• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The Kings Animals

Goats roam the streets because they are metal as fuck. I encourage them to run amuck and start kicking some ass.

As for the ungulates, I have room in the freezers for four, maybe five more.

Let the firing commence.

Reactions: Flintdog2011
Back in the day it was punishable by death to kill or hunt one of the King's animals without permission. All game was considered property of the King.

Just like all game is considered property of the state today. Hunger can definitely change a man. Interesting times indeed.

Wild animals are not the King's property here in the USA. They are a shared resource owned by the citizenry. State and state and federal agencies can control access to this resource as confirmed by the SCOTUS.

The main issue for the city dwellers is that they have no clue about what to do with a dead animal even if they had the skills and resolve to kill it.

My younger brother and a friend were travelling in Australia and after having seriously underestimated the distance/time to the next town, they were going mighty hungry. Then they hit a 'roo with their vehicle. When I asked my brother how that tasted, he sheepishly admitted that they did not know how to turn it into a meal. He learned from that mistake and is now a hunter which, in Germany, includes training to butcher the harvest.

OTOH, my mom who was in her early 20s at the end of WWII, taught me plenty of tricks on how to turn a boar into the maximum amount of food. They called cats "roof rabbits" during the hardest times.

Last edited:
A large majority of city folks dont even know where milk comes from. And i’ve seen the city boys’ faces when i breasted out some quail in front of them.....if they have to do that or die, they’ll be dying en masse.
Truth be told, they don't know where electricity comes from.
The GreenNewDeal would be dead if they did.

City folks would be the new white meat, if times got hard enough.

• Love
Reactions: W54/XM-388
I will not go hungry my family eats deer and quail and if things got bad enough there are turkey but damn do they stink. I have had people that I thought of as smart say that you should not have to kill a cow to have beef. There will be a shit load of people that will die of starvation and or lead poisoning due to trying to take what they are not smart enough to get on there own.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
EDF7BF3F-F3E2-45EB-81D3-7F83531BB439.jpeg

green chili jackrabbit from 2 nights ago. Average size jack in my area is 2 pounds of meat or more. Slow cooked is the safest and easiest to eat. Tough if cooked past medium rare and i have not had the balls to do that to something with fleas and ticks.

it tastes great, even with just s&p grilled, but even backstraps get tough if over cooked. I would compare it to quail.

fed it to a bunch of people who had no idea what it was. They loved it, asked for seconds. They were in awe after i told them the next day

can of green chili enchilada sauce, bone in rabbit meat, cook on low for 8 hours, remove bones, add meat back in, mash it up and serve.

im gonna try coyote some day, but timing has to be right and i would prob mske it the same way as my rabbit. Call me crazy, but as i see it, better figure out what you can eat and how to prepare it, before you need to.

There was a study done that concluded : If food ran out and people had to kill their own, most wildlife would be irreversibly decimated, if not completely wiped out, in 2 months time.

Reactions: myronman3
There was a study done that concluded : If food ran out and people had to kill their own, most wildlife would be irreversibly decimated, if not completely wiped out, in 2 months time.
I’ve had this opinion for a long time. Every morons shtf plan is to hunt deer in the woods.

It would be worse than opening day of dove season on public land.

Why is it they are the kings property,... until it tares up other property or someone gets killed trying to avoid said property? Where I come from that is a double standard, no matter who owns it!

There’s a reason there weren’t any deer left after the Great Depression.
Might help take care of the feral hog problem though.
Deer population in the Southeast was next to nothing prior to the Great Depression. Another event approx 60 yrs earlier had a big impact.

A large majority of city folks dont even know where milk comes from. And i’ve seen the city boys’ faces when i breasted out some quail in front of them.....if they have to do that or die, they’ll be dying en masse.

Exactly this. The millennials don't understand why we have to bother farming and ranching anymore because we can just get our groceries from the store. How do people get THAT stupid?