• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Fix by Q thoughts

cold-bore

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2012
Lubbock, TX
I have only recently discovered this rifle and am very interested but I would like to hear from owners. I couldn’t find any threads on this but the hide search doesn’t like the name.

One of the best rifles ever made. Lightweight, versatile, really accurate. A fix with one the the 20” proof carbon prefits in 6.5 would make a hell of an all around rifle.

Pro tip: Buy some KAC mags to run with it from the get go.

I really love my fix it is not the most accurate rifle I own but it is my favorite

Very light handy rifles. Mine shoot well. +1 for the KAC mag upgrade. I used mine for hunting with the mid and brother this year. Its been bouncing around pickup since October and has not missed a beat.

Buddy of mine has one. It has to be handled to truly appreciate it. I think it is an amazing hunting/general purpose rifle. Not good for prs competition or laying down and shooting groups, but for a gun you actually carry around and use in a practical sense, it's tough to beat.

Buddy of mine has one. It has to be handled to truly appreciate it. I think it is an amazing hunting/general purpose rifle. Not good for prs competition or laying down and shooting groups, but for a gun you actually carry around and use in a practical sense, it's tough to beat.

As someone who owns a Fix, I agree with everything said here. I carried it 40+ miles over 5 days in the SW Colorado mountains last year. It's the first rifle in my safe I'd want to hump around on an extended hunting trip. It's the last rifle in my safe I'd want to take to any sort of PRS-style match. Ergonomics are kind of sketchy for a taller shooter with long arms (I'm 6' 2", and the max LOP is just too damn short). The rifle itself is very accurate, and a great fit for single shot/slow fire scenarios.

Well I have had mine now for a few months and TBH I think it has too many issues (my sample anyway), it will fail to feed 15-20% of rounds consistently from multiple pmags which I hear is a magwell issue, the stock ergos are not the most comfortable neither is the bolt handle would have been nice to be able to lock the folded stock also. The cherry bomb muzzle device is not very good at mitigating recoil and the trigger has significant slop, I also can't take the bolt down even though I watched kit badgers video on youtube on how to do it the handle just won't lift out. That being said it has proven to be accurate enough (half moa @100) and is lightweight for what it is, bolt is very smooth too with a nice short lift. Overall though i'm very disappointed with it as I really wanted to like the rifle but will probably end up selling it because I Just cant ignore the feeding issues.

Last edited:
Anyone have an idea if the Cherry bomb muzzle device on the fix 308 can be swapped for a silencerco ASR specwar muzzle break?