• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The forgotten vudoo......

Aussiedan

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2020
Adelaide
Typical me, I ordered a vudoo here in Oz a few months back, completely forgot about it and then received an email last week saying that it arrived 6 weeks earlier than they'd anticipated and asking how I plan to pay for it 🤣🤦‍♂.

Now the scramble is on to pay for it, sell my b14r barrelled action and/or cz457.
Not to mention needing a trigger (probably a tt diamond) burris xtr rings, grabbing a strike eagle 5-25 for the short term until I can pick up a nf atacr 7-35 or similar.

On the plus side-

I now have a freakin vudoo 360 waiting in the wings that will eventually be exactly what I need and want for prs- I've only done 2 matches and I'm hooked, despite shooting abso-fuckin-lutely terribly!! 🤦‍♂️

Spec'd with a 20in bartlein kukri barrel and 40 moa rail.

*will definitely grab another vudoo when @RAVAGE88 finalises the 1/9tw development.

**pics, groups and other associated shenanigans to follow once its paid for, delivered and I get my barrelled action out of aussie gun jail.

Reactions: D_TROS and ZG47A
That's odd. I had to make full payment for VGW to ship mine. Of course, that wasn't a big deal for me, I already had the money saved up before I ever placed the order.

Good luck with your new Three 60 when you get it, mine is awesome.

As a side note, don't waste money on a scope you plan to replace, wait, save up, and buy what you want the first time. You must have another scope you can put on it in the mean time.

That's odd. I had to make full payment for VGW to ship mine. Of course, that wasn't a big deal for me, I already had the money saved up before I ever placed the order.

Good luck with your new Three 60 when you get it, mine is awesome.

As a side note, don't waste money on a scope you plan to replace, wait, save up, and buy what you want the first time. You must have another scope you can put on it in the mean time.
The SE scope will end up on my bergara 6.5 so it's not going to be replaced and thrown aside.

As for the ordering thing, the Aussie shop that I bought from had the exqct spec I wanted in one of their shipments that was already on its way so that's why I didn't pay anything upfront.
Definitely wish I was paying the U.S. price of 1800+/- rather than the 3k+ aud price.

Gotta pay to play 🤣

Reactions: ZG47A and Cowpokey
I don't have any experience with Burris XTR rings, they look ok, but for around the same money look at Warne Mountain Tech, that's what I run on my Vudoo with Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 APRS 6. I also have a set of those in 1" on my Kidd ULW squirrel rifle with Leupold 4X28. They are the nicest rings I own.

Reactions: Aussiedan
I've already got the rings and scope set aside at a local shop.
The xtr rings allow extra moa to be built into the rail/ring combo for when I eventually upgrade the scope.

In an ideal world I'd like to dial/holdover to 500ish yds but we'll see what happens over time and what is really needed as opposed to what I "think" might work.

Reactions: D_TROS and ZG47A
You will be fine with that SE on the Vudoo. Have used mine on my Vudoo to shoot past 500 yards on a 40 moa base. Actually a pretty good Rimfire scope. Not akin to a $3000 scope but will do pretty much everything you need.

You will be fine with that SE on the Vudoo. Have used mine on my Vudoo to shoot past 500 yards on a 40 moa base. Actually a pretty good Rimfire scope. Not akin to a $3000 scope but will do pretty much everything you need.
^^^ I shoot with Rob a fair amount and can attest that the SE has worked just fine on his Vudoo... and he has plenty of scopes to choose from.

I've peered through his SE a time or two and the optical quality is excellent for that price point.

Typical me, I ordered a vudoo here in Oz a few months back, completely forgot about it and then received an email last week saying that it arrived 6 weeks earlier than they'd anticipated and asking how I plan to pay for it 🤣🤦‍♂.

Now the scramble is on to pay for it, sell my b14r barrelled action and/or cz457.
Not to mention needing a trigger (probably a tt diamond) burris xtr rings, grabbing a strike eagle 5-25 for the short term until I can pick up a nf atacr 7-35 or similar.

On the plus side-

I now have a freakin vudoo 360 waiting in the wings that will eventually be exactly what I need and want for prs- I've only done 2 matches and I'm hooked, despite shooting abso-fuckin-lutely terribly!! 🤦‍♂️

*will definitely grab another vudoo when @RAVAGE88 finalises the 1/9tw development.

**pics, groups and other associated shenanigans to follow once its paid for, delivered and I get my barrelled action out of aussie gun jail.
Jeez mate hope i have same problem. I ordered months ago (Thru 3GT)but am told not till February with whom I’m going through. Have the $3200 aside, ordered XLR envy pro (hope works in it) have a TT two stage ready, and have a March 3-24x42 I’ll probably chuck on. Look forward to more info from you!!

Jeez mate hope i have same problem. I ordered months ago (Thru 3GT)but am told not till February with whom I’m going through. Have the $3200 aside, ordered XLR envy pro (hope works in it) have a TT two stage ready, and have a March 3-24x42 I’ll probably chuck on. Look forward to more info from you!!
That's about 15% more than we pay in the States...if the currency calculator I used is correct.

Reactions: Heffo
Nice mate. I went through rhinosports in Vic, but am in Adelaide.
It's all a process.
I should've been buying bits and pieces over the last few months but I was spending time and money on my new car 🤦‍♂️🤣

No wonder money is tight, between guns and cars im screwed haha

• Haha
Reactions: Heffo

On the plus side-

Well I'm not quite ready for a vudoo yet but if you decide you can't do it right now.
Please let me know, I'd likely take it.

You should take it & save me from myself 🤣

Well I'm not quite ready for a vudoo yet but if you decide you can't do it right now.
Please let me know, I'd likely take it.

You should take it & save me from myself 🤣
It's already done and dusted.
Half paid for.

Can't wait to get it in my mpa hybrid and get it out to the range and eventually a match in February with any luck.

Reactions: Drew M
Hypothetically, would there be any benefit or disadvantage of going for a 50moa base as opposed to the 40 moa base that I ordered.

Apart from maybe an extra 25-50yds on the dial?

Would depend on the scope you are using but you might have zeroing issues but basically you just get a little more dialing. About 10 moa actually. Lol

Would depend on the scope you are using but you might have zeroing issues but basically you just get a little more dialing. About 10 moa actually. Lol
Will be a strike eagle at first.

Lol @10 moa, funny that 🤣🤣

I was more worried about whether there was any issue with bottoming out the scope.
Have read something about not wanting to keep the scope in either elevation extreme.
Could've read wrong, I could be an idiot (most likely)
Im fairly new to the whole shooting so I don't really know any better

With the Strike Eagle 5-25 you should be fine with a 50 MOA. I have mine in a 40 MOA and zero at 50 without a problem and have about 5-6 mils below my zero so with 50 you should be fine. That said with the 40 and that scope I can dial to 500 yards so it all depends on how far you need to go also.

Nope just dial to 500. Didn't need more until I went past that and then held in reticle.

Just ordered a TT diamond 2 stage to go with my vudoo.

Whose willing to offer odds that I'll have a zco or atacr on order by new years?

it's only money right? 🤷‍♂️🤣
That Texan woman might feel different, but an Aussie accent goes a long way in these parts

Keep in mind the cheaper the scope the worse the image quality will look at the extreme ends of the elevation adjustment.

Its a tradeoff, assuming you are able to get that much adjustment and still zero.

One of the many reasons the ZCO is the perfect rimfire optic. The optic quality does not degrade through the adjustment range and it has a massive amount of internal adjustment while still being able to paralax down to like 25m.

Keep in mind the cheaper the scope the worse the image quality will look at the extreme ends of the elevation adjustment.

Its a tradeoff, assuming you are able to get that much adjustment and still zero.

One of the many reasons the ZCO is the perfect rimfire optic. The optic quality does not degrade through the adjustment range.
If I go zco/atacr this will end up being a 10k build 😬🤦‍♂️

Just coz it's expensive doesn't mean I'm not strongly considering it 🤣

The only ATACR that goes down low enough for rimfire is the 7-35. At that price might as well spend a little more for the ZCO.

I have no idea what the prices are in AUS but that could throw the value ballance out of wack. Here in the US the ZCO is about $800 more or so, not enough to not pick the ZCO IMO.

Its just money, can't take it with you to the grave. Might as well enjoy it while we are on this rock.

Reactions: nikonNUT
Just ordered a TT diamond 2 stage to go with my vudoo.

Whose willing to offer odds that I'll have a zco or atacr on order by new years?

it's only money right? 🤷‍♂️🤣
Hahaha I had a look through ZCO 5-27 and 7-35 Atacr today, which caught my eye as I was topping up my BR2 BR4 primer supply as they are starting to dry up here in Australia now too. At $5799 will only happen if I sell my bike….

Yes. Please let us import your hot conservative women and export our ugly nagging lefties in exchange.

Here's who you want, their version of our Kankles

hl@m_Bigimg.jpg

• Haha
Barrelled action is leaving Victoria tomorrow, it should be here and all put together for the first prs match of the year.

Even if I have to slap my athlon argos on it for a few weeks, I'll be using it for that match.
Also have 4 mags and a flat blade triggertech installed.

The excitement is real, can't wait to join the "more dollars than sense" club 🤣🤣

Barrelled action is leaving Victoria tomorrow, it should be here and all put together for the first prs match of the year.

Even if I have to slap my athlon argos on it for a few weeks, I'll be using it for that match.
Also have 4 mags and a flat blade triggertech installed.

The excitement is real, can't wait to join the "more dollars than sense" club 🤣🤣
Slight delay due to trigger not being delivered on time.

The wait is killing me 😬😬

Finally got it put together and the strike eagle 5-25 fitted.

Will get it out to the range on Thursday.

I have time, I have ammo, it "should" all come together quite nicely 🤣🤣

(jinxed myself for sure)

Attachments

• 20220207_113156.jpg
    20220207_113156.jpg
    331.7 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: Cowpokey
Looks good bud. I’m still eagerly awaiting mine. Who knows 🤷🏽‍♂️. Bullshit customs hang on to everything for months! XLR envy pro incoming also. 👍🏼