• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Dirty Thirty

xphunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2005
Wyoming
This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark IV 4.5-15, McMillan stock, and a factory trigger.

uHmToFIl.jpg

Video Below: Factory TAP with 168 A-Max.
Reloads: 1x fired Hornady Match 308 Win brass, CCI primer, H-4895, 155 A-Max at 2720 fps.
Groups were at 100 yards.
B235KP6l.jpg

3oKhr2zl.jpg

The last 3-shot group was by Dan Ekstrom, with his MagnetoSpeed attached and the group size was close to mine. This XP-100 shoots great!
Next up is doing some drop confirmations at distance.
Impact velocities will allow me to kill out to mid-range distances. Impact velocity at 550 yards should just a tad over 1800 fps.
It will be used for my personal enjoyment and hunting, but will also be a loaner XP-100 for WY-SHOT.
In The Video, I am shooting some older TAP 168 ammunition, so we could set up the resize die properly.
Video:

You need to load the bipod and work on recoil control
Head Back With Laughter GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Ive always wanted a bolt pistol myself

I hope you enjoy the toy. I never understood bolt pistols. A pistol offers the benefit of carry and/or concealment. That offers neither so it's a no for me. But I do hope you enjoy it.

I hope you enjoy the toy. I never understood bolt pistols. A pistol offers the benefit of carry and/or concealment. That offers neither so it's a no for me. But I do hope you enjoy it.
some states have different hunting requirements where a pistol is legal and a rifle is not

also...because it's fun and why not