• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The generousity of some people...

3-0-hate

Captain Nimcompoop
Minuteman
Jun 13, 2011
Lost in Idaho...
Up the street from my house, an old timer Vietnam vets house caught on fire just before Christmas. To make a long story short, since then my father has been working with him to get his half burned down house sold. The poor guy fell on tough times a few months before the fire and had to save money by canceling his homeowners policy, so he was pretty much SOL.

Well my dad got his house sold for him for WAAAY over the asking price, and because he's such a nice guy we have still been helping him out any way we can. He doesn't currently have a car and he has a lot of stuff. We were helping him move a bunch of stuff to his storage unit today and we cam across a bunch of old and neglected revolvers and long guns. A couple of side by side 16ga shotguns, one of which has Damascus steel barrels, a Winchester 94 in .30-.30, a S&W revolver and a couple of other wheel guns.

He gave them to me. They need work, that's for sure but after a good looking over, they look to be salvageable..

He also gave me an old RCBS single stage (will be a nice addition to my dillon RL550) a beam scale and 3 sets of dies. (.243, .38spl and .30-06). He also gave me a bench vise, which I have been in need of since mine broke.

He also gave me 2 recurve bows and a bunch of target arrows and a few board head hunting arrows.

What a super nice guy. I wasn't helping him out to get stuff in return, but its nice when it happens.

Free stuff by SVThuh, on Flickr

Free stuff by SVThuh, on Flickr

An old friend said to me once "its nice to be nice to the nice" and it sure is refreshing to see people help others out with no expectations! Good on you and your family for helping him out and good luck to him on getting back on his feet!!!

Thanks for all the good comments..

Update on the Mod94 rifle.. It was manufactured in 1899! Ad the wood is in great shape as is the internals and the receiver... It's all just caked in filth. The barrel however is junk..

My Great-Uncle used to help an Elderly neighbor all the time because his kids NEVER came around. Mowing, shoveling snow, etc. When the old man died he left my Great-Uncle an estate worth over $1 Million. He was blown away. Never knew the old man was worth that. Not saying help others for a possible gain but sometimes karma gets you somewhere.

An old friend said to me once "its nice to be nice to the nice" and it sure is refreshing to see people help others out with no expectations! Good on you and your family for helping him out and good luck to him on getting back on his feet!!!

"It's nice to be nice to the nice"-- frank burns, mash 4077. Korea