• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s THE JUST F'N SEND IT PODCAST

BLKWLFK9

Just F'n Send It Podcast
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    Here's the announcement of my podcast that's dropping soon. Tune in on the podbean app and subscribe! There will be a lot of snipers hide references throughout the episodes! I'll probably keep this thread going with announcements and such in the future.

FB_IMG_1604937282634.jpg

edit: This podcast will take you on my journey to become the best shooter in my ability based on the effort I put forth. The goal is to make you, the listener, feel like you are in my reloading room, my truck on the way to or from a match, on the range with me. This will include a lot of shooters talk, but also other topics non related to shooting that you and I would probably find our selves talking about. This is just as much a journey for you as it is for me. Each podcast is 100% unedited, unfiltered, and genuine with all the rough edges that comes with it. If youre looking for a highly produced and polished podcast, this aint it. Are your conversations you have with your friends edited?? The answer is no, and neither will this because I want this to be a conversation between us. If you enjoy the podcast, comment and share with your friends. If you see me at a match or at the range, dont hesitate to come up and holler.

www.instagram.com/justfnsendit_podcast/

Last edited:
    1st episode is up! 2nd episode will go up later this week.

Hi,

LOLOLOLOL...I cannot believe you did not text me that you were going to be launching a podcast...I had to find out while listening to you record the first take of this all while having to tune out the damn tire noise.... Get some air in that right rear tire today!!!

I have been patiently waiting for the public version to come live so I could bring it up, lolol.

Back to topic....I like the free flow format!!!

Sincerely,
    Theis

Hi,

LOLOLOLOL...I cannot believe you did not text me that you were going to be launching a podcast...I had to find out while listening to you record the first take of this all while having to tune out the damn tire noise.... Get some air in that right rear tire today!!!

I have been patiently waiting for the public version to come live so I could bring it up, lolol.

Back to topic....I like the free flow format!!!

Sincerely,
    Theis

See, this is the shit I was talking about. No shit, I had my right rear tire patched because of a nail. You scary...

Good podcast. Love the format, and also being able to hear from someone other than Top10.

Also I like that you have connections to people that I've only been able to stalk on the Hide, and that I'm able to hear from them as well.

86970092_481758012778893_4254800559984345088_n.jpg

I'm only 8 minutes in on ep 4.

1) get one of those hunting/around the waist hand warmer things like the football players use. came in handy for those cold mornings.

2) i also RO'd this match - and i also won't do it again. i shot like shit on day 1. you don't get any time for mental stage prep, constantly rushing yourself... makes for poor performance for sure. Maybe i'll RO a 1 day here and there but no more shooting/ROing two day matches.

Reactions: RS14 and BLKWLFK9
    Yea, Kyle. lol, i have one that i hunt with and have never thought about using one for matches. LoL, ive never shot a match before where i'd need one. Saw a couple folks using them this weekend and said "Now theres a thought." I promise you this, any match or outdoor activity i ever participate in with that kind of cold, i wont be out there without it.

I completely agree. I feel like i set myself up for failure by ROing and shooting. Really took me off my game, and when you deal with the stupid shit in your head that i do, it only compounds the negatives. I actually really love ROing. I'll still do so, but only when i dont plan on shooting. THAT is a promise.

Reactions: RS14 and Olen_4504
    Great stuff, @BLKWLFK9! I'm really enjoying your podcasts. All I would say is, please don't apologize for who you are. The appeal of your podcast for me is that you are a regular guy talking to me about shooting, your gear, etc. Keep up the great work.

Thanks, Homie. That is kind of the whole jist of my podcast. Im a commoner. I dont have the credentials of the rest of the PR podcast guys. Im no instructor, not a NRL/PRS champion, not a former active duty sniper, none of that. I would LIKE to be a champion, but being honest, i dont have the will nor the determination that is required to be one, so no false hope for me. I understand the adage of "Dont be disappointed of the results you didnt get from the lack of effort that you didn't put in." I accept it. I only wish to better myself and others around me to the best of my ability and from the amount of effort i put forth.

1 more thing - regarding bipod and always not knowing which height/position to run it.

1) take notes of that in your match book. esp at pauls - then next time you go shoot you can refer back and remember how many clicks and where you put you bipod

2) I've started forcing myself to run a bag whenever possible in place of a bipod on funky props.

those culverts - i stopped using a bipod on those mid-last year. i run a bag all the way across those and it's just as stable as "modified prone". if my gamechanger can lay 100% flat and supported on a prop so that i have max surface area - i will opt for that over a fighting a bipod. now i do use a gray ops plate so that helps. if you take look at my most recent pic on IG you'll see me running a bag on the pipes. super solid.

in the tower on day 2 when we had to shoot the railings.... instead of deploying a bipod for that last position - i just laid my GC down and shoot off that - just a steady as prone. where as a lot of guys timed out deploying their bipod and realizing their rear bag wasn't tall enough to shoot down at that angle.

there was a rock pile at the TX match and a lot of guys ran their bipods and rear bags and each rock was a slightly different shape/incline and a lot of guys timed out from struggling with their bipod. i ran the whole thing with a bag only and it was perfect.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
    Yea, i saw your pic yesterday. Me and Jeff were talking about the difference of running it with a big bag and plate vs bipod. I can see how it can be benificial. I wasn't sure about the height on the pipes this weekend b/c it was a new bipod and chassis. I know exactly were to run my old W3 and Atlas. I think i dropped 1 on that stage the last time i had ran it. I know how how to set everything up for those pipes. I may give a bag a try on them next time. Ive never NOT used a bipod and rear bag on that stage. I got to redeem myself on those fucking tires though. lol. They seem to be my kryptonite.

The new tower's railing stage was a simple one, but it was our last stage of the day and wind had picked up. there was little to no wind at the target but up in that tower, the wind was blowing ME everywhere. Those kinds of positions are normally my bread and butter but when the wind is howling up there, its hard to stay stable. Even in my spotter, the reticle was shaking up there and my wind flag was standing on end. i finished that stage pretty quickly. I have a harris that i use for quick deployment situations.

We got to squad up, homie. Im all about the fun and always on joke time.

Yea, i saw your pic yesterday. Me and Jeff were talking about the difference of running it with a big bag and plate vs bipod. I can see how it can be benificial. I wasn't sure about the height on the pipes this weekend b/c it was a new bipod and chassis. I know exactly were to run my old W3 and Atlas. I think i dropped 1 on that stage the last time i had ran it. I know how how to set everything up for those pipes. I may give a bag a try on them next time. Ive never NOT used a bipod and rear bag on that stage. I got to redeem myself on those fucking tires though. lol. They seem to be my kryptonite.

The new tower's railing stage was a simple one, but it was our last stage of the day and wind had picked up. there was little to no wind at the target but up in that tower, the wind was blowing ME everywhere. Those kinds of positions are normally my bread and butter but when the wind is howling up there, its hard to stay stable. Even in my spotter, the reticle was shaking up there and my wind flag was standing on end. i finished that stage pretty quickly. I have a harris that i use for quick deployment situations.

We got to squad up, homie. Im all about the fun and always on joke time.

yeah - lets do it.

that's another thing - i want to start changing up my usual squad mates and meet more people. not that i don't like shooting with them. but it's fun to change it up occasionally.

Great stuff, @BLKWLFK9! I'm really enjoying your podcasts. All I would say is, please don't apologize for who you are. The appeal of your podcast for me is that you are a regular guy talking to me about shooting, your gear, etc. Keep up the great work.

yes. Just be yourself man. Your doing a great job. And if someone doesn’t like it. So what. Many others will.

1 more thing - regarding bipod and always not knowing which height/position to run it.

1) take notes of that in your match book. esp at pauls - then next time you go shoot you can refer back and remember how many clicks and where you put you bipod

2) I've started forcing myself to run a bag whenever possible in place of a bipod on funky props.

those culverts - i stopped using a bipod on those mid-last year. i run a bag all the way across those and it's just as stable as "modified prone". if my gamechanger can lay 100% flat and supported on a prop so that i have max surface area - i will opt for that over a fighting a bipod. now i do use a gray ops plate so that helps. if you take look at my most recent pic on IG you'll see me running a bag on the pipes. super solid.

in the tower on day 2 when we had to shoot the railings.... instead of deploying a bipod for that last position - i just laid my GC down and shoot off that - just a steady as prone. where as a lot of guys timed out deploying their bipod and realizing their rear bag wasn't tall enough to shoot down at that angle.

there was a rock pile at the TX match and a lot of guys ran their bipods and rear bags and each rock was a slightly different shape/incline and a lot of guys timed out from struggling with their bipod. i ran the whole thing with a bag only and it was perfect.

What’s your IG handle?

Edit**Nevermind I found you easily once I looked.

Last edited:
    Good Podcast bud. I'm only on Episode 3 but like what I'm hearing so far. Thanks for doing it.
    Keep up the cursing, its shows us when you'r excited or really mean what you're talking about. You Do you and F' the pansies that can's handle it. Not all entertainment/information is meant to be played when the kids are around, I kind of like it.

Good Podcast bud. I'm only on Episode 3 but like what I'm hearing so far. Thanks for doing it.
    Keep up the cursing, its shows us when you'r excited or really mean what you're talking about. You Do you and F' the pansies that can's handle it. Not all entertainment/information is meant to be played when the kids are around, I kind of like it.

Thanks Jack. Glad to hear people are enjoying it. I am less concerned about the cursing than i am with my ADHD ramblings, sometimes not being able to get to the end of a topic b/c i went down 34 rabbit trails. lol. I could see how some people would get irritated and turn it off. I can't say i'd blame them. If i go back and listen to it myself, i, myself, will say "god damn it david, get to the end of it already" but when im "flowing" its hard to realize it. Just so everyone knows, i have 0 show notes when recording this, so it is 100% coming off the dome piece, 100% organic. Depending on who you are, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Oh well. Hope it isn't as bad to others as i feel it is to me listening to myself. lol Thanks for all the support guys. Im getting way better feedback than expected.

that match was the only one I refused to take my glove off to shoot lol. That Saturday morning was brutal.

And I agree, I stopped ROing all last season to make my run in TAC class. ROing does make a difference in your shooting and ability to properly run yourself through the stage before you shoot it. Giving yourself even 1 shooter just barely gives you enough time to get your gear together and get staged to shoot. If you are wanting to place well instead of just work on some things and have fun then dont RO.

Havent listened to 1-3 but I started listening to 4 on the way into work today and have similar problems as you with rushing...I shoot fast but need to mentally tell myself constantly to slow down at the actual trigger press.

Let me know if you ever need a local training buddy...I wont give the town but I'm in G as well.

that match was the only one I refused to take my glove off to shoot lol. That Saturday morning was brutal.

And I agree, I stopped ROing all last season to make my run in TAC class. ROing does make a difference in your shooting and ability to properly run yourself through the stage before you shoot it. Giving yourself even 1 shooter just barely gives you enough time to get your gear together and get staged to shoot. If you are wanting to place well instead of just work on some things and have fun then dont RO.

Havent listened to 1-3 but I started listening to 4 on the way into work today and have similar problems as you with rushing...I shoot fast but need to mentally tell myself constantly to slow down at the actual trigger press.

Let me know if you ever need a local training buddy...I wont give the town but I'm in G as well.

Oh shit, dude, you got to get up with us. I'll pm you my number. We have a private range out to 1k in Pactolus that we are overhauling to have 12 lanes, with multiple targets out to 900. Going to hold matches there. You are welcome to come shoot with us out there in the mean time. Our plans are, when the range is finished, holding some "friends" training matches, by invite only. A few squads, squad ROing and score keeping, and calling corrections to help improve. Match format with a training feel.

This is good advice, and I agree with all of it. It's the reason I prefer my full size wax canvas GC, when laid on its side it is very stable. In the midwest where I shoot, everything is 90 seconds as well, so when you approach the typical "5 positions X 2 shots each" stage, you have to be honest with yourself and think about how much time you really have to move vs. shoot. I see many people struggle with getting the perfect position on 3 of the 5 props, then timing out. But the people cleaning it are using one bag and minimizing the time spent transitioning, while retaining almost as much stability as a bipod and rear bag. Same with using a tripod as a rear support...unless you practice it and are already fast, you're going to fumble f*ck around with it and time out with 4 rounds left in your mag.

Good point on taking notes, which is one thing I'm terrible at doing. Using the same gear for years helps, as I'm not one to switch gear like a bipod often, if ever. So I've got the height settings in my mind, but switching chassis or even a bipod arca adapter can change things. It's another reason to just use a bag if you can.

Thanks Jack. Glad to hear people are enjoying it. I am less concerned about the cursing than i am with my ADHD ramblings, sometimes not being able to get to the end of a topic b/c i went down 34 rabbit trails. lol. I could see how some people would get irritated and turn it off. I can't say i'd blame them. If i go back and listen to it myself, i, myself, will say "god damn it david, get to the end of it already" but when im "flowing" its hard to realize it. Just so everyone knows, i have 0 show notes when recording this, so it is 100% coming off the dome piece, 100% organic. Depending on who you are, that could be a good thing or a bad thing. Oh well. Hope it isn't as bad to others as i feel it is to me listening to myself. lol Thanks for all the support guys. Im getting way better feedback than expected.
    I like the flowing mind dump, you at least reign it in eventually haha.

I will say this, when you interview other people, please do some research first or have a basic list of questions/topics. The PRM podcast drives me absolutely bonkers, it's like he never does any research on the people or companies prior to getting them on the phone for an hour. Then he asks about the products and goes on google during the interview to look things up...I feel bad for the companies on the podcast because at that point I turn it off and it's not their fault.

I like the flowing mind dump, you at least reign it in eventually haha.

I will say this, when you interview other people, please do some research first or have a basic list of questions/topics. The PRM podcast drives me absolutely bonkers, it's like he never does any research on the people or companies prior to getting them on the phone for an hour. Then he asks about the products and goes on google during the interview to look things up...I feel bad for the companies on the podcast because at that point I turn it off and it's not their fault.

Nah, the interviews/joint podcasts will be a whole different type situation. Honestly, most of the folks that will be on, I already know them. I want to obviously talk to them about how they relate to PR, but also, talk about other things non related to PR. I'll have my poop in a group before recording those episodes, fo sho. My solo ramblings is the off the brain piece content.

This is literally what makes for a good radio format. As long as you circle the wagon back to the original topic after the 10th rabbit hole you are doing it like a pro.

Just went and listened to ep4. The sound was better but I realized that I'm moving away from the mic too far. I record in my reloading stool and if I sit straight up, I'm too far away to sound good. I'll change that for ep5.

Just went and listened to ep4. The sound was better but I realized that I'm moving away from the mic too far. I record in my reloading stool and if I sit straight up, I'm too far away to sound good. I'll change that for ep5.

Not sure of what investment you are looking to make but maybe a good headset mic for yourself and keep your current mic for any guests or whatever. Would give you consistent sound and freedom to move/swivel/etc.

Not sure of what investment you are looking to make but maybe a good headset mic for yourself and keep your current mic for any guests or whatever. Would give you consistent sound and freedom to move/swivel/etc.

Lol, I was just texting @samb300 an hour ago saying the same thing. The headset would be perfect for my situation.

Reactions: RS14
    Just finished listening to ep4. On the audio issues I just heard one of my podcasts talking about mic setup for the first 14 minutes

BTW the american is Cgp grey (youtuber and co-host of Hello Internet and Cortex podcasts) and the British guy is Myke Hurley (co-founder of relay.fm and co-host of 13 podcasts).

Following something along those lines would probably work for you or something along the lines of a headset like someone mentioned earlier.

Great podcast so far. Keep going. EVERYBODY has some getting started issues.

@BLKWLFK9, I speak for a living, doing demos for a software company over the web and in person, and have spoken thousands of times to audiences as large as 4000 in person. The authenticity you have and the raw material are all excellent. Don't change that, unless it's something you feel strongly about.

Otherwise, I think one thing that will help you (it really helped me) is to get a good quality headset with a mic, like was mentioned. It will give you freedom and one less thing to think about as well as keeping your sound crisp and consistent. Just my .02. I will be on your 4th episode tomorrow. Keep up the GREAT work, brother. I love your content and the storytelling style you are using. Makes me feel I am right there in the room with you and we are just having a chat.

Any plans on getting the podcast on Google Podcasts?

I don't have an iTunes account and quite frankly the Podbean app absolutely sucks.

Any plans on getting the podcast on Google Podcasts?

I don't have an iTunes account and quite frankly the Podbean app absolutely sucks.
    Pocketcasts is a great app. You can say I've used it a bit. Since August 2015.
    Screenshot_20200227-005602_Pocket Casts.jpg

The things that I like about it is that you can have it auto download and add to an up next list (this one is the only one that I add to the top of the list). Also speed adjustments available for each individual podcast in 0.1 increments (its a podcast player in MILS!). If a podcast isn't there yet just copy the rss feed into it and it's there. I had to do that for this one. Also great color options.

Reactions: kthomas
    Just finished Ep1 yesterday at work, thanks for putting this together and keep up the good work.

@BLKWLFK9, I speak for a living, doing demos for a software company over the web and in person, and have spoken thousands of times to audiences as large as 4000 in person. The authenticity you have and the raw material are all excellent. Don't change that, unless it's something you feel strongly about.

Otherwise, I think one thing that will help you (it really helped me) is to get a good quality headset with a mic, like was mentioned. It will give you freedom and one less thing to think about as well as keeping your sound crisp and consistent. Just my .02. I will be on your 4th episode tomorrow. Keep up the GREAT work, brother. I love your content and the storytelling style you are using. Makes me feel I am right there in the room with you and we are just having a chat.

Thanks for the kind words, brother. That was nice to hear. I ordered a headset yesterday so hopefully that issue will be taken care of.

As far as adding it to other podcast sites, i'll look into itunes, google podcast, and pocketcasts. If it aint too much trouble, i dont mind adding it there.

Again, thanks to everyone for the support, guys. Its been very much unexpected but appreciated.