• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Long range shooting is a journey. Little did I know, as a young Marine recruited to Surveillance – Target Acquisition Platoon in 1986, that I would still be in this game some thirty-seven years later. That is how some journeys are. One doesn’t realize that a journey has been undertaken until time passes and you find you are traveling the same path.

The knowledge I acquired in that position was leading-edge for long range shooters of the time. My instructors and mentors were a mix of competitive shooters and military snipers. In those days the only shooters with any interest in ranges beyond short hunting ranges were of those two disciplines.

The Realization

IMG_3208-1440x1080.jpg

I thought I had it all figured out. The reality was I had acquired fundamentals and a small amount of knowledge, but had very little understanding...

Continue reading...

Full understanding of the Fundamentals is essential; As evidenced by more than a couple threads in the Forums lately. They are not just bullet points, as shooters we must live them.

When you are on the range, your attention is on the reticle-target relationship. Other shooters' attention is on YOU. Will you look professional? Or not...

Thanks for this article, Marc.
    While I am not, as of yet, a "long range shooter", I have been working diligently on my fundamentals in anticipation of attending your long range course in July.
    I look forward to meeting you and Frank then, hopefully I will learn something and won't make a fool of myself.

If you have been working "diligently" on fundamentals, you have markedly decreased your chances of making a fool of yourself.
    It would be foolish to proceed on this journey without addressing the fundamentals.

Taylor

Great read Marc. Listened to the podcast today also. Glad to hear to are kicking butt and getting better.

Reactions: Enough Said