• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater The Expendables

Re: The Expendibles

It's "Expend<span style="font-style: italic">a</span>bles". ...And I do believe I'm gonna like it. ...A lot...

Sly was really funny during the final mix. He would say shit like, "I want to hear every blade of grass."

Of course, he wanted the guns and explosions and vehicles to absolutely rip your head off. There are a lot of funny Sly stories.

I was working on Twilight during the Expendables mix (even though I worked on Expendables earlier), and Sly was at the stage all the time. Once, I was taking a leak in the bathroom, and Sly comes in and starts to use the urinal next to me. Thank goodness I was already pissing, because if I had come in after him I don't know if I could have managed to start peeing. There's just something instinctively alarming about peeing next to Rambo.
eek.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HillbillyfromAL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope it's as good as it looks. </div></div>

I`m pretty sure it will be.....

That`s why I won`t spend a dime on this.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SoundFx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sly was really funny during the final mix. He would say shit like, "I want to hear every blade of grass."

Of course, he wanted the guns and explosions and vehicles to absolutely rip your head off. There are a lot of funny Sly stories.

I was working on Twilight during the Expendables mix (even though I worked on Expendables earlier), and Sly was at the stage all the time. Once, I was taking a leak in the bathroom, and Sly comes in and starts to use the urinal next to me. Thank goodness I was already pissing, because if I had come in after him I don't know if I could have managed to start peeing. There's just something instinctively alarming about peeing next to Rambo.
eek.gif
</div></div>
Its not Rambo that made you nervous it was the Italian Stallion.

We are doing a guys night away from the wives Sunday to see this. Probably not going to be the greatest movie but I'm sure there will be a lot of action, besides those guys are the action hero icons of my era so gotta see it.

Just got back from seeing a enjoyable movie. The jokes were good, action was as expected(bodies exploding like in the 4th rambo was fun) and even Sly wasn't too stiff althought Dolph was. Worth the matinee price but I will leave it up to you if it is worth the evening price. Enjoy.

Terry Crews with the AA12 was badass. You know a movie is good when you laugh out loud at bodies exploding.

Not a bad show, a bit jumpy from scene to scene.Lots of good action shots but at times you did not know who was who..I wil say good matinee but nothing more..

I liked it a lot. Good throw back to the action movies of the 80s and 90s. Crews with the AA-12 was just awesome. I also want a float plane with Ma Dueces in the nose!

In da weeds..... Its about a group of old mercenaries who take on a small army.

This sounds like precisely the kind of movie my Wife says demonstrates the dilapidated state of my mind. Dilapidate schmilapidate, I love a good old fashions action flic. Just watched Rambo III on cable last night. Still good.

<span style="font-style: italic">The Expendables</span> is playing at the Glen Theater through the 19th. As a Senior, I can get in for $3.50. After 6pm Adults pay $5.50. Neato, Man...

Greg

Sounds like I'll pass & wait for the DVD. Thanks Sniperhide, you guys just saved me $25.00

Not particularly intelligent but lots of fun.
Willis and Schwartzenegger are just cameos, mainly Sly & Statham.

Saw it with the wife Friday. It was as expected, but enhanced by the chemistry between the eclectic collection of action guys. Lots of hollywood shooting and explosions--and lots of exploding bad guys for laughs!

In da weeds, The plot?

Melancolic mercenaries hired by a CIA poser (Willis) to get rid of a rogue CIA bad guy (Eric Roberts) and his south/central american "general." Recon goes poorly, but Stallone and Statham meet the (hot) local contact (bad general's daughter). Stallone and his mentor (Rourke) get weepy and philosphic, resulting in the band going another round...

Need I say more?
wink.gif

It's exactly what you're expecting it to be.
Extra cheesy... but enjoyable if only for the nostalgia and opportunity to see a bunch of the big action stars I watched growing up battle it out together.

If I had seen this movie back in the late 80's early 90's when I was a teenager I would have thought it was awesome....today, not so much!

Statham is probably the best of the gang in movie....

Nice use of 1911's in the movie and a few good speed reloading drills.

Towards the end of the movie, you wonder exactly how many pounds of C4 is each guy carrying HA!

Yeah, story line seemed ok but a movie like this doesn't need a godd plot behind it. AA12 fired kinda slow and yes, each guy must have had a load of c4. Cool movie, will get it on DVD, along with some throwing knives haha. Statham probably had the most of the spotlight, cool by me.

Good fun movie, just make sure you check your reality BS meter at the door. My 16 yr old loved it. It was fun to hang out with my son for the night. But I wouldn't have minded if we hung out while reloading all the ammo he shoots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds like precisely the kind of movie my Wife says demonstrates the dilapidated state of my mind. Dilapidate schmilapidate, I love a good old fashions action flic. Just watched Rambo III on cable last night. Still good.

<span style="font-style: italic">The Expendables</span> is playing at the Glen Theater through the 19th. As a Senior, I can get in for $3.50. After 6pm Adults pay $5.50. Neato, Man...

Greg</div></div>

Damn I thought the $3.00 off for being Military was good. Thanks for pissing on that for me. With the discount I paid 6.50.

The Glen Theater is a very special place.

The owner was refused the movies because he discounted his box office rates and there wasn't another theater within a particular radius to justify such discounts.

So he bought the adjacent storefront and built an entire brand new theater in it.

Then he renovated both properties.

We do our Grandkiddos' birthday parties there. They have the whole balcony to themselves and their friends.

Like I said, special.

Greg

Well i get in free, Girlfriend works at the theater. Movie would be awesome if you knew nothing about firearms. The whole movie i was like the AA12 doesnt have a 75 rd drum. But Lee was hilarious "im short, so i have to work harder, so pay me more" bit.

This movie consisted of one and only one joke. Arnold shows up at the beginning, says "I don't need the money enough to do this shit" and leaves. Everything else was just backfill to make the joke work.

Truly one of the worst moves of the decade, on par with Transformers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This movie consisted of one and only one joke. Arnold shows up at the beginning, says "I don't need the money enough to do this shit" and leaves. Everything else was just backfill to make the joke work.

Truly one of the worst moves of the decade, on par with Transformers.
</div></div>

basically what I expect will still see it

Me too.

Pretty perfect summation of my reasons for wanting to see it.

I don't go to be educated, or to be reassured of anything. I go to be entertained, and pretty much litte else. BTW, I dug both <span style="font-style: italic">Transformers</span>, that Fox chick serves the purpose of the 'little else', very nicely, thank ya very much...

I believe the term is 'eye candy'...

Went with the wife this afternoon like everyone else has said entertaining but not something you have to think about. Was Sly using just 1911s at the end or did he have full automatic pistols as well?.

By the way the scene at the end with the blowing up the Helicopter seems outrageous and I also question the opening scene on the tanker where they all unload an no hostages are hit just saying.

My wife and I saw it last night, she enjoyed it more than I did. But I enjoyed it.

frown.gif
saddly it was ho-hum all the Rambo movies I enjoyed alot more, perhaps we all expected too much, which is why we felt let down.

Jet-Li & Dolph Lundgren fighting was one of my favorite parts, it had some humor to it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bugs Bunny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
frown.gif
saddly it was ho-hum all the Rambo movies I enjoyed alot more, perhaps we all expected too much, which is why we felt let down.

Jet-Li & Dolph Lundgren fighting was one of my favorite parts, it had some humor to it. </div></div>

What are those? Size 3s?

As usual I agree with Greg L, just go to be entertained. I actually like the movie a lot. No plot really, just a lot of action and cool stuff to look at. Cool guns, bikes, cars, blades. I guess im just simple and it doesnt take much for me ;/

I think they did a particulerly good job with the "style" of the movie. I loved that lowered truck!

This movie was just was I was hoping for, a lot of fun. I don't care if it is accurate as long as someone reloads at least once. Sly was good and got away from the stupid one-liners he and Arny are known for. He added the gore he used in the last Rambo film an Terry Crews stole the show with the AA12 when the rest were pinned down. I'll pick it up when it hits DVD.

By the way, if critics shoot a movie down, that's the one I know I'll enjoy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Night poacher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds like I'll pass & wait for the DVD. Thanks Sniperhide, you guys just saved me $25.00 </div></div>

did you know the markup on popcorn is 1300%!

This movie has it all, action, guns, knives, explosions, killing, and a soft touch to boot.

just finished to see...

yes, it's not a masterpiece, and it's not very original. But i like to see an enjoyable old school action movie.

There is a lot of action, there are jokes, and badass characters.

Unfortunatly, this movie come out the same year of The Losers (very good movie) and A-Team, two bad competitors.

Howevere, the scene in the church, with Sly, Shwarzy and Willis is amazing... trhee great actoprs i grow up with.

Movie sucked IMO. <span style="font-style: italic">The Losers </span>was on par or better in terms of plot, acting, and special effects/action. Granted, the Expendables had some good scenes like the airplane strafing run etc. but no amount of all-star casting could make up for the lack of legitimate explosions, stage blood, and good acting. It really distresses me that they couldn't even bother setting one stunt double on fire for the film, instead relying on poor CGI as a crutch for special effects. Jurrasic Park was more realistic.

The plot is so cliche I don't even have to explain it--you already know some evil tycoon has ambitions of world domination but a rag-tag bunch of commandos are gonna save the day while flicking cigar ashes and dispensing catchy one-liners and grinning through CGI sweat and blood. They even have the 'El General' archetype in the film, like the thick mustached Mexican Commando from <span style="font-style: italic">'Red Dawn'</span>. His bella daughter gets kidnapped by the evil Tycoon bad guy, he realizes the error of his ways and Stallone saves the day.

After leaving the theater I finally understood the title to the movie: "The Expendables" is a reference to your cash wasted on this movie ticket. If you want to see a generic action flick with an indestructable team of good guys fighting the evil tycoon guy, <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">The Losers </span></span>fits the bill better. I think those two films should switch movie titles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This sounds like precisely the kind of movie my Wife says demonstrates the dilapidated state of my mind. Dilapidate schmilapidate, I love a good old fashions action flic. Just watched Rambo III on cable last night. Still good.

Greg </div></div>

Hi Greg i saw it for free my Veterans affairs TPI ( Total Permanant Impairment ) card gets me free tickets there has to be some perks being smashed up by the army LOL

It was a good laugh but the exploding bodies just to hollywood with the shotgun the rest was worth the time and a good escape from reality.

I saw it last night. Over the top, but in a good way. It was a really good time, highly recommend it.

Exactly what I expected and having those expectations I really enjoyed the flick. Seeing sly and arnold poking at each other was worth it. The list of guys that got offered parts on the movie and turned it down was pretty funny. Van dammit didnt think it was on par with his career direction. WHAT CAREER YOU ASSCAN?!?!

Its OK and a lot better than any chick flick movie.

If your looking for something with a decent plot,good acting and a story this IS NOT the movie to see. It's more like a big time wrestling movie with some legit actors in it.

If you watched close you saw some hints at Sly's movie past: The classic truck ala Cobra's classic car, Blackbird on the plane ala "covey leader to Raven", .45's like Cobra, just bits and pieces here and there.