• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Cameo Hunter Course AAR

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Podcast: Cameo Hunter Course AAR

Hey Frank & Chris here, we are talking about our recent Cameo Mountain Hunter Course. We really enjoyed this class and had a great time with all the students

Some of the Highlight Topics include:

• Paper Targets
    • Diagnosing Students
    • Field Work
    • Tripods and Supports
    • Walt's Hunter Match, UHRC
    This conversation really flows and I think the firehose of information we are unloading will be appreciated. Be sure to hit the Sniper's Hide Forum to discuss this episode. It will be located in the Everyday Sniper Section.

Sniper’s Hide Website

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/

For the Serious Tactical Marksman

#snipershide #Lowlight #precisionrifle #practicalmarksmanship

#sniper #practicalmarksmanship #military #LawEnforcement

#LongRangeHunting #Hunt #FirearmsTraining #2ndAmendment #TheHide #Rifleman #EvilLeprechaun

Chris Way’s RifleKraft

https://riflekraft.com/menu

Reactions: 6.5SH
    Dang, you guys went for nearly another hour after I left for dinner on the HIDETV Live. Went and listened to the rest of it when I got back.
    Great discussion that just flew by.

Reactions: Lowlight
    it was a crazy good live with everyone, appreciate it

Both this podcast and the Live just flew by, I don't think either Chris or I took a breathe the entire time for both...
    We did close to 4 hours straight of talking yesterday

I think we need a discussion on context.
    There is a contrast between the Comp Gun, the Duty Rifle, Backcountry Rifle and what lies between. There are positions that are not ideal and shots that shouldn't be taken when it's for real with all the precision platforms.

When does a rifle qualify as a precision rifle?

My opinion: when it can maintain a minimum of 1 MOA accuracy at maximum point blank range.

Where does long-range shooting begin?

My opinion: when maximum point blank range ends.

So it's a sliding scale dependant on target size and drop which determine the margin of error.

The AAR was a great discussion, I'll need to listen multiple times to digest it all.

Thanks, Chase

Last edited:
    Totally

We need a modification, I keep seeing hunting rifles this year and here in AK a lot of hunting scopes again. I hate them all, we need an awakening.

I want scopes with turrets, barrels with ported brakes, a revamp of the system.

The old legacy stuff is badly outdated