/patterns called) it awesome.

I like that the grip is open sourced, my idea of getting a micarta handle in a wacky color (and maybe matching cheek piece) can come to life :p.

Overall, seems like a very functional, well thought out and built chassis. My hats off to you Ted!

I know some people like medium Palma type contours, but hopefully there's heavier contours available for those that prefer a heavier barrel (my preference is generally in the m24/MTU/heavy varmint contours, though a heavy Palma would be okay as well).

I like ARC product because I like Ted's style. His creative out of the box and over engineering shit is genius and unique.

If it wasn't out of my price range I would love put my Nucleus in one of these over anything.

I like ARC product because I like Ted's style. His creative out of the box and over engineering shit is genius and unique.

If it wasn't out of my price range I would love put my Nucleus in one of these over anything.

I agree. It's an engineering company more so then a marketing company. His products have a lot of great innovations in them, and everything has a functional purpose. I absolutely love my Mausingfield and M10 rings. Ted is a really sharp guy that comes up with some clever stuff.

It's the exact same reason why I'm a Ping fan (for you fellow golfers). Everything is designed with a purpose in mind, not a gimmick to make quick sales.

Reactions: Dill
Thats not a terrible price for what you're getting in that rifle. Really like how short the LOP can go there and the grip looks very comfortable.

@karagias Do you have an approximate weight on the complete rifle and chassis with no additional weights?

Reactions: kthomas
I believe the Mausingfield, Nucleus and Archimedes all have the same dimensions for shouldered Pre-fit barrels.

I read that somewhere.

Some people have complained about the Xylo aesthetic but I think it is fine and I think adding a scope and magazine makes it look better.

I still think it could use a Walnut cheek piece.

I'm really looking forward to getting mine.

For anyone viewing this thread that impulsively bought the pre-order and can't get past the looks.

I would be happy to buy you out of your Xylo!
long action would be first choice, but you know what they say about beggars.
Just PM me (y)

Reactions: 2aBaC̶a̶
My initial thought regarding a wood cheek piece is that of its integrity. Such a small plank of wood, with holes already drilled for mounting, may not withstand the bumps and bangs of the chassis' intended purpose; it may crack/split.

Is there any cant adjustment in the recoil pad?

I'm going to baby mine. If anything beside a cheek or a case hits my cheek piece, I screwed up.

Also I can probably make the wood thicker without causing issues.

I'm going to baby mine. If anything beside a cheek or a case hits my cheek piece, I screwed up.

Also I can probably make the wood thicker without causing issues.

I think micarta would be the tits for that application.

A matching grip and cheek piece in something like a red/black or vibrant green/black would look really cool.

Would break up the industrial look of the chassis, and give it some personality.

A Micarta grip with something super grippy like Lok Grip's "Boogie" pattern would be most excellent and give a ton of traction. OD green please.

Kinda hope (if a purchase is made), I can get the stock with an unfinished grip so I can apply my own stain color.

Those lok grips are exactly the premise I was thinking of! Never heard of Lok before this thread.

A color pattern like this would look awesome:

e9fb4438e58c7d40ab73e55742462cc2.jpg

I think micarta would be the tits for that application.

A matching grip and cheek piece in something like a red/black or vibrant green/black would look really cool.

Would break up the industrial look of the chassis, and give it some personality.

Red, Black and Vibrant Green was a bit much for me personally.
309708D2-CF21-4955-BD1F-7629F8ACA721.jpeg

Red, Black and OD Green was much better.
6A242D06-EC2F-41CE-98BF-92A517D1D978.jpeg

Reactions: kthomas

I would not call ARC products over-engineered. That suggests something overly complex and adding features that are unnecessary.

Ted does jam in a bunch of features but the end result is still fairly simple in construction and robust.

They are pretty damn elegant in my opinion.

For custom grips, I think MK Machining's premium 3D prints would be great.

I wish they could do a fit kit with an undersized grip, some Sugru and thick nitrile gloves; custom mold the grip to your hand, trim and sand it to smooth it out, then send it in for a 3D scan and print.

I'm probably going to try that the Analog way, mold a grip and then mimic the shape in the Walnut by sanding.