• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Episode 84 Gunwerks AAR

Nope. I'm the guy with the big dufus looking red rifle that looks like something out of call of duty. Were you an RO?

Nope. I'm the guy with the big dufus looking red rifle that looks like something out of call of duty. Were you an RO?
Me and my brother were on the end under a canopy. I don't remember the red rifle lol. We were helping the dude from N Carolina out trying to spot hits for him. Dude drove like 7 hours by himself. Thats hard core! It was all good til the mirage came up and then it was a swishy mess. Still got a lot of good hits out to 1350 despite the velocity in my app somehow getting changed from 2850 to 3000 lol. I kept being like "shit, why am I having to come up so much?!" It made it interesting. I tried like hell to hit the mile but thats a tall ask from a 6.5 just above sea level with incorrect velocity in the calculator lol.

I may try a 1 day match out there if I can get the dates to line up. We missed the last open day because I was tied up with work. I may hit you up for what I should practice if I register for one.

Me and my brother were on the end under a canopy. I don't remember the red rifle lol. We were helping the dude from N Carolina out trying to spot hits for him. Dude drove like 7 hours by himself. Thats hard core! It was all good til the mirage came up and then it was a swishy mess. Still got a lot of good hits out to 1350 despite the velocity in my app somehow getting changed from 2850 to 3000 lol. I kept being like "shit, why am I having to come up so much?!" It made it interesting. I tried like hell to hit the mile but thats a tall ask from a 6.5 just above sea level with incorrect velocity in the calculator lol.

I may try a 1 day match out there if I can get the dates to line up. We missed the last open day because I was tied up with work. I may hit you up for what I should practice if I register for one.

Ah you must be referring to the open range day they did a few weekends ago. I didn't go to that one. They had a 2 day PRS match there last weekend. At least I think I'm right...I might have lost track of time.

Wow! When I heard this video caused a shit storm the first thing I did was laugh and say I bet. I was curious so I signed up for this forum to see what was being said. I learned that the HMFIC thinks I'm a dumb shit. That's great. Here is a little perspective. This was the last stage of a 2 day match. I was sitting in fourth place when I approached this stage. When I got there, I watched the 1st place and 5th place shooter do exactly the same thing I did. My first thought was how is that being allowed. I actually considered not jamming the bag and shooting it like I think it was intended, but I think that would make me equally a dumb shit. Let me say this was an excellent match and I will be shooting it again. This was the only ambiguously written stage.

I'm assuming because it would put him at a disadvantage to those that were shooting the stage with the tripod/beg wedged under the boat prop. Whether that is noble/honest versus a "dumbshit" move is what is being debated.

Reactions: Ksracer
I Love how so many people are commenting about this, and it started without me, but I am the one being called out ...

You can see this true effort to push back against me personally because I am calling attention. Forget the fact how many people are reaching out to me dropping me notes and images of this stuff. How a lot of people think it makes the sport look bad, but I am the one they mention

No problem, game on, I have a lot of ink, we'll see how this turns out.

Don't address the problem, just point to the messenger, and make that Invasion of the Body Snatcher face pointing

Wow! When I heard this video caused a shit storm the first thing I did was laugh and say I bet. I was curious so I signed up for this forum to see what was being said. I learned that the HMFIC thinks I'm a dumb shit. That's great. Here is a little perspective. This was the last stage of a 2 day match. I was sitting in fourth place when I approached this stage. When I got there, I watched the 1st place and 5th place shooter do exactly the same thing I did. My first thought was how is that being allowed. I actually considered not jamming the bag and shooting it like I think it was intended, but I think that would make me equally a dumb shit. Let me say this was an excellent match and I will be shooting it again. This was the only ambiguously written stage.
This is kinda the point being made. If the director doesn’t make things clear participants are at a disadvantage if they don’t game the stages once it starts. Not your fault, whoever was in charge is at fault. Still, Had it been me I would have shot it with it swinging. It really doesn’t look like it would be that hard of a shot. The called impacts sound like it wasn’t that long. How long of a shot was it? How big was the target?

If the director doesn’t make things clear participants are at a disadvantage if they don’t game the stages once it starts. Not your fault, whoever was in charge is at fault.

Going to have to respectfully disagree on this. Integrity is doing the right thing, even when knowing it'll leave you at a disadvantage. I'm not saying IG has no integrity per se, but to blame someone else is the easy way out. We all know what the intent of a boat stage is, and why it is being run. To blame the RO/MD for not spelling it out is just deferring responsibility/accountability of our own actions. That smacks of millenial justification of bad behavior...and is just bull shit IMO.

JMTCW...

This is kinda the point being made. If the director doesn’t make things clear participants are at a disadvantage if they don’t game the stages once it starts. Not your fault, whoever was in charge is at fault. Still, Had it been me I would have shot it with it swinging. It really doesn’t look like it would be that hard of a shot. The called impacts sound like it wasn’t that long. How long of a shot was it? How big was the target?
512 yards 40% IPSC Two points are being made. One is that stages should be shot as intended. That is valid. The other point is that the posturing and name calling that happens on these forums are not good for the sport or more specifically the discussions about the sport. I've got thick skin. I can read this thread with a smile on my face, but not all can.

Oh, I get what you're saying, and I hope you don't think I'm name calling, because I'm not. You did what everyone else was doing (apparently) so totally get that. I think it is the allowing of the gaming to persist and go unchallenged that is part of the discussion here. Once a single person is allowed to game a stage, everyone has to be allowed to do it, and it would be unfair not to let everyone do it, as it would tilt the field in favor of the gamers. The point is, it should have not been allowed the first time. Period.

My buddy cleaned that stage with a bipod and Gamechanger as a rear bag ONLY :eek::eek::eek:. His wife only dropped one shot with the same setup......... LOL
That's what I was thinking. It didn't seem like that hard of a shot to start with so why even game it?

I think all of this would stop if the policy was that any in question position can be reviewed upon request at the end of the match and if it is deemed to be that it was not shot as designed it's a DQ for the stage. Then it is on the shooter to risk DQ if they want to try to game rather than on the volunteer RO to call someone out which most prob don't want to do. I bet 99.9% would be shot exactly as intended even if someone ahead of them tried to game.

Multiple scenarios are being pointed out after the fact, and while no rules were broken, there is discussion about whether it’s “right” or not. That’s all this is, to me. I don’t see any butt-hurtedness or posturing...

It’s not “internet snipers” here vs. PRS shooters. A lot of people here shoot matches...

MD’s intent and “spirit of the match” is subjective, to a degree. My opinion is that modifying a barricade isn’t cool, even if others are doing it (CoF loophole, or not).

My first thought was how is that being allowed. I actually considered not jamming the bag and shooting it like I think it was intended, .

And that is exactly why it has generated so much discussion. Many others feel the exact same way.

Is this good for the sport? I guess that is subjective, but I certainly think it deserves some discussion, especially from the PRS leadership/board.

Last edited:
512 yards 40% IPSC Two points are being made. One is that stages should be shot as intended. That is valid. The other point is that the posturing and name calling that happens on these forums are not good for the sport or more specifically the discussions about the sport. I've got thick skin. I can read this thread with a smile on my face, but not all can.

Oh wait it is game on now, you think this is bad and you need thick skin, I am gonna make the whole thing look a whole lot worse

You all want to blame everyone else but the shooters, it's always the MD's fault for not being clear, despite the fact these are not new stages, you want to blame me for giving people a platform to discuss things they see, you want to blame the ROs despite the fact many will push an RO into a corner backing them down.

Keep spinning, still images of anything can be made to look silly without much effort

image.jpg

I love it, its our fault for talking about it on the internet, welcome to the new age that has only spawned the game you are currently playing

Oh wait it is game on now, you think this is bad and you need thick skin, I am gonna make the whole thing look a whole lot worse

You all want to blame everyone else but the shooters, it's always the MD's fault for not being clear, despite the fact these are not new stages, you want to blame me for giving people a platform to discuss things they see, you want to blame the ROs despite the fact many will push an RO into a corner backing them down.

Keep spinning, still images of anything can be made to look silly without much effort

View attachment 6934873

I love it, its our fault for talking about it on the internet, welcome to the new age that has only spawned the game you are currently playing
Found BBBB! @BangBangBlatBlat

practical rifle jackpot series

a league has already been started (trying anyways) to address the gaming/wacky stages/extra gear everyone likes to complain about

field style matches with minimal gear

yall go shoot it

Just to add a little more perspective.

The MD spent 5 minutes addressing this before the match started on day 1. To paraphrase, he said "the intent of our stages is clear, and we expect them to be shot as such". He also used the words "if the shooting position is a rope hung between a barricade, we expect the rifle to be supported by the wobbly rope"

The only reason the RO allowed it, in my opinion, is because the MD was too busy dealing with the flooding from torrential rains on day 2, and wasn't able to give him a proper stage rundown.

Is that the MD's fault? I hardly think so.

Before this all completely blew up, the MD's initial reaction was "that wasn't how I had intended for it to be shot", and "when I saw what was happening, it was too late to put the cat back in the bag"

As far as I'm concerned, the blame lies with the first shooter who asked "can I wedge a bag in the chains?" He may have just done it without even asking, I don't know.

What I do know is that I don't like being forced to choose between my integrity, or easy points. I put my 2 pre-paid spots in the next PRS match up for sale at half price, and while I've been talked into shooting that match anyway by my friends, I currently have absolutely no intention of continuing to associate in the future with the type of people who can't see why this whole issue is a problem.

Not going to lie, I'm prolly the biggest fucking gamer out there, if the not the BIGGEST. Shoot everything from the prone or seated position....

HOW BOUT DAT!!

Standing or Kneeling?? Ain't nobody got time fo DAT!!!
Well when you ain’t got no legs Lt Dan you have to game it

Reactions: lead ƒarmer

View attachment 6934873

I don't know who this guy is but I'd say hes got a pair not caring at all how he looked with that bean bag lol.

I can say as a match director for a different discipline it is disheartening the amount of effort that has to be put into running matches and creating stages to ensure the shooters have to shoot it in a "similar" fashion. The intent being to make it a competition of skill not a competition of gear or how effective you are at coming up with an unintended way of shooting to gain as much advantage as you can. And no matter how much detail you add someone will find a way to circumvent the intent.

Someone, please link me to where I called @Idahoguy a "Dumb shit" because I cannot find it ?

More of them inventing BS to make themselves feel good
Your whole conversation is on mute when you quote "Sniper". Not into the drama but here you are participating in it with both feet. Yes, I am The HMFIC Of this shit because it's my business I started it. It's social media and one that existed before you did in this space.

These guys shoot matches too, try paying attention who is actually conversing here. Match shooters are, and the contrived BS makes you look stupid not us, we are actually laughing at the dumb shit.

You guys have become experts of political spin to twist the stories to make yourselves look better. Not working

You won't see me next time, I pick and choose what matches I shoot and you''re not on my list

Maybe I read it out of context but that is how I took it. Really no biggie though

Your whole conversation is on mute when you quote "Sniper". Not into the drama but here you are participating in it with both feet. Yes, I am The HMFIC Of this shit because it's my business I started it. It's social media and one that existed before you did in this space.

These guys shoot matches too, try paying attention who is actually conversing here. Match shooters are, and the contrived BS makes you look stupid not us, we are actually laughing at the dumb shit.

You guys have become experts of political spin to twist the stories to make yourselves look better. Not working

You won't see me next time, I pick and choose what matches I shoot and you''re not on my list

Maybe I read it out of context but that is how I took it. Really no biggie though
In his defense he said laughing At dumb shit. He didn’t call you a dumb shit.

Reactions: Idahoguy
Clearly out of context,

First off I was not responding to anything YOU SAID, I was discussing the situation as a Whole, Laugh at the Dumb Shit is NOT A Person, but the idea that gaming makes this sport better in some way is funny.

Like I said, Spinning the conversation to make yourself look like a Victim, which is quite comical, poor guy, need a sticker

Nice try though, If I wanted to call YOU A DUMB SHIT, I would, but since I have no clue who you are, why would I call you anyhting, I have not directed anything I said to you, until you called me out.

Meanwhile I did not post the video nor did I start this line of discussion

Clearly out of context,

First off I was not responding to anything YOU SAID, I was discussing the situation as a Whole, Laugh at the Dumb Shit is NOT A Person, but the idea that gaming makes this sport better in some way is funny.

Like I said, Spinning the conversation to make yourself look like a Victim, which is quite comical, poor guy, need a sticker

Nice try though, If I wanted to call YOU A DUMB SHIT, I would, but since I have no clue who you are, why would I call you anyhting, I have not directed anything I said to you, until you called me out.

Meanwhile I did not post the video nor did I start this line of discussion
Lowlight I tried to post a video of a stage that I wrote at my range where I hold monthly matches. It said extension not supported. Its just an mp4. The purpose was to show an example where I allowed someone to game a stage thinking he would time out in doing so. He did not and won the match. Hindsight it was a mistake as a MD/RO. I watched several people time out stuffing bags into the chains in Kansas. I believe the RO s thinking was along the same lines as mine. This shit happens unfortunately and I Learn a little as a MD every time. I think that's all we can really do.

Reactions: morganlamprecht
Lowlight I tried to post a video of a stage that I wrote at my range where I hold monthly matches. It said extension not supported. Its just an mp4. The purpose was to show an example where I allowed someone to game a stage thinking he would time out in doing so. He did not and won the match. Hindsight it was a mistake as a MD/RO. I watched several people time out stuffing bags into the chains in Kansas. I believe the RO s thinking was along the same lines as mine. This shit happens unfortunately and I Learn a little as a MD every time. I think that's all we can really do.
So now MD/ROs are trying to game the gamers into gaming themselves into a timeout? Brilliant! How about just say shoot the COF as intended or risk a DQ if a review is requested. Done.

Then host your own match you whiny fuck. If you don't like the rules or don't like the MD, then start your own shit.
You just reinforced what is I think is wrong with the PRS. Instead of saying maybe we need to look at the perception that things are getting too gamey and driving some shooters away. Instead just call call them whiny fucks and let them shot their own matches. I always thought the goal was to grow the sport not tell people to go somewhere else.

You just reinforced what is I think is wrong with the PRS. Instead of saying maybe we need to look at the perception that things are getting too gamey and driving some shooters away. Instead just call call them whiny fucks and let them shot their own matches. I always thought the goal was to grow the sport not tell people to go somewhere else.
too bad this was a NRL match you dweeb. devil in the details.

What if we already host our own matches :unsure:

And have been doing so for a few years?

He took a vacation don't bother responding to him, he has nothing to contribute just wants to insult

That was quick. Like that zebra gum that only lasted 30 seconds.

Man, the one day I'm really busy and forgot my popcorn, we have an entertaining thread.

It's simple for us at local matches. There is no gaming, since the MD or one other RO run every stage, The rules are cleared up front and only exceptions that are clearly iterated before we begin that stage are allowed. Everything else is a no go.

Of course it cannot be that simple at large matches. There are always guys pushing the limits and pushing ROs to try and get an edge that way. I think that it's BS, but that is truly what is happening.