• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Dewalt Annealer

FredHammer

FAFOIST
Minuteman
  • Mar 23, 2006
    CONUS
    IMG_1101.jpeg

IMG_1099.jpeg

Pinned seating depth by .0005 for 200 300WM. Yup, so easy they even let me do it!

I went cheaper yet, using a Ryobi. It works well despite “studies” done by annealing manufacturers that prove your bullets will fall out of the barrel if annealed on less than a $2000 annealing magic machine.
    Kinda my whole premis here! 🤩

Before I’m accused of being some 100yd group faggot poster…1K
    View attachment 8232112
    1 mile:
    View attachment 8232118Can you all imagine this was done with a fucking Dewalt and MAP Pro
    Proof you need Tempilaq . Necks are getting too hot while you look for that ring going past the shoulder to look pretty . Neck lives matter . Things will get tighter, there is hope .

• Haha
    Reactions: FredHammer
    I did the cordless drill annealing for a long time before going to an AMP...

Yeah, the AMP is much easier, faster, more consistent, all that... but don't sleep on the cordless drill method, it still works and is way better than not annealing at all.

Proof you need Tempilaq . Necks are getting too hot while you look for that ring going past the shoulder to look pretty . Neck lives matter . Things will get tighter, there is hope .
    Show me your tighter 1K and 1 Mile groups and I'll try your way.

• Haha
    Reactions: Haney
    It's actually against the law to anneal brass for a Savage in anything but the cigarette lighter of a 1990s Ford Ranger, just fyi
    We talkin' the factory lighter in the dashboard... or a crusty gas station lighter you dug out of the crack in the seat?

Mike

Reactions: .505gibbs
    I did the cordless drill annealing for a long time before going to an AMP...

Yeah, the AMP is much easier, faster, more consistent, all that... but don't sleep on the cordless drill method, it still works and is way better than not annealing at all.
    Cooked necks are not better than just leaving the brass alone and not annealiing it .

I was once a know it all torch annealer . I look back and laugh now . A bottle of tempilaq proved that theory wrong . Absolutely no way by eye is as good . You can take 6 pieces of brass with different headstamps and anneal them properly , those 6 pieces will not all look the same in regards to the annealed neck/shoulder . Experience is the best teacher .

Last edited:
    We all know you’re trying to justify your annealing machine expense.
    I have 300 dollars in it, less than what you spend on booze and cigs in a week .

I was once a know it all torch annealer . I look back and laugh now . A bottle of tempilaq proved that theory wrong . Absolutely no way by eye is as good . Expereience is the best teacher .
    Love to see all your trophies and checks, but really someone with those accolades would have some group pics.

I wouldn’t do something that didn’t show positive results. .0005 consistency good enough in my book.

Cooked necks are not better than just leaving the brass alone and not annealiing it .

Who said anything about cooked necks? I used to use a timer set to a certain number of seconds, the same way those Bench Source and Annealeez thingys work. Not perfect, but isn’t useless.

And yeah, let’s see those big checks and trophies… Acta Non Verba 😂

• Haha
    Reactions: FredHammer
    Who said anything about cooked necks? I used to use a timer set to a certain number of seconds, the same way those Bench Source and Annealeez thingys work. Not perfect, but isn’t useless.

And yeah, let’s see those big checks and trophies… Acta Non Verba 😂
    Don’t hold your breath🤣 Haney is just a gun board antagonizer. “No show and no go!”