• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

the desert multi-cam twins

Bruiser_Joe

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2009
Hell
i have posted pics before of these two but they are finally finished.

BOTH guns were painted by our very own Shortbus

props to be given to Smokin99 (chris) who built the 300wm r700 and paul (boltfluter) for the work on the bolt, and to randy at mile high for the AW, sphur mount and 3-20 S&B, and AICS that the 300 sits in

the 300wm wears a 5-20 razor ebr2b

another big thanx to badger for the IMUNS, great pieces of kit.

10200de6.jpg

acbe8d5f.jpg

1cfd6ff4.jpg

406bd6dc.jpg

Re: the desert multi-cam twins

Joe,

Great pics of the twins. Paint is amazing. Chris builds one hell of a stick!
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

WOW... they look awesome. One of the best camo jobs I've seen

Vice nice! Shortbus does some beautiful work!

Sweet baby Jesus! Seriously sweet set of rifles. Best paint job I've seen.

You have a great collection of rifles Big Joe. I am never disappointed when I click on one of your threads.

BigJoe,

You own some seriously nice firearms man! I wish I had half your inventory.

Those are great looking rifles and I'm sure they shoot just as well if not better than they look

I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, but nice rifles!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do I get Shortbus to paint my AICS 2.0? Those rifles look fantastic!
</div></div>

http://www.customguncoatings.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do I get Shortbus to paint my AICS 2.0? Those rifles look fantastic!
</div></div>

Send him cakes, cookies, beer, gift cards to bed bath and beyond.... or so they say. He is a sucker for bribes!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: komifornian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do I get Shortbus to paint my AICS 2.0? Those rifles look fantastic!
</div></div>

Send him cakes, cookies, beer, gift cards to bed bath and beyond.... or so they say. He is a sucker for bribes!
laugh.gif
</div></div>

You forgot Mikes Hard Lemonade.
smile.gif

BTW Joe, i'm stealing the pic, it's going on the website.....as soon as my wife does it, lol. They look great!

</div></div>

Shoot me over a PM, we'll go from there.

Branden

You and I have the same taste, AICS and the same tool box! Nice rigs BigJoe, think I'll have to pm shortbus on getting my skins painted as well. Yours look better than mine and that just won't do ;-)

Those look flipping awesome!

Just because I'm ignorant: How well does the paint on these stock hold up? I'm by no means hard on a rifle, but just wondered how easy it is to scrape/rub it off by accident or normal use.

these are duracoat and hold up really well. unless you are dragging it behind your truck i think it would last you quite a while

(jaw drops)...well done sir

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jethro3898</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those look flipping awesome!

Just because I'm ignorant: How well does the paint on these stock hold up? I'm by no means hard on a rifle, but just wondered how easy it is to scrape/rub it off by accident or normal use.

</div></div>

Holds up really, really well. Chemical resistance, flexible, and doesn't chip. Of course it can be scratched with severe abuse, but some other coatings will chip as well when they are scratched, and then the paint will start to continue to chip off after that. This paint doesn't do that.

Branden

Love that desert multicam. May have to send my AX skins out...

Joe, i'm liking the greater contrast of the one on the right more and more. Not sure why. At first I thought that I did way to much of the desert brown, but now i'm diggin' it more and more.

If anything, it gives anybody that wants this camo in the future and option, more, or less desert brown, lol.

Branden

i have posted pics before of these two but they are finally finished.

BOTH guns were painted by our very own Shortbus

props to be given to Smokin99 (chris) who built the 300wm r700 and paul (boltfluter) for the work on the bolt, and to randy at mile high for the AW, sphur mount and 3-20 S&B, and AICS that the 300 sits in

the 300wm wears a 5-20 razor ebr2b

another big thanx to badger for the IMUNS, great pieces of kit.

10200de6.jpg

acbe8d5f.jpg

1cfd6ff4.jpg

406bd6dc.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I must say your guns are gorgeous. I am going to have mine done in desert multicam as well, I was wondering if you could tell me what color the cerakote is on the 300wm barrel? I'd appreciate it, thanks.

Is it possible to get this look with krylon or rust oleum ? Can someone tell me the order to paint this? From base coat to last coat